Trump wins White House in astonishing victory

webfact

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

The negative image of Trump was manufactured by the Clinton machine - a fact obvious to the simplest of minds - yet it alluded most college educated Democrats.

The power of indoctrination to override intellect never ceases to amaze me.

A lot of Trump's "negative image" stems from things he actually said and done.

Just now, hyku1147 said:

The negative image of Trump was manufactured by the Clinton machine - a fact obvious to the simplest of minds - yet it alluded most college educated Democrats.

The power of indoctrination to override intellect never ceases to amaze me.

No - the negative image of Trump is a result of his own actions/speeches and history.

Just found out that while Trump won, the election isn't over. Still states to declare, so Trump will have an even larger vote than at present. He wiped her out big time. Must really be a lot of angry white men out there 555555555555555555555.

Were the NY Times editors crying when they published the result?

OMG The BBC just had a woman on asking if HRC lost BECAUSE she is a WOMAN. Are these people so stupid that they don't realize that statements like that from the Clinton camp are part of the reason why ordinary people turned against HRC?

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A majority of American voters don't care what he said. They hate HRC so much they will overlook anything unpleasant he says.

Wonder how long that will hold now that he's in office.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just found out that while Trump won, the election isn't over. Still states to declare, so Trump will have an even larger vote than at present. He wiped her out big time. Must really be a lot of angry white men out there 555555555555555555555.

Were the NY Times editors crying when they published the result?

OMG The BBC just had a woman on asking if HRC lost BECAUSE she is a WOMAN. Are these people so stupid that they don't realize that statements like that from the Clinton camp are part of the reason why ordinary people turned against HRC?

Yes, it will be so interesting reading the Times, Beeb, the Guardian, MSNBC, and other stalwarts of the lame-stream media and how they pontificate on the election and seek to explain how wrong they were and rationalize their own irrelevance.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A majority of American voters don't care what he said. They hate HRC so much they will overlook anything unpleasant he says.

If that's true, then USA certainly deserve Trump as the president. 

Ignore all logic and push forward with anger. 

Not the best environment to live. 

It appears Hillary should have paid greater attention to her massive gender and racial gaps...you remember, the same one's the lame-stream media were carping on Trump about  :w00t:

PS: I gave her this advice months ago but was labeled a "fascist, racist, or sexist" for my troubles by many here on the Forum.

Don't worry about Trump's lack of political experience. He will be surrounded by professional politicians, and Pence is a very good and calm person.

The Mexicans should worry. They are facing the return of many US industries to the US and the big factories they are building will be empty.

International leaders have started to send congratulations.

22 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Somewhat akin to the pre-Brexit sentiment. Perhaps several other upcoming political campaigns in Europe as well. On the flip side, this anger was ignored and marginalized by the same people surprised that they lost. Go figure.

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

Wonder how long that will hold now that he's in office.

Trump is capable of being a gracious host. If people paid attention they would know that. He IS a deal maker and that is the most important part of being president. Obama failed to realise that and got nothing done because he wouldn't make deals across the aisle.

President Trump will be a different person to the political bruiser on the campaign trail. If he can't make the transition he will be out in 4 years ( hehe, remember the theory he didn't want to become president? ).

He has been friends with many politicians in congress- he has probably given most of them money in the past. HRC came to his daughter's wedding.

For anyone who knows my posts on Trump for the past 16 months, re; my predictions of him losing, I'll be the first to say, I was wrong.   I was wrong in my assuredness that he would lose.  However, I won't say I was wrong about assessing his flawed character or how disastrous his reign will be.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump is capable of being a gracious host. If people paid attention they would know that. He IS a deal maker and that is the most important part of being president. Obama failed to realise that and got nothing done because he wouldn't make deals across the aisle.

President Trump will be a different person to the political bruiser on the campaign trail. If he can't make the transition he will be out in 4 years ( hehe, remember the theory he didn't want to become president? ).

He has been friends with many politicians in congress- he has probably given most of them money in the past. HRC came to his daughter's wedding.

No you've got it all wrong TBL...he's a racist sexist homophobic anti-semite despite the fact he's lived his entire life in cosmopolitan NYC, has been associated with industries well know to be open to gays and other gender non-conformists, has consistently promoted women in all his business, and has a daughter and grandchildren who are of the Jewish faith.

And to top it all off...he's also a fascist. (Well at least that's what our resident foodie spent 6 months telling us.)

16 minutes ago, oilinki said:

The depressing part is that they felt they had no option other than to "push forward with anger".

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think anyone, not even Trump, knows what his presidency will be like. Things such as "gracious host", "deal maker" and "different person" are hot air. Trump is gracious as long as he's on top, not when he doesn't get his way. Claims regarding his business acumen are routinely challenged, and with credible support. Assuming he can make the transition is another projection - my question was more to do with what happens if he can't? (which seems somewhat more likely).

With Republicans controlling both houses, what deals across the aisle are on the table? Serious question.

Politicians being thick with each other off camera is nothing new. If the US had a system requiring the formation of a coalition government things would have looked even more ridiculous post-elections.

Archived