Still Too Many Gremlins.

NoshowJones

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

That's it happened again, and I have checked my notification settings, I want all replies sent to me I would estimate about

one in every eight do not get to me, that cannot have anything to do with my settings.

That's another notification not there. Wed 21st Dec.  10.30.

There's another notification came in for me which is not there. Dec 22.  11.27.

All my notifications were turned off yesterday for obvious reasons.

Also keep in mind I got a notification from UbonJoe last week and he confirmed he had nothing to do with it.

Also I used to get a daily email entitled, "Best of ThaiVisa" or something like that and that has stopped now.......any idea if it is still around or if I have to change something to get it delivered??

Thought it was great and miss it.....!!

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Another notification today 11.55, that has not arrived. My notifications are turned off, I am now getting them by email. I even got

one with UbonJoes name, and he never even sent one. Gremlins indeed.

Another two.  13.35. and may I remind you Tech Doc that my notifications are switched off.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Another two.  13.35. and may I remind you Tech Doc that my notifications are switched off.

I am getting bombarded now with notifications that are not there, and all my notifications are switched off.

Also Thaivisa is that slow I cannot use it at times which is very regular. Surely Thaivisa has had enough time now since the new setup started, to get rid of the many gremlins.

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

What are "notifications that are not there"?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I get notifications from posters sometimes commenting on my posts, there is a little bell that you click on to get these notifications, next to the letter you click on to get PMs, most times they are there and if I want, I can answer them, but very often they are not there. I have now closed down these notifications and get them by email instead, but even now  I am still getting notifications even though I have stopped them.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:57 PM, possum1931 said:

I get notifications from posters sometimes commenting on my posts, there is a little bell that you click on to get these notifications, next to the letter you click on to get PMs, most times they are there and if I want, I can answer them, but very often they are not there. I have now closed down these notifications and get them by email instead, but even now  I am still getting notifications even though I have stopped them.

There's another two come today, and as I said, my notifications are switched off.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:52 PM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi @possum1931 - like I have said this is with the software vendor to investigate along with the jump too functions.TD

Well whatever it is can you not fix it? (silly question). If you are reading this Berkshire, please accept my apologies as this is the second time I have not received your answer to my posts.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:21 AM, daveAustin said:

Have you tried a carrier pigeon? :giggle:

The uptime is an issue for me. Dunno if it's AWS's cloud computing or summat up with the software but it's pretty naff in the great scheme of things.

The thing is it is happening all the time with Thaivisa, I also use other websites, and can put up with it the odd time, but here on Thaivisa it is happening all the time.

Notifications turned off and still they keep coming then you always find they are not there. If you do not get this fixed I will notify you of the usernames of the posters who are trying to answer me or give me likes.

Hi Possum,

If you have just switched them off just now, it will not affect any which are already set up to receive notifications. You would need to change the notification types on any you are already subscribed to from 'manage followed content' by selecting your name on the top right of the site. From here you can then either remove them from followed content, or change the notification type.

TD

30 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi Possum,

If you have just switched them off just now, it will not affect any which are already set up to receive notifications. You would need to change the notification types on any you are already subscribed to from 'manage followed content' by selecting your name on the top right of the site. From here you can then either remove them from followed content, or change the notification type.

TD

They have been switched of for about a week. Another thing, I put up a video on the pub forum this morning, even played it, guess what? It has disappeared, I even played it, how do you explain that?

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

@possum1931

- Please read in full - If you have just switched them off just now, it will not affect any which are already set up to receive notifications. Can I have a link to the thread or post for the video?TD

I don't know how to make a link, besides, when things go wrong here they never get fixed, it has been that way since the thaivisa new format, the format is really great if things would just work properly.

Notifications turned off and still they keep coming then you always find they are not there. If you do not get this fixed I will notify you of the usernames of the posters who are trying to answer me or give me likes.

Your writing style is a bit too sophisticated for me to understand easily. Let's see if I understand your above post correctly as follows:

1. You receive notifications despite the fact that you have all notifications disabled.

2. Later, these notifications are no longer there.

3. Other Thaivisa members are trying to reply to a post you have made or to give a like to a post you have made.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

OK Maestro.  1  Yes

2 Not later, immediately, these notifications are not there.

3 Yes.

I am now receiving answers to my posts and "likes" by email, as I changed the settings for that purpose,  my notifications are disabled, though every day about maybe three or four posters notifications  are still arriving, but are not there when I click on the notifications bell. 

Hope this helps.  Possum.