Penang Non Imm O Visa

You should be fine. The only thing you need is proof of income (฿800k or equivalent) with a copy of bank statement (can be non-thai bank for Penang) and be over 50 years old. Here is a guide to getting to/from penang:

Once you apply for the extension of stay at local immigration office, that is a separate process and perhaps a separate thread. What city/province do you plan to apply for extension?

Be aware, when I applied for the same at Penang, they  asked for a "proof of income letter from your embassy".

How long ago was this? Was this single or multiple non-immigrant O?

Can other recent Penang applicants confirm Embassy income letter is needed for non-o for either retirement or visiting family?

13 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

How long ago was this? Was this single or multiple non-immigrant O?

Can other recent Penang applicants confirm Embassy income letter is needed for non-o for either retirement or visiting family?

This was around 20th August 2016. I went there to apply for a Single Entry Non O based on being over 50.

I thought I had all documents, inc THB800,000 in bank + confirming bank letters and statements.

They didn't even look at them. They insisted I obtain a proof of income letter from my embassy (UK).

I even went and asked Jim, the well known visa agent in Penang. He told me they had introduced this requirement a couple of months earlier.

See my post #31 in this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/933559-documents-required-by-penang-for-non-o-based-on-age/?page=2#comment-11078573

For your information.. I just returned from Vientiane with a Non O. They didn't have the proof of income requirement.

So for Penang, can someone go to their passport's embassy in Malaysia to get an income letter?  Or do they need to get income from their embassy within Thailand first?

Is Penang asking for embassy income affidavit for marriage/visiting family proof of income?  or only retirement?

1 hour ago, 4evermaat said:

So for Penang, can someone go to their passport's embassy in Malaysia to get an income letter?  Or do they need to get income from their embassy within Thailand first?

Is Penang asking for embassy income affidavit for marriage/visiting family proof of income?  or only retirement?

I can only speak of my own experience. They told me I needed to get the Proof of income letter from UK embassy in BKK. I wanted Non O based on over 50. 

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

53 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I can only speak of my own experience. They told me I needed to get the Proof of income letter from UK embassy in BKK. I wanted Non O based on over 50. 

It does not have to prove sufficient income to get the visa, They want something to prove a person is retired. If a person was on a pension something proving that might be accepted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, edh69 said:

good infos - thanks - and how much cost the non-immigrant-0 visa - multiple entry  - i am 64 - retired - more then enough in thai-bank and letter to prove my monthly pension from my embassy - and how many days it takes to get the visa? is it better to handle with an agent - or is it easy to go there alone (with thai-wife of course!) - thanks - if need agent - what agent does good work for a reasonable price - how much? - will be in penang next month

If you are married to a Thai it would be best to apply for the visa based upon marriage.

You apply for the visa the morning of one day and pick up the next afternoon.

You can do the apply yourself. Using an agent saves the time spent at the consulate and the cost of transport to get there.

750 RM for non-immigrant multiple if you go to the consulate and do it yourself.  As @UbonJoe said, it is next business day afternoon pickup.

An agent like Banana or Jim's Place can save you time from having to run back/forth twice to the consulate.

5 hours ago, sfokevin said:

phetphet... are you saying that they requested BOTH 800K Bank account and income letter or just the income letter would have been sufficient?

On 10/25/2016 at 7:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

It does not have to prove sufficient income to get the visa, They want something to prove a person is retired. If a person was on a pension something proving that might be accepted.

If you have 65k baht or more income the money in the bank would not be needed.

• 8 months later...
On 25/10/2016 at 8:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi UbonJoe,

Can you please confirm that they want to see proof of retirement only I was thinking of going to Penang to get a Non-O based on being over 50 but I haven't retired yet so was hoping to use proof of income from UK Embassy in Singapore based on my income from working here.

Thanks

LIS

13 minutes ago, LostinSEA said:

Can you please confirm that they want to see proof of retirement only I was thinking of going to Penang to get a Non-O based on being over 50 but I haven't retired yet so was hoping to use proof of income from UK Embassy in Singapore based on my income from working here.

The proof of retirement is needed if you are showing 800k baht in the bank.

If income only you would need to show the equivalent of 65k baht. Not sure about the letter from the UK embassy in Singapore. A bank statement showing the incoming might be better.

If only to prove retirement a notarized statement stating you are retired would be accepted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The proof of retirement is needed if you are showing 800k baht in the bank.

If income only you would need to show the equivalent of 65k baht. Not sure about the letter from the UK embassy in Singapore. A bank statement showing the incoming might be better.

If only to prove retirement a notarized statement stating you are retired would be accepted.

Thanks UbonJoe, I'll reach out to the Thai Embassy in Penang to see if they will accept Proof Income from the UK Embassy in Singapore or whether I need to get one from an Embassy in Malaysia... 

Excuse my ignorance but I've seen "Jim" mentioned a few times wrt getting Thai Visas in Penang, I'm assuming he's a well known Visa Agent there, does anybody have more details? Is there a website I can check?

Thanks

LIS

Just now, LostinSEA said:

Thanks UbonJoe, I'll reach out to the Thai Embassy in Penang to see if they will accept Proof Income from the UK Embassy in Singapore or whether I need to get one from an Embassy in Malaysia... 

If not Singapore then the UK embassy here would be best. The issue the single entry non-o under the assumption you will be applying for an extension of stay here.

Just now, LostinSEA said:

Excuse my ignorance but I've seen "Jim" mentioned a few times wrt getting Thai Visas in Penang, I'm assuming he's a well known Visa Agent there, does anybody have more details? Is there a website I can check?

No website. Face book and this with contact info. http://jimsplacepenang.tripod.com/

• Like 1

Quick Update, I emailed Jim through the address listed above & got an auto reply (am sure he won't mind me posting the details here as anybody emailing him at the above address would receive the same)... 

Thanks for your email - if you need a response or information for your visa please contact me on -

FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/jim.tachinamurthy

Messenger or WhatsApp  +60 166536963

Have a bombastic day!

I don't do F*c*book so have pinged him on Whatsapp, will update when he replies.

Thanks again for all of the advice

LIS

• Like 1

• 2 months later...