90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I just hope the bloody site is working again for my next report (Nov). Would be so good to only see Rm103 once a year for the re-entry permit.

Re-entry permits are done in room 101 !!  :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Yep, 8 minutes and out- a real zoo!

You were lucky. One hour for me. All seats taken and the rest of the floor space was people standing. Hot, smelly and like a zoo.

Let's hope that our situations are reversed next time.

Edited by KarenBravo

19 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Nope. Pretty sure it's in the zoo called Rm103. That's where I got mine last May.

103 is the Visa Extension Office. In May they gave you your 90 along with your extension. You went to room 101 in August to get your new 90 day or you re-entered the country and got 90 days from that date before your next 90 day reporting day. 101 is the room next to the photo and copy shop. 103 is on the other side of the building...

Edited by Jimi007

8 hours ago, merijn said:

Believe me !!

The big room downstairs for the Re-Entry, TR60, VOa etc etc which is sometimes a big zoo is room 101.

The small office on the back corner where you get the new 1 year extension (for retirement) is room 103.

Yes, exactly. The big room downstairs is 103 and that's where you get the re-entry permit after receiving your passport with the new extension from room 101. If all 90 day reporting can be done online, then, there is only a single trip during the year where I have to go to the zoo (103.

6 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

103 is the Visa Extension Office. In May they gave you your 90 along with your extension. You went to room 101 in August to get your new 90 day or you re-entered the country and got 90 days from that date before your next 90 day reporting day. 101 is the room next to the photo and copy shop. 103 is on the other side of the building...

Right, I seem to have my room numbers mixed up. The big room is 101; thought it was 103.

Anyway, I hate going to the zoo.......

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, I got that far, too. No approval though, as they weren't processing the applications then (early Aug). Good luck.

So you had the PENDING and no email ? I see your post applying in person 16 Aug. That's a bummer. Thought I was good to go.

10 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

So you had the PENDING and no email ? I see your post applying in person 16 Aug. That's a bummer. Thought I was good to go.

Yes, Pending until I deleted the application two weeks after my in-person 90 day report.

Some people say you have to wait until the exact day until you get approval. That hasn't been my experience.

22 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Just made my 90 day on-line report. No problem - have sheet saying PENDING. They will email me when approved.

same with me,  did it yesterday, pending today

on the page it shows my 2 previous online applications  ( 2016, 2015) that were approved

Edited by phuketrichard

According on information received from the French Consulate, rules for the 90 days have changed.

Now or soon, everybody entering the country, coming back etc.., has to go to immigrating 24 hours maximum after arrival to present himself at immigration, confirm the return and confirm the residence. Fine can be up to 14k

Anybody else has information?

1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

According on information received from the French Consulate, rules for the 90 days have changed.

Now or soon, everybody entering the country, coming back etc.., has to go to immigrating 24 hours maximum after arrival to present himself at immigration, confirm the return and confirm the residence. Fine can be up to 14k

A friend was in on Monday and told the same.

31 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

A friend was in on Monday and told the same.

I think someone is misinterpreting this. It's always been the law that when you enter you have to give an address you will be staying. A hotel or guest house, your house or whatever. The hotel, or landlord is supposed to  report your staying to immigration within 24 hours. Being on a retirement extension with a re-enty permit I doubt would apply as it never has. Especially now that they have your landlord certify your residence and it's stapled into your passport, along with your 90 day reporting receipt. And yes, to follow the very letter of the law, I am supposed to report to immigration or the local police if I go stay with my in-laws. Yeah right... That's not going to happen.

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

I think someone is misinterpreting this. It's always been the law that when you enter you have to give an address you will be staying. A hotel or guest house, your house or whatever. The hotel, or landlord is supposed to  report your staying to immigration within 24 hours. Being on a retirement extension with a re-enty permit I doubt would apply as it never has. Especially now that they have your landlord certify your residence and it's stapled into your passport, along with your 90 day reporting receipt. And yes, to follow the very letter of the law, I am supposed to report to immigration or the local police if I go stay with my in-laws. Yeah right... That's not going to happen.

It depends on the immigration office. Certain offices are already requiring this, a report after returning, so far Phuket has not.

Edited by stevenl

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It depends on the immigration office. Certain offices are already requiring this, a report after returning, so far Phuket has not.

I asked my landlord a couple of years ago about this. He said he reports locally to someone when I return, but the new Phuket Immigration form was something totally new. They don't make you do a new one unless you've moved and I've been in the same house for 11 years. As I said it's nothing new, according to the letter of the law; you are supposed to present yourself at the local immigration or police station within 24 hours, even if visiting the relatives... Again, if you stay at a hotel, they are supposed to get your passport number etc and report you. That only happen s at large hotels in Bangkok it seems to me. I am sure LIK and others try their best to follow the law, but the online reporting system isn't exactly up to world standards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

When I did my last extension a few weeks ago, I've asked if I have to report to them after being out of the country for just one day and coming back to the same house that I rent and they said yes. That's in line with the law and they probably will slowly increase the rate at which they fine people which right now is inconsistent from what I can tell.

I really hope they get rid of this insanely annoying rule that if enforced for all people would completely crush the immigration system. Or at least make it a working online version. Hope dies last I guess.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

When I did my last extension a few weeks ago, I've asked if I have to report to them after being out of the country for just one day and coming back to the same house that I rent and they said yes. That's in line with the law and they probably will slowly increase the rate at which they fine people which right now is inconsistent from what I can tell.

I really hope they get rid of this insanely annoying rule that if enforced for all people would completely crush the immigration system. Or at least make it a working online version. Hope dies last I guess.

Right! Could you imagine if every tourist arriving on a flight into Phuket had to show up at the Immigration Office? There would be thousands lined up! I'm pretty sure when you fill out your arrival card and you put where you are staying, then get your photo taken at the Immigration check point at the airport, and get an arrival stamp, you have reported to immigration. I know I don't have to report to them until 90 days after my last arrival stamp. Although if you travel to another province you are supposed to report to the local Immigration Office or the place you stay is supposed to report you. It's really unenforceable it would seem. I've never heard of anyone being brought up on charges, have you?

• Like 1

I leave the country often enough that at present I rarely have to do a 90 day report. If the rules change to what has been suggested then I will forego the extension of stay in favour of a non-imm O multi-entry. 

Phuket's Immigration Off ice is overcrowded already. Chang Wattana and Chiang Mai are apparently dreadfully busy. To add another reason for us long-stay farangs to have to visit is just ridiculous.

And I will ask a similar question to Jimi007: has anyone here ever reported to an Immigration Office when staying outside the province in which they are registered? Please don't answer "the hotel is supposed to do that for you". And has anyone actually ever reported back to Phuket Immigration Office upon return from another province, as I also believe you are supposed to?

I haven't. I suspect very few on here will have. 

Edited by madmitch

1 hour ago, Jimi007 said:

I've never heard of anyone being brought up on charges, have you?

Yes, there have been a couple of posts in the Visa forum about people being fined for not reporting.

To madmitch's question: I have been approached by a police officer in a restaurant while traveling the north as to why I hadn't reported to their police station while staying in a tiny town for 2 days. They didn't fine me but it shows that even police in a small place in the nowhere seem to start to know about this law.

I'm planning a long trip all around Thailand for later this year. If I followed the law to the letter, I would have to report more than a dozen times to different immigration offices and police stations in several provinces. Totally ludicrous. Treated like a criminal...

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

And I will ask a similar question to Jimi007: has anyone here ever reported to an Immigration Office when staying outside the province in which they are registered? Please don't answer "the hotel is supposed to do that for you". And has anyone actually ever reported back to Phuket Immigration Office upon return from another province, as I also believe you are supposed to?

Never on both counts........nor have I when I have returned to Phuket after travelling overseas.