Trump bucks protocol on press access

webfact

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

Glad to say I am not American. I have been to the states a few times, my impression is that most Americans are paranoid. The fact that you would be embarrassed over Trump shows that paranoia. You say it is personal to you. How is it personal to you. Does it stop you living your life, will it make you poorer because of his policies. Or is it that you really have swallowed the fear?  

I'm not going to get that personal on this thread but trust me, the impact which is already fully known is going to happen quickly, impacts my life radically. 

Paranoia is fear of something that isn't going to happen. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about already definite stuff. 

Edited by Jingthing

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This is not a normal change of presidents by any stretch of the imagination. 

how is it not the same, America has elected as president, an senile Actor, a draft dodging texan who couldn't string a sentence together, and a African American who strutted around like most African americans thinking he was so great only to be totally ineffective politically for the last eight years. You need to get your head out of where the sun don't shine.

If it is unlike any other presidency, then maybe you should ask yourself how is it a political system can allow this situation to happen in the first place. Bush the younger, and Obama were both unqualified politically, certainly on a global level. For decades the Presidency has been bought, it being more about the amount of money being raised than about policy.

All that has happened now is that an individual who didn't need a party apparatus bought the Presidency for himself.  IMO  

And that before you get around to special interest groups like armaments! 

Edited by CharlieK

4 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

Glad to say I am not American. I have been to the states a few times, my impression is that most Americans are paranoid. The fact that you would be embarrassed over Trump shows that paranoia. You say it is personal to you. How is it personal to you. Does it stop you living your life, will it make you poorer because of his policies. Or is it that you really have swallowed the fear?  

All black people are likely to be affected.  Trump wants to institute a national "stop-and-frisk" police program of the kind that was recently ruled unconstitutional by a judge in New York.  Blacks and other minorities were overwhelmingly the target of the illegal stop-and-frisk searches by police.  Now police departments all over the country know that they have the green light to stop-and-frisk.  There will be court cases against it, of course, but eventually one of those court cases will reach the Supreme Court and stop-and-frisk will become the law of the land. 

This is not some paranoid fantasy.  This is what Trump has announced and not a single Republican condemned.

1 minute ago, CharlieK said:

how is it not the same, America has elected as president, an senile Actor, a draft dodging texan who couldn't string a sentence together, and a African American who strutted around like most African americans thinking he was so great only to be totally ineffective politically for the last eight years. You need to get your head out of where the sun don't shine.

I need to get my head out of reading abusive crapola from non-Americans that clearly don't have the beginning of clue of how serious this is (in a negative way) for many millions of Americans.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

I happen to be proud that I am not a rabid lemming democrat. It appears that enough lemmings have fallen over the cliff to lose the election. Thank goodness that we MAY be headed for a more prosperous America. It certainly can't get any worse that it has been for the past eight years. How in the world can anyone think Obama has done a good job? We couldn't possibly have a worse president and enough people finally realized that fact.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I need to get my head out of reading abusive crapola from non-Americans that clearly don't have the beginning of clue of how serious this is (in a negative way) for many millions of Americans.

Priceless coming from one who has not lived nor contributed to America in decades

which makes all the hissy fits even more of a wonder

11 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

All black people are likely to be affected.  Trump wants to institute a national "stop-and-frisk" police program of the kind that was recently ruled unconstitutional by a judge in New York.  Blacks and other minorities were overwhelmingly the target of the illegal stop-and-frisk searches by police.  Now police departments all over the country know that they have the green light to stop-and-frisk.  There will be court cases against it, of course, but eventually one of those court cases will reach the Supreme Court and stop-and-frisk will become the law of the land. 

This is not some paranoid fantasy.  This is what Trump has announced and not a single Republican condemned.

The stop and frisk stopped many murders. Remember the old "If it looks like a duck"? I really don't understand the objection to the highly successful operation. I guess the bleeding hearts don't mind having gangs murder innocent people.

8 minutes ago, Gary A said:

The stop and frisk stopped many murders. Remember the old "If it looks like a duck"? I really don't understand the objection to the highly successful operation. I guess the bleeding hearts don't mind having gangs murder innocent people.

Gary,

The bleeding hearts did not live in those mixed race and economically disadvantaged neighborhoods where the violence took place. 

Cheers

26 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

Maybe if Chicago would institute a "Stop & Frisk" policy then the black-on-black murder rate might drop:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-homicides-study-met-20160726-story.html

but Dems would rather have school children killed by stray bullets.

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, for one thing, when I tell foreigners my nationality, I will say I'm an American that opposes trump. It embarrasses me deeply that all Americans will now be associated with that horribly unfit, dangerous and hateful clown that has enacted a takeover of my country by the alt-right, a movement deeply infected with Nazis and all flavors of anti-intellectual regressive anti-civil rights HATERS. 

You know, when I meet a Russian unless they appear like an "alternative" type, I assume (sadly usually correctly) that they support their dictator Putin. 

Well, the Nazi's are part of the Illuminati and the globalist and name whatever. I know 'reversing' is hot these days, but don't blame the kettle and don't tell us what you feel aboutTrump when it all comes down on Clinton.

But it is because you say so and accepting a defeat is not in your vocabulary. Take your chance next elections and stop whining. 

52 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

Reading some of the posts,  I seriously believe some folks on here need a nice long walk on the beach to clear their heads or a dozen Chang and a week end in bed and not polluting every thread with negativity.

The hysteria is OTT.

Tell that to the non-whites and gay people in the U.S. who have already been attacked physically or verbally by white Trump supporters since the election result. Whites pointing at Hispanics and shouting you will be gone soon, and at Muslims. Signs sprayed on walls saying Black lives don't count. White youths in black face in front of confederate flags. It has begun because this sociopath Trump has made it look as if hating and attacking non whites is now an okay thing to do. Sounds like Nazi Germany to me after Hitler arrived on the scene. Most of you on here are probably white.....and you Trump supporters, just don't get it. Hatred is hatred, whatever way you dress it up....and this sociopath is/was selling hatred. The complete opposite of Judao Christian teachings. Think before you keep espousing this Fascist rhetoric.

26 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Tell that to the non-whites and gay people in the U.S. who have already been attacked physically or verbally by white Trump supporters since the election result. Whites pointing at Hispanics and shouting you will be gone soon, and at Muslims. Signs sprayed on walls saying Black lives don't count. White youths in black face in front of confederate flags. It has begun because this sociopath Trump has made it look as if hating and attacking non whites is now an okay thing to do. Sounds like Nazi Germany to me after Hitler arrived on the scene. Most of you on here are probably white.....and you Trump supporters, just don't get it. Hatred is hatred, whatever way you dress it up....and this sociopath is/was selling hatred. The complete opposite of Judao Christian teachings. Think before you keep espousing this Fascist rhetoric.

Also consider the white people living in (or passing through for whatever reason) black/minority areas. They are often (and frequently incorrectly) assumed to be fascist/racist trumpists and receive hostility because of that. This is already happening. Hopefully, this isn't the beginning of a race war, but the symptoms are starting. 

The only good, hopeful news I can glean from all this is that the people that the trumpists are going after when you add them TOGETHER are indeed already the majority (including non-trumpist women). So even though he's going to trash the supreme court with radical right wing extremists that will have a negative impact for at least 50 years, the demographic wave over time is on the side of the anti-fascist resistance. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Luckysilk said:

Reading some of the posts,  I seriously believe some folks on here need a nice long walk on the beach to clear their heads or a dozen Chang and a week end in bed and not polluting every thread with negativity.

The hysteria is OTT.

I thought some of the rants were OTT before the election. Now, the hysteria is seriously unsettling.

What is even more worrying is that some actually believe they can foretell the future.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

47 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Gary,

The bleeding hearts did not live in those mixed race and economically disadvantaged neighborhoods where the violence took place. 

Cheers

I did and was robbed at gunpoint by a black man in New York City.  Didn't make me either a racist or a fascist, but your mileage may vary.

1 minute ago, mettech said:

people had enough of the government and they have chosen a joker to represent them now let see who will laugh.

There will be a lot of crying and bleeding and dying as a direct result of trumpism and it won't only be people in the groups that the trumpist fascists have targeted.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There will be a lot of crying and bleeding and dying as a direct result of trumpism and it won't only be people in the groups that the trumpist fascists have targeted.

I have to say that I am alarmed by the hate and hostility displayed by some rabid democrats. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It apparently never entered your minds that you COULD and probably are wrong. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, for one thing, when I tell foreigners my nationality, I will say I'm an American that opposes trump. It embarrasses me deeply that all Americans will now be associated with that horribly unfit, dangerous and hateful clown that has enacted a takeover of my country by the alt-right, a movement deeply infected with Nazis and all flavors of anti-intellectual regressive anti-civil rights HATERS. 

You know, when I meet a Russian unless they appear like an "alternative" type, I assume (sadly usually correctly) that they support their dictator Putin. 

Don't tell Americans.  Trump is a heterosexual 70 year old man with a beautiful young wife.  Pretty much like many Americans in Pattaya.  

11 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

The sneering response to Trump’s victory reveals exactly why he won. 

Read it Jingthing - it's all about the Nattering Nabobs of Negativism y'all are by definition members of...:sleep:

Thanks for that link. Have been reading many commentators with similar views but that article explains everything.

31 minutes ago, Gary A said:

I have to say that I am alarmed by the hate and hostility displayed by some rabid democrats. You should be ashamed of yourselves. It apparently never entered your minds that you COULD and probably are wrong. Time will tell.

What an odious spin on the actual reality. The trumpist movement is the movement of racism and hatred. I can't be bothered with such rabid idiocy. Welcome to my ignore list.