Cost of painting 30sqm condo ? Cost of tiling ?

autoc

Hello,

I need your experience.

How much did you pay (and not WOULD) to paint a 30sqm condo ?

And to change the tiling ?

I know that in people's dream it is cheap, but in real life it's hard to find anybody doing a good job for cheap.

And please don't tell me to do it myself, I have more interesting things to do :-)

Anybody here has used homepro or homeworks painting and tiling service? any report ?

Thank you for your experience.

It depends, doesn't it?

To get a meaningful quote, you'd want to see the materials used in a job already done, get the owners honest feedback, and then see if you could get that tradie, or someone of a similar skill and price level.

Homepro prices are gonna be pretty universal, and you can keep your receipts etc in case of issues.

A tradesman in BKK may likely cost more than one in Udon, etc etc.

Very helpful reply thank you :-)

I am asking what people HAVE PAID, not what they think it could cost.

And no it does not depend, a 30sqm room is a 30sqm room.

There is the price it should cost and the price that people usually really pay.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, beachproperty said:

I have paid 300 baht per square meter for installation....having supplied my own tiles....so for 30 sqm 9000 baht for installation only...cost of the tiles is up to you.

It seems to be a good price, thank you <3

4 hours ago, autoc said:

How much did you pay (and not WOULD) to paint a 30sqm condo ?

For my much larger condo I bought a tub of good paint at Home Pro for 750B and a decent brush for 100B and did it myself in stages over a few days. So 850B.

46 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

For my much larger condo I bought a tub of good paint at Home Pro for 750B and a decent brush for 100B and did it myself in stages over a few days. So 850B.

Did you have a work permit for that? 555 :smile:

Just kidding I did the exact same as you but with a roller and brush

Initially I did hire a painter but found he was both blind & could not tell colors apart

So let him go after a day & did it myself

On a side note Home Pro is great about tinting paint a hair in either direction for some tiny amount

I think it was 10 baht per gallon to shift the color

8 hours ago, autoc said:

Very helpful reply thank you :-)

I am asking what people HAVE PAID, not what they think it could cost.

And no it does not depend, a 30sqm room is a 30sqm room.

There is the price it should cost and the price that people usually really pay.

Thanks again.

Let  me  tell you, a  30m2  room is not a  30m2  room, they all vary wildly, it could  be really dirty it  could have many windows it  could  have many cracks  or damage  which need repairing, it  could be a  smokers  room, it  could  have had a lot of  cooking  done in it..all affects the price..................trust me I know.I did this for  30+ years in the UK............. guess what? Im the only person doing my painting in Thailand, make sure whoever you get uses sheets on the floor many use nothing, also I dont know how they manage without a vacuum cleaner to get things prepared, cleanliness is everything in decorating, dont let  them thin paint  more than 10%.....they  like to add tons of water......useless.

I used to  tell my customers in the Uk..........you can have a cheap job or a good  job but  not a cheap  good  job because to do it properly takes time

Edited by kannot

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

750  baht? how big  was  that? my  primer alone  is  about  2400 per 25  gallon  tub and  Thai  paint  is  pretty  thin already I need at least 3  coats on a repaint and 5 on a new  paint bare  walls 2  primer 3 top coats

It's Beger Cool interior/exterior acrylic mat paint, in the standard white. In Thai it says "9.46 squiggle" and to me the tub looks to be about 10 litres in size, so maybe that's 9.46 litres. They had a couple of other brands at around the same price, and the one I bought was discounted from about 1000B (no idea how real that discount was).

I added just under 5% water and used two coats applied with a decent brush to cover the existing yellow-ish paint after washing it. One coat didnt quite do it. I did start with a roller but it splattered too much so I quickly stopped. I dont know whether that was the poor quality of the roller or the paint or the painter! I did one coat on one wall per day and it took between 1-2 hours per day to do the whole lot over a week or so. Doing it that way also meant that it was easy to move furniture to the other side of the room without having to remove it completely. I also bought a few yards of plastic wrapping sheet to protect the floor, and that cost 15B. Oh, and a rather nice aluminium step-ladder that will be handy in future for changing light bulbs etc. and stores away neatly behind the washing machine. That was about 700B too, supposedly reduced from 1500B.

Although they had many sizes of roller they only had one size of roller tray (large) which wasnt very practical. So I found using a 4 inch hand brush and an old 5 inch plastic food container for the paint to be the best way to deal with it, as it is an easy size to hold and to clean without wasting too much paint each time.

45 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

It's Beger Cool interior/exterior acrylic mat paint, in the standard white. In Thai it says "9.46 squiggle" and to me the tub looks to be about 10 litres in size, so maybe that's 9.46 litres. They had a couple of other brands at around the same price, and the one I bought was discounted from about 1000B (no idea how real that discount was).

I added just under 5% water and used two coats applied with a decent brush to cover the existing yellow-ish paint after washing it. One coat didnt quite do it. I did start with a roller but it splattered too much so I quickly stopped. I dont know whether that was the poor quality of the roller or the paint or the painter! I did one coat on one wall per day and it took between 1-2 hours per day to do the whole lot over a week or so. Doing it that way also meant that it was easy to move furniture to the other side of the room without having to remove it completely. I also bought a few yards of plastic wrapping sheet to protect the floor, and that cost 15B. Oh, and a rather nice aluminium step-ladder that will be handy in future for changing light bulbs etc. and stores away neatly behind the washing machine. That was about 700B too, supposedly reduced from 1500B.

Although they had many sizes of roller they only had one size of roller tray (large) which wasnt very practical. So I found using a 4 inch hand brush and an old 5 inch plastic food container for the paint to be the best way to deal with it, as it is an easy size to hold and to clean without wasting too much paint each time.

could be paint to thin and too  much paint on the roller, I see Thais  dip the  bloody  thing into a bucket.......useless, but suspect  rolling too  fast, slow  down.

U can get trays at Global  House although I brought  all my stuff from the UK, lets  just say quality here is  not so  good

I generally use a  9  inch medium  pile synthetic  roller but  again brought about 10 from the UK

However I digress.........I have no idea of the cost BUT I did used to own some 30m2 condos and walls  and ceilings for the lot (living room bathroom kitchen) took 2  days two  coats as the rooms were usually pretty good though touching  up  black marks  first helps.. Thats  WALLS  CEILINGS  only  no doors  or "woodwork"

ID  ALLOW 2  DAYS 1  BLOKE 2  coats

Found Thai stepl ladders  crap wafer thin aluminium too so  again brought my own from the uk .....amazing Emirates  will let you, 8 feet  tall two pairs

Decent  brush  100 baht:cheesy: 

Edited by kannot