Pump rage! Driver caught on CCTV kicking attendant in head for asking him to turn off his engine

webfact

Pump rage! Driver caught on CCTV kicking attendant in head for asking him to turn off his engine

pm5.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PHUKET: -- A driver in Phuket has been caught kicking a pump attendant in the head.

Why? Because the attendant asked him to turn off his engine while he pumped the fuel into his  car. He was just doing his job according to regulations.

The shocking CCTV footage in three parts was posted on Facebook by Napathorn Jantharapasu and comes from a Chino-Shell station in the Mai Khao, Talang area of Phuket.

It was taken at 6.27 pm yesterday.

The footage shows a Honda car with Phuket auction plates (not regular plates). The attendant asks the driver to turn off the engine while he fills up. The black car drives off but he comes back and parks in the adjacent bay.

The driver then gets out and from behind boots the startled attendant in the back of the head before getting back in his vehicle and driving off as if nothing had happened.

The attendant's chin was thrust into the vehicle he was attempting to fill up, reported Daily News.

Netizens urged the attendant to file a police report of the incident as outrage of the driver's actions mounted on social media.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-11

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when your society runs on hi so lo so this is what can happen.................remember that guy at the airport who was hi so and slapped the official there..............the whole system stinks and is  rotten to the core

5 hours ago, kannot said:

when your society runs on hi so lo so this is what can happen.................remember that guy at the airport who was hi so and slapped the official there..............the whole system stinks and is  rotten to the core

I often refer to that one as one of the most disgusting examples of privileged Thai male behavior. But I can't seem to find a link to it. 

These examples are cropping up almost on a daily basis these days -- it's not a good look for Thai society. These days I am just that little bit more wary of any dealings I have with Thai males whom I don't know -- and that bothers me.

BTW, I wonder whether ya ba is the cause of much of this behavior?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

9 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

I often refer to that one as one of the most disgusting examples of privileged Thai male behavior. But I can't seem to find a link to it. 

These examples are cropping up almost on a daily basis these days -- it's not a good look for Thai society. These days I am just that little bit more wary of any dealings I have with Thai males whom I don't know -- and that bothers me.

You mean this one, http://www.phuketgazette.net/thailand-news/Thai-Customs-YouTube-slapper-faces-probe/11982

What is it with the instant, and often unprovoked violence that just erupts from Thai males of all ages?  Today this gas station attendant.  A couple of days ago a security guard,  just for looking at some men.  The guy at the toll booth. It doesn't seem like there is a day that goes by without some report of this unprovoked, insane violence.  Uni students attacking, clubbing, beating, stabbing and shooting others over the simple fact that they go to a different school.  The Mini Cooper driver, who thought he was so Hi-So he could do what he wanted.  The gang of thugs (no other name for them) who attacked, beat and stabbed the disabled men. It's totally crazy when you can be beaten or killed just for looking at someone in a way they perceive as "not right".  

This is insanity at it's height. 

When you can do violent acts without fear of repercussions, they flourish in a society of repressed individuals filled with pent up rage. It's critical that Thailand institutes the rule of law with relevant penalties if this is ever going to contained. 

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

What is it with the instant, and often unprovoked violence that just erupts from Thai males of all ages?  Today this gas station attendant.  A couple of days ago a security guard,  just for looking at some men.  The guy at the toll booth. It doesn't seem like there is a day that goes by without some report of this unprovoked, insane violence.  Uni students attacking, clubbing, beating, stabbing and shooting others over the simple fact that they go to a different school.  The Mini Cooper driver, who thought he was so Hi-So he could do what he wanted.  The gang of thugs (no other name for them) who attacked, beat and stabbed the disabled men. It's totally crazy when you can be beaten or killed just for looking at someone in a way they perceive as "not right".  

This is insanity at it's height. 

it is an inferiority complex were individuals feel the need to make a point when they feel their imagined superiority has been brought into question, they could be gang members - influential people or related - mafia connections - I am red shirt etc etc and feel they are so powerful they are above the law and everyone should kneel to them and their imagined power, they feel the need to take retribution when they feel insulted (a motive I also believe was responsible for the Koh Tao murders), they will continue to behave like this until they realise it will not be tolerated and that they will be caught  and severely punnished

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

... and noone gave a flying f. The other people just stand around, doing nothing. Civil courage doesn't exist.

What a pity you can't be everywhere with your "civil courage" to take action on everyone's behalf.

When the culprits get a slap on the wrist and can tell the police "I am too tired for a blood test, I will come back tomorrow" and get away with it what else can you expect? Here on TV you can not anything gets about Thai's even when it is true or you get the post removed and maybe banned.

Thailand needs to stop pampering these thugs and dish out some tough sentences. I doubt if it will happen but here is hoping.

8 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

What a pity you can't be everywhere with your "civil courage" to take action on everyone's behalf.

the problem is that there are so many guns, lets imagine the other attendants assisted and restrained  this scumbag, next he reaches into his glove box and pulls out a gun, what then ???,  ordinary people doing an honest job are not involved in criminality and guns, It would be interesting to see were this scum gets his money from - my guess would be something illegal possibly drugs

18 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I am sitting here wondering whether this has been the norm for a long time and we are just seeing more of it being reported because of social media.

I agree that 'time' would be the proper punishment for this sort of thing and the usual 'Wai' and pay 500 baht makes punishment more like an approval or a warning not to get caught doing it again.

When some people get away with murder then all think they can do as they please.

Yesterday there was a pump attendant talking very rude to a customer also at a Shell pump station here in CM.

Maybe its company police that staff can be rude to customers ?

I was in shock that the attendant could get away with that kind of talking.

Not saying good that he got kicked but there must be another side to this story.

37 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I am sitting here wondering whether this has been the norm for a long time and we are just seeing more of it being reported because of social media.

I agree that 'time' would be the proper punishment for this sort of thing and the usual 'Wai' and pay 500 baht makes punishment more like an approval or a warning not to get caught doing it again.

When some people get away with murder then all think they can do as they please.

The social media has been around for a while now, as has CCTV, so why are we seeing more of these vids? It's likely that more people are becoming comfortable with using the media; there could be a growing social conscience as well; or perhaps people lower down on Thailand's odious class pecking order are getting fed up with the behavior of those who feel they are entitled or privileged. So many theories ... As for the acts themselves - I ask again, could the growing use of ya ba be responsible? Whatever ... the one thing that is a fact, though, is the pathetic response of the police and the judiciary. They carry a serious burden of shame.

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Beyond belief.

We all have a bad day from time to time, but why take it out on a young kid doing his job, and trying to abide by the rules of health and safety ?

Why? Because those laws are still slightly less toothless than we'll see his Thai assailant maybe get a slap on the wrist.