Been abroad - has my 90 days been reset?

Basically, yes.  The 90 days start when you arrive. It has nothing to do with visa or extension types.  Make a note in your calender/mobile/back-of-your-hand and report a bit early according to how you report,  you won't lose any days.

The foreign employees at my kid's school have been told they must report to immigration within 2 workings days to have immigration reset the 90 days. This cannot be done by immigration at the airport when they arrive (for some reason?) and fines apply if they don't.  The admin collect all teachers (who left the country during a holiday) and takes them along to the immigration office.

I know this throws the above comments about just resetting it yourself so perhaps the consistency and clarity of immigration rules are muddy. I'm in Chiang Mai BTW.

8 minutes ago, thenewgoo said:

The foreign employees at my kid's school have been told they must report to immigration within 2 workings days to have immigration reset the 90 days. This cannot be done by immigration at the airport when they arrive (for some reason?) and fines apply if they don't.  The admin collect all teachers (who left the country during a holiday) and takes them along to the immigration office.

I know this throws the above comments about just resetting it yourself so perhaps the consistency and clarity of immigration rules are muddy. I'm in Chiang Mai BTW.

I am certain that is not to do a 90 day report. it is to do a TM30 form that should be done by the owner or house master for where they are living to report their presence.

A new 90 days starts every time a person enters the country. Nothing is done at an airport.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am certain that is not to do a 90 day report. it is to do a TM30 form that should be done by the owner or house master for where they are living to report their presence.

A new 90 days starts every time a person enters the country. Nothing is done at an airport.

No.  the TM30 was another issue - this was  all about the 90 day reporting.

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

A little helper:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

Enter your date of entry and add 89 days (yes 89).

That is your next due date.

As usual 15 days before and 7 days after is the grace period for report in person.

(incl. due date)

Saved under Bookmarks for future reference, thank you kind sir 555

8 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

No.  the TM30 was another issue - this was  all about the 90 day reporting.

I am certain it must be misguided advice, I always count the 90 days from the day I enter the country again, as do most.

Below from the immigration website on the subject, seems clear to me, as if you left the country prior to being there for 90 continuous days, then there would be no need for a report.

Note

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

I am certain it must be misguided advice, I always count the 90 days from the day I enter the country again, as do most.

Below from the immigration website on the subject, seems clear to me, as if you left the country prior to being there for 90 continuous days, then there would be no need for a report.

Note

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Thanks Mattd, I'll check it out and help those giving the advice. So, one must report to immigration only for TM30 purposes, not 90 days right? Still looks like a trip to immigration after returning though. 

1 hour ago, thenewgoo said:

Thanks Mattd, I'll check it out and help those giving the advice. So, one must report to immigration only for TM30 purposes, not 90 days right? Still looks like a trip to immigration after returning though. 

You do NOT need to bother with immigration until your 90 day report.

the TM30 is the responsibility of the place you are staying not yours. (Unless you  or your partner own it)