Road rage: Shots fired as Honda Jazz driver takes aim at couple who wouldn't let him push in

webfact

Road rage: Shots fired as Honda Jazz driver takes aim at couple who wouldn't let him push in

p2.jpg

Picture: Naewna

BANGKOK: -- Three shots were fired as a road rage altercation was caught on tape and posted online yesterday.

The video was posted on the page of "Ao Jittiya" on Facebook who said that the incident happened on the Bang Na - Trat highway.

The driver in the Honda Jazz had tried to push in but the poster's husband had not allowed him to jump the queue. A barging match had then ensued along the highway before the Jazz driver pulled out a gun, reports Naewna.

Two shots were fired in the air before a third was leveled at the couple's car.

They went to report the matter to Bang Kaew police in Samut Prakarn who are now on the case.

In a later Facebook post the woman said that they had collided with the Jazz and accepted this part of the blame but the drawing and shooting of a gun was another matter entirely.

She said that the police had told her that the owner of the Jazz was a woman who had lent her car to a male friend and the police had now called him in for questioning.

Source: Naewna

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-08

UPDATE: Thai police confirm the suspect has now handed himself in. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a man shoots a gun at a car and is only asked to pop on down to the station for a chat. But a woman who voices discontent about her relative been beaten to death by soldiers (proven) is hauled in from her workplace because she defamed the higher up who oversaw the whole beating.

Something very wrong here (as always). Pathetic. When, ever, will the authorities start doing their jobs properly ?

From OP:   "UPDATE: Thai police confirm the suspect has now handed himself in. The firearm was found to be a BB gun."

Where I come from the driver of the red car would be guilty of assault with a deadly weapon - a car. Seriously. From what's on the video he was the aggressor and the perp of aggravated assault.

I put all of the blame on the red car.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Did he shoot before or after they chased him like in the video?? They are both idiots and brought all other drivers in danger.

It looks like he was waving the gun before the impact, but it was reportedly a bb gun so he probably bottled it when it didn't have the desired effect of scaring the other car occupants into submission, thus leading to a chase that put other road users in danger and ending up with a smashed up car to pay for. The police will probably put it down as a tit for tat incident... case closed

Edited by sn1per

TIT. Just a "losing face" situation that can only be resolved with guns or fighting until death.

Nothing to see here.  :coffee1:

Edited by balo

23 minutes ago, sn1per said:

It looks like he was waving the gun before the impact, but it was reportedly a bb gun so he probably bottled it when it didn't have the desired effect of scaring the other car occupants into submission, thus leading to a chase that put other road users in danger and ending up with a smashed up car to pay for. The police will probably put it down as a tit for tat incident... case closed

The gun sticking out of the car is not the same as the bb-gun on the desk, it's much shorter...he had all the time to swap it though.

I would like to see a pic of that lady who says "uehhhhh" when he rams his car into the Jazz....she likes her driver doing it because that's the right thing to do (if you're Thai).

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" the police had now called him in for questioning.",dont get off your @rses,

and go and arrest the suspect,it's a serious crime ?

regards worgeordie

another 1000 Baht, slap on the shoulder....

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that the police had told her that the owner of the Jazz was a woman who had lent her car to a male friend and the police had now called him in for questioning.

Moral of the story is never lend your car to friends without a physic test. 

Geez... I've witnessed this kind of play chicken races taking place right in front of me so many times over my years of weekly commuting between Bangkok and my upcountry place. Not up to the gun pulling thing, admittedly.

I was just slowing down trying not to become a collateral damage...

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

The gun sticking out of the car is not the same as the bb-gun on the desk, it's much shorter...he had all the time to swap it though.

I would like to see a pic of that lady who says "uehhhhh" when he rams his car into the Jazz....she likes her driver doing it because that's the right thing to do (if you're Thai).

Yes - when I saw this on YouTube I was sure I heard a gunshot.

There's no excuse for it at all - but who in their right mind would chase and smash into a car driven by some gun wielding nutter. You would get the plate number and let him go - but I guess again, people have no faith in the police doing their job they have to make a stand themselves. I'm not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

1 hour ago, sn1per said:

And so say all of us! Two boys having a urinating contest? :passifier::wai:

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

What the hell is wrong with this nation    :w00t:

I hate to say this but - Thailand isn't the only country with road rage problems.

I sometimes gradually 'push in' on my scooter (when there's a queue of  car/truck traffic) - but always hold up my hand to thank the driver that didn't hit me!

Similarly, today I could see a queue building up ahead of me and so stopped to let a truck out from the side turning.  On the other hand, I get very (quietly) annoyed when cars/trucks turn in front of me at the last moment....

A few days ago a car turned across the road - which left the scooter ahead of me veering to the left and myself veering to the right.  I could only laugh when the scooter driver ahead of me turned round to chase the car!

Today, a Western car driver pulled out of a side turning forcing me to slam on the brakes....  My personal experience is that Western drivers (and especially tourists) are far worse when it comes to making stupid driving manoeuvres - thinking they are driving the same way as the Thais......