Prepaid 4G SIM for North of Thailand

farrol

Everything is changing as AIS (One2Call), DTAC, TOT3G, TRUE Move H all implement 4G thoughout Thailand. It's an ongoing process. 

And while AIS / One2Call used to be the better coverage in the north, they've decommissioned a slew of towers they previously rented and setting up new ones.

Many of the phones sold here are Dual SIM, so people can put  two different provider SIMs and use the network that's working for a given location.

Here in Chiang Rai, the big three providing decent signal coverage are True, AIS and DTAC, each providing enough towers and data speed coverage.  TOT3G, not so much (at least here up north).

30 Days Internet Add-On/TopUp options:

AIS      1 GB  199 baht

DTAC   1.5 GB + Free Facebook 199 baht

TRUE  1.5 GB  + unlimited WiFi  199 baht

You might also find a SIM that comes bundled with the Internet Data you need. The add-on/topup option is there for renewal.

I was using True Internet with an air card for several years. One day it simply quit working. Calling them and three visits to the local True office did no good.  I switched to AIS. AIS may not be that great either but at least I always have fairly fast Internet. Two weeks ago a friend using True also lost his Internet. Yesterday I went to help him and took along my AIS SIM card. I put the AIS SIM in his dongle and the Internet works fine. He thought his computer had a problem. It did not. True refuses to admit they have problems. They blame your system.

Archived