Trump wins White House in astonishing victory

webfact

Having the first woman President is a nice goal but do those proponents want that historic 1st figure to also be one of the most corrupt, dishonest and likely criminal candidates ever to assume the office?   Trump might ultimately damage the hopes of future candidates who aren't career politicians but she would have tainted the hopes of good, qualified woman candidates for a long time.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Having the first woman President is a nice goal but do those proponents want that historic 1st figure to also be one of the most corrupt, dishonest and likely criminal candidates ever to assume the office?   Trump might ultimately damage the hopes of future candidates who aren't career politicians but she would have tainted the hopes of good, qualified woman candidates for a long time.

Many women I heard expressed the sentiment that sure, they would like to see a woman president some day...just not THIS WOMAN president. It always made sense to me.

5 minutes ago, NovaBlue05 said:

Thatcher didn't damage the hopes of "good, qualified woman candidates", so I doubt Hillary will either.

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Steady on Buba - the UK managed to survive after Britex,

America will be made Greater with the addition of President Trump!

Look at what right wing governor Brownback did in Kansas - by implementing a Republican-style economic plan.  He drove Kansas to near-bankruptcy and social services were nearly starved out of existence. 

quote from an L.A. Times article in 2014:  "....job growth in Kansas trails the nation. The state's rainy-day fund is dwindling to zero. Month after month, revenue comes in even lower than fiscal officials' most dire expectations.  The impact on overall state revenue has been devastating. ....the state ended fiscal 2014 with a shortfall of $338 million. "

Boomer adds:  Expand a Kansas-type economic plan to 50 states, and you get an idea of the fiscal tsunami Trump will be laying on the US.  

Moody's Analytics estimates: "Tax cuts without corresponding cuts in government spending would increase the federal budget deficit, which is about $600 billion this year, by roughly $1 trillion per year. "

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Like I said, a SHOCK to the world of historic proportions. I think this event will have more negative consequences than 9-11

Your sensationalist drama has no limits nor shame.......

You would equate your fellow Americans choosing who they want to lead their country.......with the deaths of 3000? Of your fellow Americans....Really...?..

You Hillary zealots know no limit

Edited by mania
Error 3000 not 5000

Just now, mania said:

Your sensationalist drama has no limits nor shame.......

You would equate your fellow Americans choosing who they want to lead their country.......with the deaths of 5000? Of your fellow Americans....Really...?..

You Hillary zealots know no limit

They are having a mental breakdown. They're ready to be committed. Someone needs to get them off the streets before they throw themselves in front of a truck.

It's interesting to note that Trump won the election with a paid staff of about 150 people, whereas the Clinton campaign had over 800 at last count...seems to me a typical example of Democratic big-think (in this case private) government programs that employ allot of people and cost allot of money but accomplish nothing.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't care only about my personal civil rights. I don't want to see women dying in coat hanger abortions again.

Oh Lordy.....more? Check your meds if you actually believe your rhetoric

Trump coming in hasn't hit me fully yet. I did like some of his ideas and also some of Hillary's. Both of them were less than desirable candidates. With Trump making so many statements during his run up to power, now he will only lose rep if he doesn't or can't make them happen. He isn't all powerful. I don't think the hypocrisy of him or his supporters is done. They were screaming about Obama exploiting his position and being like a dictator. Will they now ignore Trump if he does the same? Finally, I wonder what Obama will do in his last months with Trump coming in. Letting prisoners go is one thing Trump can't undo.

Thaibeachlovers says about Trump; "He is the deal maker."

Uh huh,  he's got 4,000 legal cases to attend to (which he will continue to avoid forever) which accuse him of breaking deals to contractors he promised to pay, but didn't.  He broke deals with at least two former wives ('.....'til death do us part').  He met with the Mexican prez in the afternoon, and that evening shouted from a stage; a completely different deal than that which he spoke with Nieto about.  

All foreign leaders will look at those sorts of reversals in Trump's history, and they won't want to make any deals with him.  "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me"   Nieto and other world leaders don't want to be fooled over and over.   If a foreign leader doesn't want to make a deal, they can simply not meet or walk away.  Then what's Trump going to do when he's dejected and angry?  Bomb them?   Probably.  He famously shouted, "bomb the hell out of them" in another situation.  We thought GW Bush was a war monger .....just wait until hot-head Trump gets his fingers on the buttons.

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

Uh huh,  he's got 4,000 legal cases to attend to (which he will continue to avoid forever) which accuse him of breaking deals to contractors he promised to pay, but didn't.  He broke deals with at least two former wives ('.....'til death do us part').  He met with the Mexican prez in the afternoon, and that evening shouted from a stage; a completely different deal than that which he spoke with Nieto about.  

All foreign leaders will look at those sorts of reversals in Trump's history, and they won't want to make any deals with him.  "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me"   Nieto and other world leaders don't want to be fooled over and over.   If a foreign leader doesn't want to make a deal, they can simply not meet or walk away.  Then what's Trump going to do when he's dejected and angry?  Bomb them?   Probably.  He famously shouted, "bomb the hell out of them" in another situation.  We thought GW Bush was a war monger .....just wait until hot-head Trump gets his fingers on the buttons.

Hyperbole. Hysteria. 

5 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

You do realize you have zero cred after today and that nobody is reading your posts right?

Trump coming in hasn't hit me fully yet. I did like some of his ideas and also some of Hillary's. Both of them were less than desirable candidates. With Trump making so many statements during his run up to power, now he will only lose rep if he doesn't or can't make them happen. He isn't all powerful. I don't think the hypocrisy of him or his supporters is done. They were screaming about Obama exploiting his position and being like a dictator. Will they now ignore Trump if he does the same? Finally, I wonder what Obama will do in his last months with Trump coming in. Letting prisoners go is one thing Trump can't undo.
He'll be able to kill Obamacare almost instantly. He controls congress.

1 minute ago, boomerangutang said:

We're all hoping that Trump isn't desperately looking for a new war (to boost his popularity) in the same way as other politicians have made popular...

I'm pessimistic about Trump, but hoping (how depressing is that!) that he will turn into the typical politician.