Australian parents jailed for daughter's 15 years of abuse

webfact

Australian parents jailed for daughter's 15 years of abuse 

SYDNEY (AP) — An Australian husband and wife were sentenced to lengthy prison terms on Friday for sexually abusing, torturing and confining their daughter over 15 years.

The District Court in Sydney was told that the father used various sharp tools to rape and torture the girl who was left tied up in a shed or in a plastic box for up to three days at a time on the family's rural property in northern New South Wales.

The parents cannot be identified. The 59-year-old father, was sentenced to 48 years in prison. He will be eligible for parole after serving 36 years.

The mother, 51, was sentenced to 16 years in prison and must service at least 11 years.

The father began abusing the girl when she was 5 years old. He had also held the girl's head under water in a creek, wrapped her in barbed wire, forced her to eat hot chilies and threatened her with a chain saw.

The mother began teaching her daughter how to sexually arouse her father from the age of 8.

The father was convicted of 73 offenses and his wife of 13 offenses in June. They denied all charges.

Judge Sarah Huggett described the crimes as "atrocious in the extreme." She also described the father as "selfish, depraved and sadistic."

The victim, now aged 24, first complained about her parents in 2011, while she was a patient in a psychiatric hospital ward. Police arrested them in 2013.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-10-28

Not really good news coming from the land of the kangaroos these days. 

Sorry, but too many Aussies are making headlines. 

I hope that the girl will partly recover, I don't think that something like that can be completely forgotten. 

Started when she's five years old. i wanna throw up now. 

Your own flesh, insane. 

Edited by lostinisaan

These are seriously sick people. The "father" (quote marks deliberate) is unlikely to ever step foot in society again, but sadly the "mother" can be released after 11 years, which is a ridiculously light sentence for such a crime. If there is any real justice in this world, both will be forced to be in the general prison population and will suffer the same treatment they gave their child. Christ this is horrible.

3 hours ago, nottocus said:

Death penalty....ohh...sorry...I should say that the death penalty is inhumane and everyone deserves human rights.....to appease the liberals. LOL.

I'm a liberal and Green Party member, and I concur with death penalty in some cases.  In this case, I'd recommend torture for two months prior to death, for the man.

3 hours ago, nottocus said:

Death penalty....ohh...sorry...I should say that the death penalty is inhumane and everyone deserves human rights.....to appease the liberals. LOL.

That's to let them get of to easy.....

Hope they tell every one in the prison what they have done, then they will be treated accordingly :shock1:

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

No, they all deserve to be executed. To satiate the blood lust of troglodytes.

Death is too easy an out for them. They should be put in jail till they die. How could the judge allow her to be let out, ever?

I do not agree they should be put in the general population, as that would make society as bad as them. Solitary for the rest of their lives to think on what they did.

The judge eloquently describes the crimes as "atrocious in the extreme", "profoundly disturbing" and "depraved and sadistic" and then sentences one of the creatures to 16 years and possibly out in 11 years. What on earth (or in Australia) does one have to do to get a higher punishment, ... tax evasion?

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Death is too easy an out for them. They should be put in jail till they die. How could the judge allow her to be let out, ever?

I do not agree they should be put in the general population, as that would make society as bad as them. Solitary for the rest of their lives to think on what they did.

"Solitary for the rest of their lives to think on what they did."

Me thinks you & I must come from a different planet. These creatures carried out this depraved torture for 15, yes, that's fifteen years, and you think they'll somehow become remorseful while living in a comfy Aussie prison ????

On 10/28/2016 at 7:01 PM, ilostmypassword said:

No, they all deserve to be executed. To satiate the blood lust of troglodytes.

Yes, must be the victims fault. Evil people like this must have their human rights respected. Only they didn't respect their victim's rights in any way shape or form.

Sadly even the threat of the death penalty doesn't deter some from hideous crimes. So life in a nice prison ain't likely too.

On 10/28/2016 at 7:47 PM, boomerangutang said:

I'm a liberal and Green Party member, and I concur with death penalty in some cases.  In this case, I'd recommend torture for two months prior to death, for the man.

Slow flaying alive springs to mind. Or that nice oriental torture where they put'em in a barrel smeared with honey for the insects.

The judge eloquently describes the crimes as "atrocious in the extreme", "profoundly disturbing" and "depraved and sadistic" and then sentences one of the creatures to 16 years and possibly out in 11 years. What on earth (or in Australia) does one have to do to get a higher punishment, ... tax evasion?

And they won't even suffer. Ozzie prisons are like a 3 star resort

Over the next few years this low life will be transferred to different prisons

Soon all will be forgotten about his crime and he will no doubt have his own special bum boy to do as he pleases

The best option for this prisoner is to tattoo what his crime is on his fore head, the turn him into a eunuch

Let him keep his bits in a bag around his neck

Why is it that the sickest, most heinous crimes occur in places like AUS/US and other western countries.  

This is one of numerous incidents involving westerners holding people hostage and abusing them for years.  Let's not forget the prevalence of pedophilia in the west as well.

9 hours ago, nemrut said:

Why is it that the sickest, most heinous crimes occur in places like AUS/US and other western countries.  

This is one of numerous incidents involving westerners holding people hostage and abusing them for years.  Let's not forget the prevalence of pedophilia in the west as well.

No, what makes into the news is mostly from Western Countries.  Please note, that the parents were imprisoned.  In many countries, rape and honor killings are rife, the splashing of acid on to innocent young girls is a daily occurrence and brutality is a way of life.

Oh, and as far as justice goes, for some of these crimes there is none.   Unless you believe that jailing the victim is justice.     

Edited by Credo