Phuket search launched for missing Russian, last seen drunk at beach

webfact

Phuket search launched for missing Russian, last seen drunk at beach

Eakkapop Thongtub

1480397050_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers searched Kamala Beach for missing 39-year-old Russian tourist Mikhail Korneev last night to no avail. The search continues today (Nov 29). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Rescue workers are searching for a Russian man who disappeared into the water at Kamala Beach last night (Nov 28).

The man, named by police as 39-year-old Mikhail Korneev, was on the beach drinking with friends and last seen running into the water, reported Lt Col Somnuek Damkaew of the Kamala Police.

Police were alerted to the situation at about midnight, he added.

Earlier yesterday evening, Mr Korneev arrived in a taxi with friends at the hotel nearby where he checked out two days ago, Col Somnuek explained.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-search-launched-for-missing-russian-last-seen-drunk-at-beach-60051.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-29

12 minutes ago, bark said:

I cannot understand how people can come to a foreign country and get totally wasted drunk  without someone not totally drunk beside them..

He is swimming with the fish now.

Unaccompanied totally wasted drunks can be found in every corner of the world.

Edited by LivinginKata
usual typo

It's happened to me numerous times.  Somehow, I always reappear~minus some belongings, but life in tact.

A bit more couscous these days.  I hope he shows up.  Nearly every time I'm at the beach, some tourists are looking for their lost friend

Edited by Redline

I cannot understand how people can come to a foreign country and get totally wasted drunk  without someone not totally drunk beside them..
He is swimming with the fish now.

No way I would be any where near a totally wasted drunk unless of course I was totally wasted. It's just to much work

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, mcfish said:

No way I would be any where near a totally wasted drunk unless of course I was totally wasted. It's just to much work

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I was thinking about his family or friends.

Russian tourist missing in ‘wasted’ midnight swim found safe at Phuket Airport

Yutthawat Lekmak

1480479248_1-org.jpg

Russian tourist Mikhail Korneev (right), 39, was found alive and hungover when he went to reclaim his lost passport and luggage at Phuket Airport. Photo: Phuket Tourist Police

PHUKET: -- The Russian man last seen drunk running into the water at Kamala Beach on Monday night (Nov 28) has turned up safe but hungover at Phuket International Airport – to reclaim his lost passport and luggage.

Russian tourist Mikhail Korneev, 39, was sitting on Kamala Beach drinking alcohol with friends when suddenly jumped up and ran into the water. A search that night failed to find him, as did the continuing search for him yesterday. 

“I cannot remember anything that night. I was totally wasted last night and was badly hung over this morning,” Mr Korneev told Tourist Police officers at Phuket Airport yesterday (Nov 29).

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-tourist-missing-in-wasted-midnight-swim-found-safe-at-phuket-airport-60065.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-30

15 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

'he went to reclaim his lost passport and luggage at Phuket Airport'

So how can he loose his passport (and luggage) at the airport and just casually reclaim ... lot more to this story ...

Yes, and most of it is explained in the article.

"Mr Korneev filed a report with Tourist Police on Monday that his passport and luggage were missing, Col Naruewat said.

Tourist Police tracked it down – it was left behind at the hotel in Patong where Mr Korneev was staying. The officers had the items hotel taken to the airport, where it could be handed back to Mr Korneev when he returned home, Col Naruewat added.

“Mr Korneev remembered that his passport and luggage were waiting for him to collect at the airport. That’s the only way we found out that he was alive and well,” Col Naruewat said."