Fake diplomas and degrees touted openly online - share the story and get a further 500 baht discount!

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Pib said:

Fake certificates/credentials in Thailand are a big problem...and not just for upper level education.  I have a Thai in-law right now who drives for living who only completed 3 years of schooling getting school credentials which shows him completing 6 years which gives him a better chance at getting certain jobs.   He hasn't mentioned the price....I expect the price is pretty low otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford it.  He said what he's doing is a common thing.

It's a big problem in the Thai system.   Some years back an MP was busted with a purchased undergraduate degree.   He had gone to get a higher degree, which was eventually taken away from him.   From the OP, it does seem to indicate one can get basic education certificates as well.  

3 minutes ago, autoc said:

most companies do not check degrees validity and just deserve to be cheated.

Anyway what is the problem if you can do the job as well or better than someone who got the real degree ?

The problem is that using a fake degree is fraudulent.  It doesn't mean someone may not be able to perform, but often there is a pay differential between people with a degree and those without.  

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

The problem is that using a fake degree is fraudulent.  It doesn't mean someone may not be able to perform, but often there is a pay differential between people with a degree and those without.  

Fraude is fun <3

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Unfortunately not just Thailand.  Higher degrees are becoming more devalued each year with international universities having to derive their own revenue and cater to non-english speakers.  Now trump is likely to relax education regulation in USA.  Soon they wont be worth the paper they are printed on.

Does it matter if they are fake or not?

These days universities in the west are all charging huge sums of money for a genuine degree that is in fact a fake by its very nature.  It simply bears a legitimate seal.

For instance, my daughter has just finished a 4 year degree in accounting at a Queensland university which cost X dollars whilst my Chinese step-daughter has been offered the same degree as a South Australian university which runs for only 2 years and cost 3 times X dollars.

The Australian government has even publicly stated that they cannot afford to lose this multi billion dollar export to Asia.

What my step daughter learns in Australia will of course be useless (read fake) in China but it will qualify her for a high paying job because she holds a degree (read fake) from a foreign university.

Thailand is no different.  All they do is cut out the Australian middle man.  Rather enterprising one could say.

3 hours ago, digibum said:

Let's just be honest, fake or real, what's the difference in Thailand?  

I mean, you get someone with a four year university degree in English language who can't speak, read, or write it.  Why not just buy the degree and save four years of your life?  

What a disgusting avatar, imagine eating your breakfast while reading this post.

what's the difference between a fake and a real one?

the fake shows initiative.  hire that one.... it may also be a sign that the applicant is somewhat literate as well... 

Edited by maewang99

50 minutes ago, car720 said:

Does it matter if they are fake or not?

These days universities in the west are all charging huge sums of money for a genuine degree that is in fact a fake by its very nature.  It simply bears a legitimate seal.

For instance, my daughter has just finished a 4 year degree in accounting at a Queensland university which cost X dollars whilst my Chinese step-daughter has been offered the same degree as a South Australian university which runs for only 2 years and cost 3 times X dollars.

The Australian government has even publicly stated that they cannot afford to lose this multi billion dollar export to Asia.

What my step daughter learns in Australia will of course be useless (read fake) in China but it will qualify her for a high paying job because she holds a degree (read fake) from a foreign university.

Thailand is no different.  All they do is cut out the Australian middle man.  Rather enterprising one could say.

di you go to University? 

I also think that holding up Australia to make a  point is a bit shakey - I went to Uni both in UK and Oz 

There is a big "teacher exporter" country, not far from here and I could be convinced that the majority of the diplomas are fake of these teachers from this country.

Now I have two colleagues from this land. Both of them has Master degree from an online school. Now, The school is existing, but they have never launched online courses.  This way, this "diploma" is dirty cheap. 

Some of them simply announced themselves as Ph.D. holder in front f the parents at Thaksin university, but they do not speak Thai. The school director is happy with them, because , as it is usual, he cannot speak English and he is not in a position to realize what nonsense they usually say to their students.

The immigration ? Well, they are all right  5555 

Edited by Honthy

Fake degrees are super common everywhere.  I have a BA hons (UK, took me 4 years all told) and used to teach in Thailand.  Most of my colleagues had a fake one.  Generally people who don't have a degree undervalue them and because they haven't got the time or money to spend getting one, dismiss them with regular comments about them being useless etc.  You don't really need one to be clever and/ or a good teacher, but these people undermine the process we went through to get ours without any knowledge of what's involved to pass.  Among most of my colleagues I was one of the only teachers guiding older pre- university students with the right attitude and skills they would need to cut the mustard at this level.  Others could only merely guess at what was required, and most of the time avoided the subject.  Used to really annoy me, now I have lost the will to care.  I don't teach any more.

1 hour ago, magmur said:

nothing new - germany and EU parliament uncovers false diplomas even with MPs who are in office for decades, there 'fine'  is instant retirement with over 10000Euros a month?

Impossible in case of EU Parliament.  Most of the top ranked officers have no degree at all. See Junkers, Kohn Bandit and the former Minister of Justice, among others)

There is a big "teacher exporter" country, not far from here and I could be convinced that the majority of the diplomas are fake of these teachers from this country.

Now I have two colleagues from this land. Both of them has Master degree from an online school. Now, The school is existing, but they have never launched online courses.  This way, this "diploma" is dirty cheap. 

Some of them simply announced themselves as Ph.D. holder in front f the parents at Thaksin university, but they do not speak Thai. The school director is happy with them, because , as it is usual, he cannot speak English and he is not in a position to realize what nonsense they usually say to their students.

The immigration ? Well, they are all right  5555 

Ah yes. A child I know was recently entered for a public speaking competition, using a speech prepared by graduates from that country. His father, who is American, showed it to me. It had apparently been proof read by someone holding a Masters Degree. It was appalling, a dozen or so basic vocabulary and grammatical mistakes in the first paragraph alone. The second paragraph made no sense at all.

But they're very cheap to hire...

So what is the news?

This you can find around the world and also in the western countries.

There the even will add you in the the registration system.

The paper only tell that tje person in qiestion inderstand the way of testing and how to answer correctly and could probaly learn well.

The paper does not tell anything about the actual skills and competences a person has and if tje person relly inderstood and can apply.

Seen this too much in the test center we have.

We stoped a long time ago selecting peolle based in the paper and pages like LinkedIn.

Just test them if they have really ghe skills needed and the competences needed.

A degree should just get you in the door , after that performance counts and the degree becomes less important.  Thats how it works in industry but in government the degree holder has peaked out achademically and starts to decline so the only thing they have to refer to is some qualification gained a long time ago when they could still read and wright.

23 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

So what is the news?

This you can find around the world and also in the western countries.

There the even will add you in the the registration system.

The paper only tell that tje person in qiestion inderstand the way of testing and how to answer correctly and could probaly learn well.

The paper does not tell anything about the actual skills and competences a person has and if tje person relly inderstood and can apply.

Seen this too much in the test center we have.

We stoped a long time ago selecting peolle based in the paper and pages like LinkedIn.

Just test them if they have really ghe skills needed and the competences needed.

Like typing and spelling?

Once upon a time,in Pattaya.There was a TEFL teacher who worked at a Language school here.I wont reveal his name or his school for obvious reasons.But he was an ex copper back home in his own country.The TEFL fees were 35,000 baht for a 5 day course.All very professional and entertaining lessons.However,at no time were we informed that we also had to have a degree to get a job.You had to produce the Degree and the transcripts as well.I was ok,but there were  3 guys and 2 girls that didnt have the required pieces of paper.When he was asked about the degree requirement he denied knowing that it was a must have,and that he had never been asked to produce a degree when applying for work as a teacher.The next day he told us that a 'friend' of his could get' real,proven,degrees on line from an American University,(name witheld)for the sum of 30,000 baht.The price was a one off and had to be paid by 2 days.Then he would give take all the details and have the degrees within a week.

They got their degrees,very beautiful colours and good quality certificates.Upon googling the university,it turned out it was an online university,promising you the degree that"you always deserved"Googling further,the write up of this 'university'was under investigation by the American,education authorities and that they were worth nothing.In fact they were hinting that it could have been  few people in a rented room knocking them out on a computer.The University advertised its wonderful building in the country side,in the States,and its Alumni

was available for you to join.

I never saw the othere students again,so i dont know what happened to them,or their degrees.I was told later that it was a criminal offence to hold these degrees,with prison terms following,if caught.

6 hours ago, Scott said:

Fake degrees are a problem, but for many teaching jobs a Teacher's License is needed and the transcript has to be sent from the school to the Licensing agency.   The school must also be accredited.  

I occasionally get a fake degree, but since we have to verify the degree, the person is not hired.  

i'd imagine for the right price a fake original degree from an accredited institution comes with the appropriate university records and transcripts direct from the original source.

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:

A degree should just get you in the door , after that performance counts and the degree becomes less important.  Thats how it works in industry but in government the degree holder has peaked out achademically and starts to decline so the only thing they have to refer to is some qualification gained a long time ago when they could still read and wright.

And spwell! 

:smile:

Sorry, I know. Bl**dy predictive text...

For someone willing to obtain a such sort of degree, does it make sense for him/her to hold a piece of paper while he has no any relevant qualification? what is the value of saying /showing what you are not qualified to do? or just to serve the purpose of requirements? worthless empty formalities,