PM Prayut accuses local politicians of colluding with millers to suppress rice price

webfact

9 hours ago, smedly said:

it would be interesting to see the very strong links between Rice Millers and politicians exposed, another one to look at is the fertiliser supply chain - a very crooked business from start to finish that exploits the farmers and the tax payers............time for some serious reforms

How hard is it to buy/bring fertilizer from abroad? They can bring rice from Cambodia by trucks but can't bring fertilizer???:whistling:

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Paying double the world market for a product

not to be picky, but if the 13000 figure is right, and if the current price is hovering around 6000, then ... 

Let's face it, with this set of clowns, it isn't really about the PTP rice scheme, is it?

1 hour ago, tbthailand said:

not to be picky, but if the 13000 figure is right, and if the current price is hovering around 6000, then ... 

Let's face it, with this set of clowns, it isn't really about the PTP rice scheme, is it?

Wasn't me that brought up PT's rice scheme.

just responded to post that did.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

and if I remember right, by saying that the PTP plan was idiotic, ... unstated:  difference to this plan not being idiotic. 

Regardless, there is a certain "irony" to be found in the current rice price support plan by the regime that is also trying to punish and imprison their political opponents for a previous rice price support plan...   my guess is that you see that as well. 

3 hours ago, tbthailand said:

and if I remember right, by saying that the PTP plan was idiotic, ... unstated:  difference to this plan not being idiotic. 

Regardless, there is a certain "irony" to be found in the current rice price support plan by the regime that is also trying to punish and imprison their political opponents for a previous rice price support plan...   my guess is that you see that as well. 

No. I said there is a difference between supporting farmers and PT's economic idiocy. 

Whether this new plan is idiotic or not remains to be seen. I haven't read it. 

Yet. 

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

It was me that brought up the PT rice scheeme.

And the junta leader saying that they will have to "help" the farmers even if it will cost the tax payers.

Then I said will the junta leader have be held finacially accountable for any loss to the government (tax payers)?

So 15,000 per tonn of rice is idiocy,  but 13,000 per tonn is not.

15,000 is grounds for holding YL finacially accountable, BUT 13,000 is acceptable?

It dosn't matter if you support this lot's subsidy or not, what matters is the double standard applied to one person while the junta can do the same thing and nothing to worry about...........!

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Paying double the world market for a product and guaranteeing that price for all, not having anywhere to store, thinking you could change the world price, not having the money to fund the scheme all count as idiocy to me.

Oh and yes, I never said I was in favour of subsidies or this govt's particular scheme. 

I just find it hard to believe anything as moronic as PT's scheme could be conceived...

........and then copied.

Wonder which individuals will be held responsible for any losses incurred from this scheme? 

As clearly if the previous government and individuals thereof are to be held fiscally responsible; as highlighted by YL current trial,  then so should the members of the current government. 

21 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

And the junta leader saying that they will have to "help" the farmers even if it will cost the tax payers.

Then I said will the junta leader have be held finacially accountable for any loss to the government (tax payers)?

15,000 is grounds for holding YL finacially accountable, BUT 13,000 is acceptable?

It dosn't matter if you support this lot's subsidy or not, what matters is the double standard applied to one person while the junta can do the same thing and nothing to worry about...........!

I never said that, I just pointed out that subsidies and PT's idiotic rice scheme are not the same.

If the subsidy turns out to be as moronic as PT's debacle I will say so.

Just now, aussieinthailand said:

I don't think the previous PM is being held responsible for the amount of money, but with what happened with it (or didn't). The PT rice scam was based on a black hole in which billions and billions of Bahts disappeared. Get your facts right.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I never said that, I just pointed out that subsidies and PT's idiotic rice scheme are not the same.

If the subsidy turns out to be as moronic as PT's debacle I will say so.

I didn't say you did say anything.... I asked you/forum members a question.

Please define "as moronic".  

If 15,000 per tonn of rice is moronic, and YL must be held finacially accountable. Then is 13,000 ok? no problem?  or 14,000 or 14.500?

just when is it moronic and finacilly accountability requiared?   Or is not the amount that is the problem but the person? 

This scheme seems a lot less well thought out - changing price, where to store it - than the previous schemes, of which there have been many, for all sorts of agricultural products? ANd it will be approved by the NLA in a vote of 238-0.

Maybe better to just create a welfare system?

1 minute ago, aussieinthailand said:

I didn't say you did say anything.... I asked you/forum members a question.

Please define "as moronic".  

If 15,000 per tonn of rice is moronic, and YL must be held finacially accountable. Then is 13,000 ok? no problem?  or 14,000 or 14.500?

just when is it moronic and finacilly accountability requiared?   Or is not the amount that is the problem but the person? 

Moronic:

Guaranteeing a price twice that of world price.

Claiming that could then manipulate world prices.

Not having anywhere to store all the rice until this fairy tale came true.

Consequently allowing a lot of it to rot.

Trying to cover this fact up.

Pretending deals were being done to sell the rice in govt to govt deals that never existed.

Not doing anything to stop corruption.

Carrying on with the scheme when it had clearly catastrophically failed and there was no money to fund it because they needed the votes to keep in power long enough to allow  the fugitive criminal [and many others] to be amnestied for all their crimes.

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Moronic:

Pretending deals were being done to sell the rice in govt to govt deals that never existed.

Carrying on with the scheme when it had clearly catastrophically failed and there was no money to fund it because they needed the votes to keep in power long enough to allow  the fugitive criminal [and many others] to be amnestied for all their crimes.

Aren't Amnesties now official Junta policy?

Just now, sharecropper said:

Aren't Amnesties now official Junta policy?

May well be, but they are just as wrong to pursue them as PT was.

35 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

I agree, throwing a number such as 13,000 up without proof why it should be that number is no different than 15,000.

Looks the DEMS version of the Rice Scheme makes the most sense and most sustainable....

On 11/1/2016 at 6:57 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

Another worrying aspect is what history tells us can happen when people in his position starting thinking everyone is against them, plotting etc.

Sorry if off topic, but  God help us all if Donald gets the nuclear codes.

15 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

I don't think the previous PM is being held responsible for the amount of money, but with what happened with it (or didn't). The PT rice scam was based on a black hole in which billions and billions of Bahts disappeared. Get your facts right.

My fact's are rigt mate. 

YL is being held accountable for the losses due to the rice policy of 15,000 Baht per tonn.

The junta is now implimenting a rice policy of 13,000 Baht per tonn. 

What not a shin or PTP so it's all good...? 

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Moronic:

Many of your comment's are true, but there may be a 1 or 2 that are not.

You didn't answer the question but rather rant instead, ok cool.

So the PM is doing his famous 2 step, It's not my fault, it's them over there.  So is the PM going after these "local politicians and millers"?   has the PM evidence of this allergation?  He has made the claim, so now arrst them charge them. But I tyhink that won't happen untill there need's a head or two to roll....

I can not understand why people think it is justfied to go after YL for her rice ploicy and held accountable for loss to government (people's) money.    But this junta is not accountable.

14 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Prayut would have difficulty changing a lightbulb.   

Not just him. I'm continually trying to get it across that it doesn't take one holding the ladder, one up top and another helping spin it around just to screw in a bulb.

30 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

My fact's are rigt mate. 

YL is being held accountable for the losses due to the rice policy of 15,000 Baht per tonn.

The junta is now implimenting a rice policy of 13,000 Baht per tonn. 

What not a shin or PTP so it's all good...? 

Many of your comment's are true, but there may be a 1 or 2 that are not.

You didn't answer the question but rather rant instead, ok cool.

So the PM is doing his famous 2 step, It's not my fault, it's them over there.  So is the PM going after these "local politicians and millers"?   has the PM evidence of this allergation?  He has made the claim, so now arrst them charge them. But I tyhink that won't happen untill there need's a head or two to roll....

I can not understand why people think it is justfied to go after YL for her rice ploicy and held accountable for loss to government (people's) money.    But this junta is not accountable.

I answered your question. There was no rant, just a list of reasons why I thought it moronic.

If you didn't want to know my reasons why ask the question?

I never said the junta should not be held responsible.

As I have said I have not seen or read the current govt's plans for a subsidy.

How am I supposed to comment on something I have not seen the details of?

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

100% correct

There are some on here that spout off at just about anything when it involves the current government regardless right or wrong, there are also sensible people that can actually think and only offer critical commentary when it is deserved

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Moronic:

and that is just the tip of the iceburg, PTP rice scheme was absolutely rotten to the core in so many ways it would take decades to investigate and expose it all - from politicians - various government departments - government agencies - rice millers - fertiliser supply chain etc - it even spreads to corruption in other countries - Yingluc/Thaksin were at the top of a very large corruption network that involved hundreds of people and hundreds of billions of baht and it wasn't only Thais involved    

Edited by smedly

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No. I said there is a difference between supporting farmers and PT's economic idiocy. 

Whether this new plan is idiotic or not remains to be seen. I haven't read it. 

Yet. 

Sure, I understand.

And I said that it isn't really about rice policies...