No shipping to Thailand

fruitman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

What's the "scam"? Is the no refund policy not spelled out on their website...did you read the Terms and Conditions of sale? If the policy is stated, then it's not a scam.

Depends how small the small print is and if the conditions could be considered to be unfair, if in the UK trading standards could be informed if you think conditions are unfair i have heard of something called the better business in the USA which may be similar

2 hours ago, lucifer666 said:

I buy online frequently and i have never found a seller that wouldn't ship to Thailand.

Lucky you.

I only consider buying things online as a last resort - even so, I've wasted many hours online considering the various options 'available', only to find when trying to buy that they won't send to Thailand.  Search for a different supplier and repeat cycle.....

3 hours ago, Eneukman said:

I was trying to buy a new kindle from Amazon. Amazon in the UK wouldn't ship to Thailand but their parent company in America did, though only certain models. Fortunately, one of them that did ship was the one I wanted. 

I had big problems with FedEx, who handle Amazon's worldwide shipping from America. My kindle arrived in Hong Kong in good time but from there went to:

China

Back to Hong Kong

To Taiwan

Back to Hong Kong

To China

To Korea

Back to Hong Kong 

To China yet again before finally being sent on to Bangkok.

Amazon were very good and refunded all delivery charges yet. surprise, surprise, FedEx in Bangkok saw absolutely nothing wrong with it being bounced from Hong Kong to and from Taiwan and Korea.

Alan

I bought a kindle from Amazon US and it arrived promptly at my doorstep after 2 weeks or so, I have done several purchases from Amazon US and everything has always arrived in time and undamaged.

However some things that I look for on Amazon are not shipped to Thailand.

I have had loads of stuff sent through Ebay, and also FedEx (I can't remember for certain) some big items from China (Alibaba) - about 20kg each...

I guess about 1 in 10 of the Ebay items never arrive but I always get a full refund or they will send again....

Is best when they send with a Tracking number..

Also there is tax to pay once it get over ?? $1,000 baht, but many of my items were more than this and was never asked for tax....

If it has not turned up, check with your post office that it is not there waiting for you to pay some tax...

Slightly off topic and I do apologise but I thought you'd still like to know. I use deedee cashback (ok, disclaimer is that I know the owner) when buying stuff online in Thailand (you basically get cashback on your shopping - it's like a discount). In terms of the question of who ships here, my understanding is that they all do (some based here, some foreign). So at the very least you can get a list from there.

I can see reading this back it sounds like a bit of an advert but it works for me as I travel quite a bit and get to save on my flights and hotels etc and it builds up nicely. Just thought you'd like to know - share the love and all that.

8 hours ago, sledpull said:

iHerb purportedly ships here but customs could get involved according to iHerb!

Lazada ships free but difficult to get refunds on poor quality products you may receive.

I buy at least once a month from iHerb. Postage usually $2.75. They use somebody such as fedex who ship to thailand and then pass on to the post office for delivery. Usually takes about 2 weeks. Secret of not getting caught for customs is to not ship to bangkok and total value under $60. Dont confuse this with fedex courier as even iHerb wont use it because they know of the customs scam. 

Usually the problem is with people who don't want the hassle of shipping outside the country of origin. In the U.S., for example, just using the U.S. Postal Service, there's a customs form you have to affix on the package, and it takes a minute or two to fill it out. Sometimes there are packing requirements. It can be a hassle. I found that on Amazon when you're searching for a product there's a box you can check on the search form to only return sellers who will ship to your country. I've never bought anything through E-Bay, so don't know about them. I don't see how shipping to Thailand would be "iffy." Payment is made through other channels. By the way, I recommend checking Lazada dot com first. They're located in Thailand so if they charge shipping at all it's much cheaper. They also usually have several different sellers offering the same items, so you get the advantage of price competition. Their English language search engine is great, too. I don't get a commission from them -- just have been able to buy some small stuff that I couldn't find locally and have had great results. I think there are now other on-line retailers in Thailand, so you might look around.

19 hours ago, hdkane said:

I had a friend who tried to sell on ebay, based in Thailand.  Nearly once a month, his account on ebay was frozen and needed to be verified with some documentation...all because other sellers on ebay who  were also based in Thailand were scamming people...Thailand is a scammers  paradise...so many places do not ship here...from my experience,, about 30% of venders do not ship here, and even sellers here are held to higher standards because of theft from venders who collect the money and never send mechandise...

I like Lazada's solution to the problem.  They take the payment and only release it to the vendor after delivery confirmation.  

2 weeks ago, they tried to deliver an item on an afternoon our office was closed for an outside meeting.  The delivery guy gave up after 1 try and the refund was back in my account in 3 or 4 days.  (I'd have rather gotten the goodies, but it was good data)

19 hours ago, peter267 said:

Ok  So bit lazy too ask google before - B2B  bookstores stock 4 models of Kindle in Thailand - yes more expensive not least because of duty & VAT .  But thats why at least Kindle would try and support their presumably sales agent - with an interest so see Thai language books in wide circulation.

Whilst falang not possibly want to read a Kindle in sun - the Thais will  love to - they don't because just not enough Kindles to read with yet for sure?  

Thais in general are not readers; definitely want to stay out of the sun.  Nothing to do with availability of Kindles.  The other day I actually saw a Thai reading...a book.  Not a smart phone or a comic.  I remarked to myself as to how unusual that is.

23 hours ago, mokwit said:

Never specify courier such as Fedex or DHL (the absolute worst) as delivery option as you will almost certainly be scammed for duty of 60-100%. The paperwork for this duty they show you is from their agent, NOT from Thai Customs. It is a scam.

But parcels under 50us$ are free of any importtax right?? Is DHL also not good for those?

I also have several packages from Mainland China never arriving me.

But in the tracking it says they are in Thailand so i guess it's the Thai couriers who won't deliver it ??

Also i noticed the Thai post never puts a note in the mailbox when you're not home, very bad service. Also the (very big) postoffice NEVER picks up the phone, their parkinglot is always totally full...very bad again.

Packages from Hongkonh always arrive though...China Mainland is a big problem.

From Europe also arrive but can be opened by thai customs.

13 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I also have several packages from Mainland China never arriving me.

But in the tracking it says they are in Thailand so i guess it's the Thai couriers who won't deliver it ??

I'm about 20 for 20 on packages I've ordered from AliExpress and Lazada from China to BKK.  That's not to say someone in a different area may not be losing packages left and right.  Just another data point to add to yours, not to disagree.

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm about 20 for 20 on packages I've ordered from AliExpress and Lazada from China to BKK.  That's not to say someone in a different area may not be losing packages left and right.  Just another data point to add to yours, not to disagree.

Guess it's like the Police in Thailand, big difference by district.

When i give the chinese vendors a bad review they are very annoyed and try to do anything to make me happy again. The sad thing is that the post is the problem, can be the Chinese (the cheapest one for them) or the Thai post, i still don't know. I'm not going to call them though, i want it delivered at my address or a note when i wasn't home...if not i claim a refund. Soon the chinese won't send to thailand at all i guess, that's what the Thai like i guess...less competition so they can extort their customers in the Thai shops.

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Guess it's like the Police in Thailand, big difference by district.

When i give the chinese vendors a bad review they are very annoyed and try to do anything to make me happy again. The sad thing is that the post is the problem, can be the Chinese (the cheapest one for them) or the Thai post, i still don't know. I'm not going to call them though, i want it delivered at my address or a note when i wasn't home...if not i claim a refund. Soon the chinese won't send to thailand at all i guess, that's what the Thai like i guess...less competition so they can extort their customers in the Thai shops.

Out of curiosity, where does their tracking system say the packages are stuck?  I had 2 shipments for over $500 each stuck in Thai customs for a week (1 FedEx and 1 DHL), but they eventually got released without further action on my part.  I just had to cough up about 17% for the delivery guy.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

But parcels under 50us$ are free of any importtax right?? Is DHL also not good for those?

They once tried to charge me 100% duty on a non dutiable item (a book), storage fees and "insurance" that was more than the cost of the item supposedly being insured.

At one time the one to use was UPS as they had negotiated their own customs clearance area and you paid an approximation of what the real duty was. I don't know if that still applies - have seen recent complaints of UPS being the same as others now.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Out of curiosity, where does their tracking system say the packages are stuck?  I had 2 shipments for over $500 each stuck in Thai customs for a week (1 FedEx and 1 DHL), but they eventually got released without further action on my part.  I just had to cough up about 17% for the delivery guy.

This is all the info: It's on a Thai name and costs 80 baht...

Estimated Delivery:3-7 days

Oct-16-16, 04:26 AM, End of the tracking

Arrived

Oct-14-16, 04:26 AM, THA

Shipped

Oct-12-16, 04:16 AM, Guangzhou

Exchanged; Flight#:CZ361

Oct-10-16, 04:04 AM, Guangzhou

Mutual development

Oct-08-16, 06:49 AM, Guangzhou Intl Post Centre,Guangzhou

Arrived

Oct-06-16, 18:44 PM, Guangzhou Intl Post Centre,Guangzhou

Postal processing center, acceptance

Oct-06-16, 18:31 PM, CN

Received

Oct-06-16, 06:27 AM, Guangzhou Intl Post Centre,Guangzhou

Item dispatched.

Oct-06-16, 01:20 AM, Flyt Express's sorting centre, Guangzhou

Item in transit

Oct-03-16, 17:18 PM, Flyt Express's sorting centre, Guangzhou

Item received

Oct-03-16, 16:18 PM, Flyt Express's sorting centre, Guangzhou

Customer's order information generated

Oct-03-16, 10:09 AM, Customer

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

They once tried to charge me 100% duty on a non dutiable item (a book), storage fees and "insurance" that was more than the cost of the item supposedly being insured.

At one time the one to use was UPS as they had negotiated their own customs clearance area and you paid an approximation of what the real duty was. I don't know if that still applies - have seen recent complaints of UPS being the same as others now.

You should call the Thai consumer protectionboard...If nobody complains nothing will ever change.

On 10/29/2016 at 9:33 AM, mokwit said:

Never specify courier such as Fedex or DHL (the absolute worst) as delivery option as you will almost certainly be scammed for duty of 60-100%. The paperwork for this duty they show you is from their agent, NOT from Thai Customs. It is a scam.

Ive shipped lots of thing with DHL, never been scammed 60-100% for duty.

I just got 3 parcels to Thailand refunded by the chinese vendors. They are angry i gave them a bad review but hey that's life.

I adviced them to not ship to Thailand anymore because i feel sorry for them, they did send it i believe but the Thai post made it disappear. I hope the Chinese tell the Thai to do their work but hey it's the same as telling the Thai to not drive against traffic, won't work.

I have given up on UPS DHL FedEx and the like.

I have never received anything sent to me by courier companies.

My address is not complex. There is a huge DHL distribution centre 2-3 kilometers away. Nothing ever arrives.

I am quite happy with Thailand Post, works all the time and rather speedy in my experience.

Sometimes the parcel(s) are delivered on the door. Sometimes I get a message about the parcel in my postbox.

14 hours ago, andrusius said:

Before I knew better I purchased something online i think from zappos. it arrived and they wanted 5000 baht for the duty.

You better use a Thai name for parcels. I did that for years on my wife's name at her office but since they all started doing it the big boss has told them to stop it.

The problem is when we  buy from ebay we don't know which courier will be used here in Thailand. Thailand post does NOT put a note in the mailbox when you're not hoome but at least the tracking works. They also don't pick up the phone and you can't park there because the taxi's took the parkinglot.

On 10/30/2016 at 7:10 AM, williet98248 said:

Thais in general are not readers; definitely want to stay out of the sun.  Nothing to do with availability of Kindles.  The other day I actually saw a Thai reading...a book.  Not a smart phone or a comic.  I remarked to myself as to how unusual that is.

hmmm apparently irony has to be added to things it is not possible to ship to Thailand either

Anyone bought anything online from www.cooodeal.com ? They have something in China that I need but wonder how they compare with aliexpress (who don't have what I want). They also have an EMS shipping option which is China Post express package service. I wonder if that will attract undue Thai Customs attention.

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Anyone bought anything online from www.cooodeal.com ? They have something in China that I need but wonder how they compare with aliexpress (who don't have what I want). They also have an EMS shipping option which is China Post express package service. I wonder if that will attract undue Thai Customs attention.

Normal China post is pretty fast to Thailand..i got a parcel (battery) shipped by boat which took less than 14 days.

Just order it on a Thai name and let them pack it simply, just a box with address and nothing else. Pay by paypal or creditcard so it's insured in case it gets lost.