West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You can't park there it's a disabled space" shouted the parking attendant.

"Sorry but there are eleven empty spaces, it's not as if eleven disabled people are going to turn up at once", I replied.

At which point the west ham team bus turned up to disprove my theory

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

Not much of a fan of Moyes Ronnie, but from what I've seen of Noble lately that was an overdue move. Maybe Moyes got that one right.:shock1:

Bilic had left him out too earlier this season. I'd like to see Chicarito or Ayew playing alongside Carroll. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So how's Zaba doing? I read a half season report which said something like his legs might have gone (which is why he moved on) but his spirit still inspires. Hit or miss so far?

Hit. Our best player early on. Has given some free kicks and at least 1 penalty away, but I guess that part of being a defender.

Hart on the other hand..

So how's Zaba doing? I read a half season report which said something like his legs might have gone (which is why he moved on) but his spirit still inspires. Hit or miss so far?

Pretty well summed up I would say. Teams have targeted his lack of pace and playing balls in behind him when he likes to get forward. Left us exposed in quite a few games. Personally I think he still deserves his place. His experience and leadership are still inspirational. The fans can suffer the negatives when you have the right attitude and desire. 

While I empathise with Spurs (majority of City games recently encounter park the bus football), other teams must play to their best advantage, which these days means increasingly attack vs defence in the defending team's half - David vs Goliath with the majority of neutrals understandably rooting for David.

While I empathise with Spurs (majority of City games recently encounter park the bus football), other teams must play to their best advantage, which these days means increasingly attack vs defence in the defending team's half - David vs Goliath with the majority of neutrals understandably rooting for David.

West Ham don't have the class to beat Spurs going toe to toe. It was clear from the side he picked and even in the warm up what the tactics would be. There will be easier battles ahead in the next few games where they will be set up totally different and can go toe to toe with the likes of Huddersfield etc. 

It was a bonus point. It's understandable Spurs fans will be bitter. They couldn't break down a defence with an old man and an 18 year old keeping the Premierships top striker in their pocket. That's where they and City differ and why City are so far ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

West Ham don't have the class to beat Spurs going toe to toe. It was clear from the side he picked and even in the warm up what the tactics would be. There will be easier battles ahead in the next few games where they will be set up totally different and can go toe to toe with the likes of Huddersfield etc. 

It was a bonus point. It's understandable Spurs fans will be bitter. They couldn't break down a defence with an old man and an 18 year old keeping the Premierships top striker in their pocket. That's where they and City differ and why City are so far ahead. 

You could have just left it at "West Ham don't have class".  :smile:

Never seen a caravan parked up like that!!

Just now, carmine said:

You could have just left it at "West Ham don't have class".  :smile:

Never seen a caravan parked up like that!!

Clearly you haven t been watching any games recently. It happens regularly against City but they have the class to still win. 

Our defenders were a class act last night, the goal we scored was a class goal. Our fans were class. Unfortunately Spurs so called class players didn't perform well enough on the night to break down the "classless team" 

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Clearly you haven t been watching any games recently. It happens regularly against City but they have the class to still win. 

Our defenders were a class act last night, the goal we scored was a class goal. Our fans were class. Unfortunately Spurs so called class players didn't perform well enough on the night to break down the "classless team" 

Your fans are class!!!  Yeah, right!!

28 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I agree entirely.

All ten of your defenders did an excellent job.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I agree entirely.

All ten of your defenders did an excellent job.

And all of your 10 attackers couldnt break them down. It happens. That's the difference in Spurs and Man City which Spurs have to address if they want to get anywhere near the title. Not everyone is going to come and play open football and roll over. 

52 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

And all of your 10 attackers couldnt break them down. It happens. That's the difference in Spurs and Man City which Spurs have to address if they want to get anywhere near the title. Not everyone is going to come and play open football and roll over. 

Very true that.

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Unfortunately Spurs so called class players didn't perform well enough on the night to break down the "classless team" 

right on the money.c/sea faced the same tactics and lost .but we blamed ourselves.for not breaking down the ten behind the ball defence.where.s spuds are totally blaming  west hams corrects tactivs at their disposal.really its just another small bottle and more to come

4 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

right on the money.c/sea faced the same tactics and lost .but we blamed ourselves.for not breaking down the ten behind the ball defence.where.s spuds are totally blaming  west hams corrects tactivs at their disposal.really its just another small bottle and more to come

You may be interested to know that West Ham's Andy Carroll is being linked to a move to Chelsea.(BBC Gossip column).

2 minutes ago, champers said:

You may be interested to know that West Ham's Andy Carroll is being linked to a move to Chelsea.(BBC Gossip column).

2 minutes ago, champers said:

really champs?  sure would be a better number two striker then bat kitkat .have him instead of the pest vardy .carroll has had many injuries which have stymied his progress..on whats available he would fit wombats requirement a big bustling num.ber nine .with fortitude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived