How to get short extension to retirement visa

I'm an US citizen with a type "O" visa with a retirement extension.  My extension expires next year on August 17.  I plan to move out of the country on September 15.  Is there an easy way to get a 30 day extension without having to do a border run or some other elaborate workaround?  

Unless you are married to a Thai all that you will get is 7 days.  However, if you qualify you could just apply for another 1 year extension, the cost is the same,  It will be nullified once you leave if you don't get a reentry permit.  The only problem is that you would need to show the 800000 baht or 65000 baht/month income requirement.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

just do a border run and get another 30 days, much cheaper than paying overstay

IF u have the $$ in the bank just get another 1 year extension.  If not, do the above

Rather than just a run to and from the nearest border, the OP might wish to consider whether this might not provide him with a great opportunity to visit somewhere else in SE Asia for a few days before he goes back home for good. KL or Singapore spring to mind since he won't need visas to get to either of those places.

I'm an US citizen with a type "O" visa with a retirement extension.

If you're on a retirement extension, you don't have a non-imm O visa. It would have expired long ago.

Either do a border run for a 30 day visa exempt entry or renew your extension. The latter would required money in the bank or get an income affidavit from the embassy showing you have income > Baht 65,000 a month. Probably easier to get the visa exempt entry good for 30 days plus 30 day extension if needed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the current length of stay given to Americans doing land border entries into Thailand?

It used to be just two weeks or 15 days.  Did it get extended to a month somewhere along the line

It is 30 days for all "G7" Countries now.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the current length of stay given to Americans doing land border entries into Thailand?

It used to be just two weeks or 15 days.  Did it get extended to a month somewhere along the line

Yes.  G-7 countries got it extended back to the old 30 days several years ago. 

Your from the U.S. So you don't need the money in the bank. Just go to the U.S. Embassy in Bkk and get your income affidavit (they supply it or download online) notorized. Cost is $55 usd. Put down whatever income you want to, they don't check. The notorizion just verifies your signature. We are the only country that has a treaty with Thailand that does not require that we show proof of funds in the bank. I have lived in Thailand 3 years now and never had the required funds in the bank and have gotten the extension for retirement every year. I do understand that it is possible that on a rare occasion that some out of the way offices do ask for your bankstatement but that only happened to me once. All I did was say I was an American and did not have to show proof of funds in the bank and the man apologized and stamped my passport and that was it.

10 minutes ago, bustit997 said:

Your from the U.S. So you don't need the money in the bank. Just go to the U.S. Embassy in Bkk and get your income affidavit (they supply it or download online) notorized. Cost is $55 usd. Put down whatever income you want to, they don't check. The notorizion just verifies your signature. We are the only country that has a treaty with Thailand that does not require that we show proof of funds in the bank. I have lived in Thailand 3 years now and never had the required funds in the bank and have gotten the extension for retirement every year. I do understand that it is possible that on a rare occasion that some out of the way offices do ask for your bankstatement but that only happened to me once. All I did was say I was an American and did not have to show proof of funds in the bank and the man apologized and stamped my passport and that was it.

When you sign the income affidavit you swear that it is true an correct in front of a consular officer. Making a false statement to an officer is a criminal offense.

If you can prove income you don't need to show money in  the bank. You just need to show the proof of the income if asked.

Just because you are an american does not exempt you from having to prove your income.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bustit997 said:

Nothing like lying on a official paper with the us goverment.

and then to make matters worse bragging about it,  are u <deleted> or what>>>???

BTW   Border run would be cheaper by bus (paper $55/extension $55) $110

• Like 1