Spending Money

Don one

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you joking ? The Thais will love you as they drain every last baht out of your pocket. You are what they call a two week millionare. Do you plan to flash your money around? Your the type of guy i tend to keep a safe distance from.

12806002_976981692378256_4901177588154880301_n.jpg

Edited by Mitkof Island

Just now, Mitkof Island said:

I could,nt spend that much in a day if i tried. There is a point where your just wasting money. Or just plain showing off.

easily done and in my opinion having fun is not a waste of money however the Thailand nightlife bores me these days so those big nights are very few and far between.

16 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

On what ? Booze and bar girls. What a waste !

Not at all. Work your butt off for 40+ weeks of the year and then come to Thailand and enjoy yourself for a couple of weeks, money is no expense. It's a very reasonable and therapeutic thing to do.

32 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

All joking aside I know guys who spend 10,000 a night on Walking street.

Yeah, but if you do that 15 days in a row, they'll have to send someone to your hotel room with a gurney to haul you to Swampy for your return flight.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Yeah, but if you do that 15 days in a row, they'll have to send someone to your hotel room with a gurney to haul you to Swampy for your return flight.

A few beers and a few lady drinks, pay bar fine and take girl long time there wont be much left out of 10k, hardly haul someone to swampy on a gurney territory.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

A few beers and a few lady drinks, pay bar fine and take girl long time there wont be much left out of 10k, hardly haul someone to swampy on a gurney territory.

Have to agree.  12k a day is hardly living the dream in LOS. 

I like to eat well and easily spend 2k on lunch.

34 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Giving a kid a fistful of $20 bills to walk into a candy store doesn't have to end up in a tummy ache.

But if I were a betting man...  I'd be buying the Pepto Bismol.

12000 baht a day is basically a Thai version of Brewster's Millions. You have to (consciously or sub-consciously) choose things because they're expensive. Nobody can actually spend that amount of money shlepping through the day and genuinely doing what they want to do. A group of paratroopers who've spent 3 months in Norway in winter and have gone to Thailand to thaw out* - and who were known to be big drinkers - wouldn't blow through 12,000 baht a day. 

[*One of my pals and his chums!]