West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Absolute joke result last week,sorry Alfie i was in Tenerife and haven't been to prominent on the board since my return to the UK rest assured I was ready to post lol.

Tough one this week against Utd,certainly not the start to the season I was looking for I know that much.

On the plus side my ton on Monaco in champions league was a nice little earner and will undoubtedly turn the rest of Tottenhams season into the usual Spursday night disaster it has been for a number of years now.

8 minutes ago, stoneyboy said:

Absolute joke result last week,sorry Alfie i was in Tenerife and haven't been to prominent on the board since my return to the UK rest assured I was ready to post lol.

Tough one this week against Utd,certainly not the start to the season I was looking for I know that much.

On the plus side my ton on Monaco in champions league was a nice little earner and will undoubtedly turn the rest of Tottenhams season into the usual Spursday night disaster it has been for a number of years now.

To be fair Stones, betting on the CL was the closest your ever going to get to it !

Anyway how ya doing on selling them 300 pairs of binoculars you bought back from Banger's ?  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2016 at 5:56 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

What happened to the WHU boys on here? Used to like reading this forum but seems to have been inactive since late September - bit like the ManU forum ;-)

We have our own lively forums that aren't overrun with hyperactive Spurs fans..

Being a West Ham fan isn't much fun these days anyway. Shit team, shit stadium, and heavy handed security that are ruining the experience even more.

I get more out of watching old youtube clips these days.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Whoever is responsible for the additions to the playing staff during the summer should be kicked out.

Be it Sullivan or Billic

Solution is rebuild Boleyn Ground, get rid of the dross brought in during the summer and sign Remi Moses, one of our best players last season.

As things stand we might just escape relegation this season but not much will change while this mob are in charge and we stay at this embarrassment of a bodged up football stadium.

Edited by Lite Beer

On 07/12/2016 at 2:18 AM, tw25rw said:

They have the temerity to call us pikeys as if Tottenham isn't the arse end of London..

Bit harsh come on your end is an absolute  shi t hole a bit like this wh forum. Dregs just dreggs. A bit like your haircut cone to think of it and as your old man was called razor ruddock.  Learn to use one. Antonio I like him but yh it's gone well stale I think or in your case maybe Fink the fans and surroundings have taken the toll.

Edited by Rc2702

On 8/19/2016 at 11:00 AM, champers said:

You are going to suffer from New Ground Syndrome. Many have had to go through it and more will be suffering in the near future (Spurs and Chelsea). You will have to suck it up and just realise "fings 'aint wot they used to be". This is the 21st Century and whilst we can all yearn for standing on the terraces close to the action, those days are gone (for better or worse).

Yes, but these clubs have real football grounds built to their standards, they don't move into an athletics stadium. Ask anyone who has built a new football stadium if they designed a running track into the architecture? 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2017 at 3:41 AM, uptheos said:

Yes, but these clubs have real football grounds built to their standards, they don't move into an athletics stadium. Ask anyone who has built a new football stadium if they designed a running track into the architecture? 

I have found that although I still dislike the upper tier where my season ticket seat is, lower down, it's actually not too bad. It would make a decent rugby or NFL ground. In Summer config, it would make an excellent Aussie rules ground (apart from not being in Australia obviously...

8 hours ago, wilai said:

Payet's pic needs a bodyguard!:smile:

C2IkIJVXgAAI62J.jpg

It's going to have to be removed so they might as well let people trash it.

I don't like it when the club join in with fan chants etc  on signage.. Chelsea and Arsenal have loads of that and it's crap.

That Karren Brady again proves what a truly repulsive creature she is.  Her comments about Harry Kane were totally unwarranted but i suppose she just can't help herself.

Well done on the win.  We've been the victim too of players going on strike so you have my sympathies

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

My brother went down to the whu 0v5 Man City game last week. His comments:
"The stadium is fantastic from the outside but very underwhelming inside.We were in tier 2 and there was a 30 yard gap between the 2 tiers. One toilet for 5,000 City fans, not impressed."

Yes, the upper tier is bad. I sat up there for the 1st half of the rugby league the other month. Downstairs is much better. Maybe he can try that for the league game on 2/2.

I tend to think of the ground as being like Buckingham Palace.. Big and impressive from outside, but not a great place to live.

I think he means 1 toilet block... Also, as a legacy of its pre-football purpose, most of the toilets seem to be ladies, despite only about 10-20% of the crowd being female on match day.

5 hours ago, tw25rw said:

I have found that although I still dislike the upper tier where my season ticket seat is, lower down, it's actually not too bad. It would make a decent rugby or NFL ground. In Summer config, it would make an excellent Aussie rules ground (apart from not being in Australia obviously...

It was quite sad seeing the Boleyn ground being demolished.

I have many memories as a youngster going there.

8 hours ago, wilai said:

What goes around......:wink:

C2NnJGrXEAArvcN.jpg

I thought about that too, but at least Bilic told Everton they had to wait until the end of the season. This was in the days when Everton and Spurs were 'big clubs' in the eyes of the papers and were linked with every big name player. The only time I saw him play was against us and he got booed every touch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

This is one facet of the modern game that won't see us laughing at your club.

Shitty behaviour this....sign the contract and play football!

Thanks, but to be honest, I'm not at all bothered.. Seen it happen too many times before from players that should have been more loyal than they were: Tony Cottee, Paul Allen, Paul Ince to name but 3.. In a few years, the good times will be over for him and he'll be another has-been with a gut and bad knees, but the club will still be there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, uptheos said:

It was quite sad seeing the Boleyn ground being demolished.

I have many memories as a youngster going there.

Same for me. Have memories going back to 1975. Before me it was my Dad going with his Dad (though that was due to wartime travel restrictions. Otherwise Dad would have been taken to Arsenal!).

Today's kids will never get to lean on a wall spitting distance (literally for some unfortunately) from the players.

I went back a few months ago to be an extra in a (crap) movie. That reinforced the sense of loss, especially as 3 of the 4 stands were quite new and had years left in them.

5 hours ago, tw25rw said:

Thanks, but to be honest, I'm not at all bothered.. Seen it happen too many times before from players that should have been more loyal than they were: Tony Cottee, Paul Allen, Paul Ince to name but 3.. In a few years, the good times will be over for him and he'll be another has-been with a gut and bad knees, but the club will still be there.

Don't forget Slaven Bilic