Prominent British rights activist Andy Hall, fearing for safety, leaves Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, Artben said:

Considered yes, but how many will actually leave? Talk is cheap 

Only the ones who have no money. This is a great place to work and live.

No one here cares about what this guy was fighting for. If they did, they would have joined him and continued.

He is gone, and everyone else is afraid to join his cause. Talk is cheap, right ?

I am also the same. Only some strong Thai person can fight for these people. Not a Foreigner.

Let us all continue to enjoy are lives here.

He tried his best...... but

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When you are fighting an unwinnable battle,even when your cause is just,

and you are in the right,better to move on,and continue the fight from a

place of safety,the alternative is to spend years in a Thai jail,for what ! 

speaking the truth.

regards worgeordie

True!

So farewell to the mon, Salute you, keep on the good work spitting in their disgusting soup!

Dropping the hammer on those pots of shit works from safe distance too, nothing wrong with that at all ...

7 hours ago, jabis said:

I'm quite sad to say I was expecting this reading his latest endeavours. Another one muzzled.

I think far from being muzzled, the last thing the Thai goon squad wanted was for him to get out of Thailand where...

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

No doubt he will write/publish more in the future. He'll just be doing it from a place where he won't get thrown in jail for speaking the truth.

...and that's great news for everyone except the junta and their morally and intellectually retarded followers.

And talking of morally and intellectually retarded junta followers:

4 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

According to the likes of maxman71 and Deepinthailand - trying to help the thousands of foreigners who get treated like s#it in Thailand is a bad thing.

These 'accept-the-everyday-misery-inflicted-upon-the-less-fortunate-because-you-can't-change-it-and-anyway-it-doesn't-affect-me' folks really get on my goat. They're the same folks that bemoan those of us who rail against the wholly ineffectual police force overseeing one of the highest road told in the world because, hey, we can't change it and it doesn't affect us so no point discussing it on a discussion forum... Selfish <deleted> if you ask me.

Unbelievable these horrible, foolish people can live with themselves knowing their 'Thailand lifestyle' is based on abusing other human beings. Mr You-Can't-Change-Them, who enjoys the fruits of human suffering. However, openly supporting a system of human rights abuse is beyond their perception because, as I said, they are morally and/or intellectually retarded.

1 hour ago, Goingmad said:

He will go work for Green Peace. Try to save the Whales or Cod Fish;  as they don't carry guns. Now nothing to be afraid.

Green Peace will pay him. And not care about Asian people anymore. Be careful of the sharks; they can bite you in the butt.

A stupid post that is entirely content-free beyond mindless character assassination.

I can just as easily say you will "go work" for the junta to snitch on fellow foreigners... based on the evidence of... we don't like your opinions. See how stupid your post is? Almost certainly not, I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Goingmad said:

This is a great place to work and live.

Nobody recommends working in Thailand. Holidaying once upon a time, yes, but Thailand was never a "great" place to work. This is yet another example of your content-free nonsense posts.

It's going to be fun seeing if you are capable of a realistic thought.

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

When you read about this sort of news item, and see the report and video in this currrent TV series of news items about the TV "pesonality" &lt;deleted&gt; beating up on a m/cycle rider who refuses to defend himself because he's aware of his assailant's hi-so status in the media, the calamities visited upon rice farmers etc,  it suggests a very unhealthy environment of privilege has been allowed to develop throughout the nation. I can't help wondering how long the lid can be kept on the growing resentment between the privileged and the poor when abuse becomes so casual and open.  There are stark, uncrossable lines appearing to divide society even more sharply in recent months. I don't think I'd like to be around when the bloodletting starts; it might be completely uncontrollable. Do the elite really believe the submissive tolerance will continue despite any provocation?

Now that CCTV and social media is spreading the word it is only a matter of time.

Sorry to say, but I cant help but think the whole exercise was pointless. All is achieved is disrupting peoples lives.

If any of these supposed abused workers lose their jobs they will end up despising people like Andy, , after all, they chose the job in the first.

If a cheap product is taken off the shelf, many consumers will also despise his cause.

Consumers want cheap stuff..and dont ask questions

This kind of reminds me of old story.. when a guy beating up on his lady, the hero think he must comes to save the day.. only then the guys lady bashes up the hero.lol

Or the one who save young girls from a bar..only she go back there the next day because the money is good and she have no better offer.

So was it worth it Andy?

What you achieve? 

Business as usual for the rich guy.

Now it is you that have a life looking over your shoulder and   thinking how you could have much easier and carefree life in Thailand if i only did mind my own business.

the only authority that can hold your passport is the courts.

Legally, you're probably correct.  In 'real life', the police can and do hold passports.  You can't really argue with them can you?

In any case, I commented that you do not need to have your passport held by the police or the courts to be barred from leaving the country.  Present your passport at Swampy immigration and if your name is on that computer list, then you are going nowhere, whether you are innocent or guilty as hell.  (I know from bitter experience).

8 hours ago, greenchair said:

Pleased to hear he is safe and not going to be another dead foreigner. 

I was expecting to pick up the paper, with him as front page dead news any day.

Good luck andy hall. 

I am sure there are plenty of Burmese migrant workers around to blame.

13 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Your reward for doing a good deed in Thailand is having to run for your life.  Hope they do not follow him to where ever he ends up.

What good deed would that be then.?????.  Let's not forget it's his assumption he is in danger has he mentioned real threat or percived threats.

Edited by Deepinthailand

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

What good deed would that be then.?????.  Let's not forget it's his assumption he is in danger has he mentioned real threat or percived threats.

Want to change places with him, how about you make some very pointed and legitimate complaint about the company involved  and see how you fair long term.

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

Although my own situation is absolutely insignificant when compared to that of Andy, (and the previous Andrew), it was corruption and the lack of rule-of-law that also caused me recently to leave Thailand after 15 years, fearing for my own safety and a 'fake' criminal charge.

Like Andy, some years ago, I was also subject to a criminal charge, which means that you are unable too leave the country, nor work, until the case against you has been fully resolved.  That can (and did in my case) take years and a fair amount of money to resolve.

It is much easier to fight your corner whilst outside Thailand.  As for me, when flying international out from Myanmar, I now chose routes that avoid changing in Bangkok.

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, performance said:

I will never run from these people. There not tuff enough

Ok hero we hear you but bear in mind you're  dead for a long time, plus they don't have to be tough,  just pissed-off enough to have to terminated.

I never truly understands the mentality of those so called activists, social justice warriors or the best correct term "foreign spies", we are living one of the worst era of dictatorship, police state and elites control in the west with "rigged elections with one single candidate and total media bias",  most European nations are on the verge of bloody civil war, so my advice they would be better off putting their own house in order rather then indulging their noses inside the affairs of other sovereign nations. Dear Andy Hall it would be nice if you can dedicate some of your activism efforts to help us western expats bring our legal foreign brides instead of the hordes of illegal aliens flooding our nations or ask your government to suspend weapon deliveries to terrorists in Syria.

Edited by marcofunny

Posts commenting on moderation of this forum have been removed. 

Posts containing derogatory slurs have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.