Women 'nearing equality with men - in alcohol consumption'

webfact

Women 'nearing equality with men - in alcohol consumption'

By James Gallagher

Health and science reporter, BBC News website

Women have all but caught up with men at knocking back alcohol, a global study of drinking habits shows.

The analysis of 4 million people, born between 1891 and 2001, showed that men used to be far more likely to drink and have resulting health problems.

But the current generation have pretty much closed the gap, the BMJ Open report says. The changing roles of men and women in society partly explain the move towards boozing parity.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/health-37751132

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-25

That's not the only thing they have caught up with, the disgusting behaviour shown by some women from the anglo-saxon parts of the world is sickening, the fat, foul mouthed, binge drinking ' ladies' could learn a lot from Asian women on decorum.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Which is why i dont buy lady drinks any more. 

a fair call, we are ruining their lives. possibly womans lives are now becoming just as miserable as mens so they are turning to booze to self medicate. they would probably have been happier staying at home doing the more important and rewarding job of raising our kids.

48 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That's not the only thing they have caught up with, the disgusting behaviour shown by some women from the anglo-saxon parts of the world is sickening, the fat, foul mouthed, binge drinking ' ladies' could learn a lot from Asian women on decorum.

Quite right, in general drunken western women are far more embarrassing than their Asian counterparts.  However that serene Asian façade often disguises a far more dangerous underbelly.

Then are they catching up with the # of people killed by male drunk drivers?  or....

>>>  cases needing liver transplants, and generally running up insurance and hospital costs for everyone; drinkers and non-drinkers?

>>>  increased #'s of fetal alcohol syndrome?  I almost had that.  While my mother was pregnant with me, she would go out nearly every night and get drunk as a skunk on cocktails.  It may also explain why I've had severe hay fever since age 7.

>>>  are women going to catch up, as husband beaters, close to the number of wife-beaters?  And yes, wives have been known to beat on husbands.

>>>  already, it's been shown, women get into drunk hair-pulling fights when exiting bar joints.  It's only going to get worse.

Meanwhile, the world's most harmful drug continues to be legal, while hemp or pot can land a person in jail.  Nutzoid world we're living in.

On 10/26/2016 at 2:27 PM, Nurseynutcase said:

Good luck to the equality stakes - I have been trying for over 40 years to equal men on the booze front but never succeeded yet.  Doubt I will now!!!!!!!!!

why would you even want to do that ? trying to destroy the most intricate machine in the universe doesn't speak of high intelligence 

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

why would you even want to do that ? trying to destroy the most intricate machine in the universe doesn't speak of high intelligence 

What makes you think she is trying to destroy the space shuttle?