Bus driver did not flee scene of fatal crash, he hid for fear of being lynched, say police

webfact

Bus driver did not flee scene of fatal crash, he hid for fear of being lynched, say police

Yutthawat Lekmak

1480566114_1-org.jpg

The bus driver left his vehicle for fear of being lynched by a group of local residents. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- An officer from Thalang Police Station has told The Phuket News that the bus driver who was believed to have fled the scene of a fatal accident that left the driver of a motorbike dead last Saturday night (Nov 26) had not in fact fled, he had actually hidden in an area close to the scene as he was afraid of being lynched by a group of local residents.

Lt Col Sanit Nookong, an inspector from the Thalang Police, told The Phuket News yesterday (Nov 30) that the bus driver, who he declined to name, did not run away as reported by media.

“After the accident that left 40-year-old Sompod Butprom dead (see story here), the bus driver did not run away as reported in the news. 

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/bus-driver-did-not-flee-scene-of-fatal-crash-he-hid-for-fear-of-being-lynched-say-police-60075.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-01

Check the lights...many motorbikes are traveling about without lights, When traveling HWY 4,  I often come upon motorbikes without tail-lights zooming along at 90 - 100 km/h. Thankfully my lights reflect off their licence plate otherwise I may be in the same position as the Bus Driver.  If the police would start enforcing some of the road rules, the death/accident rate would drop

2 hours ago, Pigdog747 said:

Check the lights...many motorbikes are traveling about without lights, When traveling HWY 4,  I often come upon motorbikes without tail-lights zooming along at 90 - 100 km/h. Thankfully my lights reflect off their licence plate otherwise I may be in the same position as the Bus Driver.  If the police would start enforcing some of the road rules, the death/accident rate would drop

What licence plate?????

Whats the difference between fleeing the scene and hiding close by and fleeing the scene and hiding miles away?

Seems to me he was the driver involved in the accident and he simply fled the scene, whatever the reason, whoever he hid, he fled the scene..

On 02/12/2016 at 0:09 AM, GAZZPA said:

Whats the difference between fleeing the scene and hiding close by and fleeing the scene and hiding miles away?

A huge difference, in your first situation he didn't flee the scene, he was there, hiding from what he thought was a threat.  Shortly after he reported to the police and 50% accepted responsibility for the accident.