West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I'm sure he could do what Jordan Henderson does. :)

Those types don't get a look and they epitomise a lion. Kevin Nolan and noble should have got in the frame a lit more with England. Too many fancy dans for far too long. Gutless managers too.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:39 AM, Rc2702 said:

Those types don't get a look and they epitomise a lion. Kevin Nolan and noble should have got in the frame a lit more with England. Too many fancy dans for far too long. Gutless managers too.

Southgate is both gutless and brainless.

Kevin Nolan always kept the door open to play for England; he was qualified to play for the Republic of Ireland but turned them down.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Some silly money being discussed for arnautovic. Decent player but not a penny more than 35m.

I disagree. He had a great season in an average side having a poor season. He would be a handful in any decent side and worth more than that on today's market imo

9 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I disagree. He had a great season in an average side having a poor season. He would be a handful in any decent side and worth more than that on today's market imo

He's 29, 60m or even 45m seems well steep. 

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Its all about market conditions and of course the old adage of something being worth what someone will pay for it.  To that tune you are right and with all the money in the premier league now someones going to pay it, despite his age.  I heard stupid figures of 25m be bounded about on here for Alderweirald, well we'll just have to see won't we but it will be telephone numbers i'm sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 2:56 PM, Phuket Man said:

A lot of money spent on quality players.

Plus a world class manager.

Should be a decent season.

Now over £100 mil and latest  rumour the possibility of signing Maxi Gomez from Celta. 

Great to see the owners  backing the manager with quality players. 

Im not expecting too much early doors but as the season goes on I expect us to kick on 

For once starting the season with a bit of optimism. 

38 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What is your strongest line-up?

Would t have a clue at the moment in all honesty. With 10 new players and many not playing too many minutes thus far I don’t envy Pellegrini picking a starting 11. It’s gonna take a few weeks to see how things pan out before things take shape. 

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Would t have a clue at the moment in all honesty. With 10 new players and many not playing too many minutes thus far I don’t envy Pellegrini picking a starting 11. It’s gonna take a few weeks to see how things pan out before things take shape. 

Wrong answer.

Right answer: zaba and 10 others ?

I'll get my coat.

Not the best of starts but not totally surprising as always going to be a tough  game at Anfirled and many new faces to bed in. 

Defence still a concern as we have bought a lot of offensive players but our defence was the weakest link last season. 

Anyways, onwards and upwards. 

Not the best of starts but not totally surprising as always going to be a tough  game at Anfirled and many new faces to bed in. 

Defence still a concern as we have bought a lot of offensive players but our defence was the weakest link last season. 

You just played one of the title contenders....I wouldn't write your season off just yet.

Gotta be a top half finnish this season but if he does get on that track I'd be worried about him being poached by another club. Maybe he is a loyal boss though but I just don't see the clubs board and pellegrini as a good match long term.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Gotta be a top half finnish this season but if he does get on that track I'd be worried about him being poached by another club. Maybe he is a loyal boss though but I just don't see the clubs board and pellegrini as a good match long term.

They have backed him so far so time will tell. He has a big job of work to get them   In the top half but should be possible with the players he has bought in. I guess he’s like any other manager things will be fine until they stop backing him and his ideas. They will no doubt be expecting a return for the 100million they have invested this window. 

16 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

They have backed him so far so time will tell. He has a big job of work to get them   In the top half but should be possible with the players he has bought in. I guess he’s like any other manager things will be fine until they stop backing him and his ideas. They will no doubt be expecting a return for the 100million they have invested this window. 

I was thinking more about the odd antics of the directors and their family members sometime. Just wonder how it sits with pellegrini. The upside for pellegrini is massive he's a premiership manager again and if he does well teams will be sniffing. 10th is not a big ask with that manager at the helm.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Antonio and Wilshere were well off the pace and don't look fit. I do like Felipe Anderson and Arnautovic would be in any team of mine.

Antonio was  injured for latter part of last season. His biggest asset is his pace so it’s clear when he’s unfit. Wiltshire , well Jury’s out and probably will be all season. He has it all to prove. 

• 3 weeks later...

Weak opposition in the Mickey Mouse Cup but a wins a win. When they scored early I expected panic but to be fair they knocked it about and were patient. How much confidence it gives them playing such a poor side only time will tell but losing would of been a killer. 

Players like Yarmolenko needed the game time as he’s clearly unfit so a few plusses. 

Wolves this weekend will be a good test after their game against City. 

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Have any things improved with the stadium for this season ? Have WHU fans got used to it yet?

I don’t think you will ever get used to it as such. It was a business only decision. It’s not a particularly pleasant place to view and the atmosphere is generally not as good. That said, it’s no excuse for the woeful results. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived