AIS/TRUE/3BB fiber - which for gaming and light torrenting?

euphoricV

Sorry for another ISP thread!

I'm currently on a TRUE 13/1mb line and am looking to make a switch.

Right now my building has an AIS fiber kiosk promotion going and I'm assuming TRUE fiber is also available. And I'm just looking to get the 20/7mb package.

Anyone have any recommendations on which ISP would be preferable for gaming and some torrenting? Saw a post here on another thread that said something bout certain ISPs using single and multiple threads which could effect gaming?

Also, what modem is being used? Do I have to use an ISP provided input modem(the modem, not the router and is it a modem/router combo) for fiber or could I buy my own, like the ADSL modem I have right now?

Thank you!

edit: for my own experience with TRUE. Its been somewhat okay.. but this year there has been a series of random disconnects which has been really annoying as they can occur again within minutes to a few hours and TRUE keeps claiming that its my devices when its not (if it were my modem/router then the disconnects would be more consistent and I have even bought new ones to the same problem). As of right now, no real problems. Torrenting is pretty much throttled at all hours except after 1am. I'm reading a number of both approvals and problems with the listed ISPs and am having a hard time to decide which to pick from, cause it's a pain to commit to a 1 year plan to have it sux and live out with it.

Edited by euphoricV