Trump wins White House in astonishing victory

webfact

2 minutes ago, Usernames said:

No doom and gloom. Jubilation!

From you post: "It was now or never. Had the establishment won this time, the nation would have been brought under their heel for eternity."

Yeah...no doom and gloom, no hyperbole. Carry on.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Morch said:

From you post: "It was now or never. Had the establishment won this time, the nation would have been brought under their heel for eternity."

Yeah...no doom and gloom, no hyperbole. Carry on.

We intend to, thank you. Our movement marches on. 

24 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

How do so many non-Americans know what it is like to live in the USA? Let me guess: They formulated their opinions by watching their national news networks. How can we even dare to challenge these pillars of wisdom?

Hell...The US media has no clue...or concern...about what life in the US looks like at street level.  They create this theoretical world where whites get up every morning trying to figure out how to oppress minorities.

The people I know are just trying to live their lives and provide their family more opportunity

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But as far as I can tell, we've just elected a guy as president who:

--appears to have absolutely no moral compass.

--is totally narcissistic and self-absorbed.

--has a pretty credible history of being misogynistic

--has no prior military or political experience, but does have a pretty sordid business background.

--wants to be buddies with a dictator who is a clear enemy of the U.S. and Europe, human rights, etc.

--appears to regard the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights as minor inconveniences to be disregarded.

etc etc etc....

Name the last president you think had a real moral compass?

surely not the last one with his Tuesday Drone hit list with all it's collateral damages

surely not "we know they have WMD's" Bush

surely not that lying wench who almost had the population snow blind?

self absorbed? Did anyone ever promise more hope & change then spend 8 years golfing? Jeez after his first year of golf he liked it so much he spent the next three trying to get elected to his second term. Also remember his qualifications?

We could go on but really at the end of the day the list will not matter as folks think previous useless pieces of meat that sat in that office had all the qualities that would make a great president.........none did

So whose to say? Perhaps the one you think has no redeeming qualifications will end up having them all thru a true desire to be a real peoples president

7 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I didn't care about America being great/not great. I genuinely believed it was good. But the good have been shouted down. With votes. (But also, actual shouting).

Trump was right. The election is rigged. Rigged with stupid, hateful oafs.

I was wrong. I assumed the majority of Americans are decent folk and would not vote for a gropey, petty, vindictive narcissist who preyed on bigotry, fear and hate.

Sad face.

I leave you with wise words from Tolkien:

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Let us begin our march to Mordor!

Good luck to us all, we're going to need it.

T

Americans are just like anyone else.  Afraid of foreigners taking over their country and carpetbaggers selling their jobs to other countries. 

They are upset at dual standards for insiders (Hillary email) and the rest of us.  Americans don't want their boys killed defending Syria or Iraq or Afghanistan (America is a net oil exporter). 

Americans don't like paying for Mexico's poor when the Mexicans take American auto jobs. 

You bought the liberal cool aid but don't drink it yet.  Wait and see what he does. 

I think we've been a little remiss in not yet acknowledging the heroic work of Julian Asange and the Wikileaks Foundation in exposing the corrupt and venal inner-workings of the Clinton campaign and the illegal pay-to-play schemes and the selling of of influence at the heart of the Clinton Foundation through their exposure of the amoral John Podesta's emails.

So a big thank you Mr. Assange for helping the campaign to save the Republic from the the talons of this evil woman.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Wow! Brexit now this. I think I'm glad I'm in Thailand so I can sit it out. Good job I'm not a gambling man, I'd have lost a fortune. Will be very interesting to see where all this leads. As everyone says - volatility;  all bets off; anything can happen.

5 minutes ago, mania said:

Name the last president you think had a real moral compass?

surely not the last one with his Tuesday Drone hit list with all it's collateral damages

surely not "we know they have WMD's" Bush

surely not that lying wench who almost had the population snow blind?

self absorbed? Did anyone ever promise more hope & change then spend 8 years golfing? Jeez after his first year of golf he liked it so much he spent the next three trying to get elected to his second term. Also remember his qualifications?

We could go on but really at the end of the day the list will not matter as folks think previous useless pieces of meat that sat in that office had all the qualities that would make a great president.........none did

So whose to say? Perhaps the one you think has no redeeming qualifications will end up having them all thru a true desire to be a real peoples president

Very well said mania!!!....give the guy a chance.

So tomorrow is donalds first day in office.....he better start telling fibs quickly as obama has a big lead on him:smile:

1 minute ago, Nasrullah said:

So tomorrow is donalds first day in office.....he better start telling fibs quickly as obama has a big lead on him:smile:

Er, no, tomorrow is not Donald's first day in office ....

4 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I think we've been a little remiss in not yet acknowledging the heroic work of Julian Asange and the Wikileaks Foundation in exposing the corrupt and venal inner-workings of the Clinton campaign and the illegal pay-to-play schemes and the selling of of influence at the heart of the Clinton Foundation through their exposure of the amoral John Podesta's emails.

So a big thank you Mr. Assange for saving the Republic from the the talons of this evil woman.

ah yes i forgot!..does this mean Mr assange may finally be able to step outside without fear of persecution?

Lots of American people are just like Donald Trump. They don't have a problem being hateful and abusive to get what they want and they don't give a darn about those they look down on or have power over. Hillary turned out to be like this too. In the end, she was unwilling to be honest and became abusive in her position but she wasn't different than Trump. The people just picked a different hiso thug. I wonder if people who like Trump would be proud to have their kids turn out just like him even of means all his divorces, bankruptcies, apathy towards workers and the poor, his hate and thuggary, the endless lies and arrogance and all? We want to blame Trump but it's not Trump; it's Americans today.  People don't really care about anyone but themselves.

6 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

So a big thank you Mr. Assange for saving the Republic from the the talons of this evil woman.

And don't forget how Wikileaks lifted the rock up and exposed the explicit collusion and conspiracy b/w the Big Media and the establishment of both parties, but especially with the Democrats.

2 minutes ago, 3FingeredWillie said:

Lots of American people are just like Donald Trump. They don't have a problem being hateful and abusive to get what they want and they don't give a darn about those they look down on or have power over. Hillary turned out to be like this too. In the end, she was unwilling to be honest and became abusive in her position but she wasn't different than Trump. The people just picked a different hiso thug. I wonder if people who like Trump would be proud to have their kids turn out just like him even of means all his divorces, bankruptcies, apathy towards workers and the poor, his hate and thuggary, the endless lies and arrogance and all? We want to blame Trump but it's not Trump; it's Americans today.  People don't really care about anyone but themselves.

Blah, blah, blah...nobody's listening to your Clinton talking points anymore (and before apparently).

3 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

555  well it will be awhile yet before he moves in.......but yes instead of promised hope and change that never came.....I  think we can be pretty sure this will be a change & gawd knows we need to turn this war ship around & get back to caring for our own.

Economically the can could be kicked no further down the road.

I didn't really have any strong feelings about who won before the election. I liked something both of these people offered. Whoever won the future would have problems in my view. The right wingers stop everything the dems do but the dems have never stopped the right wing governments. Now the right winger Republicans (who caused the Iraq war )will be back and in total control as they were when they added trillions to the debt. It will be interesting to see if they can improve the economy with their love for war and doing it while keeping the people happy and protecting the environment. This could be a mega mess. Every program they kill they will lose votes. Will they only help the military industrial complex or will they cut that wealth-sucking machine too? Doubtful.

6 hours ago, Mook23 said:

People get the politicians they deserve. 

Did you even think about this before you posted?

Over half the people (currently 100k more out of nearly 120 million) voted for Clinton. Either way, in most democratic elections approximately half the country DON'T get the politicians they want.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Did you even think about this before you posted?

Over half the people (currently 100k more out of nearly 120 million) voted for Clinton. Either way, in most democratic elections approximately half the country DON'T get the politicians they want.

At the same time a lot of people don't vote with determination. They just pick the lesser evil. They really wanted BERNIE!

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

One of the best takeaways from Trumps historic win over Crooked Hillary:

"Senate control means Trump will have great leeway in appointing Supreme Court justices, which could mean a major change to the right that would last for decades"

Just an other example why the US is a failed democracy. Courts, especially the supreme court should be a shining beacon of objective unbiased fair rulings. It's simply entirely insane that judges are appointed via some political (or any other) bias, these judges should be as close as unbiased as humanly possible!

Nevermind what hypocrits the Republicans are by having refused letting Obama appoint the Judge while in the past if it was in their favour they did not want to wait with such an appointment untill after upcomming elections.

The US truely is a failed democracy. People being forced to vote between a turd sandwhich and a steaming pile of sh*t in these elections. Other parties having no real influence, basically absense of a true liberal party/runner (Johnson) , Greens/Social-Dems (Stein). Only having two parties that have any real power or influence is entirely messed up!

As is the whole voting system, the outdated with constituents deciding who will be president, the winner takes all principle, the way election results are influenced by the way voting regions are set up, the sillyness around registrating to vote and so on.

The system is a mess. And I am not exactly pleased with republicans basically controlling every position of power now (white house, congress, senat, supreme court). Not that I am a fan of most democrats either though, both republicans and democrats are too right winged for me.

So congrats to Trump. The US would have ended up with a shitty president regardless of who won.

11 minutes ago, 3FingeredWillie said:

Lots of American people are just like Donald Trump. They don't have a problem being hateful and abusive  We want to blame Trump but it's not Trump; it's Americans today.  People don't really care about anyone but themselves.

Yet who is first to give and give the most when crisis occurs in this world?

3 minutes ago, 3FingeredWillie said:

At the same time a lot of people don't vote with determination. They just pick the lesser evil. They really wanted BERNIE!

Which validates my comment even more... way over half the population don't get the politician they want. It's hard to get what you want with only 2 viable candidates. Shall we say about 30% get who they want?

I'm at an event in Europe, including about 50 US participants. As far as I can determine , every last one of them a Hillary supporter. Hardly any of them stayed up late to watch the count unfold, reflecting a lack of passion for the candidate. However by breakfast time, when the result was clear, they carried on as though the world is going to end. Not even a well-intentioned passing around of my squeeze tube of Vegemite for their toast could cheer them up.