West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Not too impressed really. But bringing on Solano for off form Noble and Boa Morte for the injured Ethers was enough to scrape it at 2-1, until Bellamy's goal to seal it at 3-1 against a poor side who even looked capable of even winning it during the 2nd half. But we needed the win, so job done.

Not sure why Zamora wasn't even on the bench - probably still injured ?

l think we have to put that down to luck, sometimes you play badly and get the result.

Solano looked ok when he came on, would'nt mind seeing him get a run in the team, thought Lucas Neill done well today a massive improvement.

l know the boy Jones is a big boy at ' 6 4 ' but Upson never jumped close to him all afternoon, thats why he brought Anton on to steady the ship in the middle.

Not sure about Zamora thought he was back today ???

l think we have to put that down to luck, sometimes you play badly and get the result.

And to be fair, these are that games we would have lost last season.

Solano looked ok when he came on, would'nt mind seeing him get a run in the team, thought Lucas Neill done well today a massive improvement.

I liked the look of Solano too and thought that Lucas played well.

l know the boy Jones is a big boy at ' 6 4 ' but Upson never jumped close to him all afternoon, thats why he brought Anton on to steady the ship in the middle.

I'm trying to remember who went off for Anton ? But it was very late in the game. Was it Gabs ?

Pretty sure that Zamora wasn't on the bench.

But I was really pleased that the subs worked after the moronic "you don't know what you're doing" chants when Noble was subbed. I thought that could have happened earlier , tbh. Bowyer was anonymous as well.

When we've got the injuries sorted - presuming there aren't more - then we've got enough about us to starting pulling the results out I'm sure.

Edited by Happy Hammer

And to be fair, these are that games we would have lost last season.

I liked the look of Solano too and thought that Lucas played well.

I'm trying to remember who went off for Anton ? But it was very late in the game. Was it Gabs ?

Pretty sure that Zamora wasn't on the bench.

But I was really pleased that the subs worked after the moronic "you don't know what you're doing" chants when Noble was subbed. I thought that could have happened earlier , tbh. Bowyer was anonymous as well.

When we've got the injuries sorted - presuming there aren't more - then we've got enough about us to starting pulling the results out I'm sure.

Have to say l would agree with taking Noble off, thought he was very ineffective today he gave the ball away to easily.

Carlton Cole came off for Ferdinand, apart from the goal he was very quiet today, always full of heart but really showing his limitations now.

Thought we looked very light in the midfield today, be good to get Faubert back he was the buisness in pre-season. Bowyer is still willing but not sure his legs are up to it, l know you don't like the fella but l thought he was good in his Leeds days.

Tough game down at Pompey next week should be an interesting one.

Looking on the gossip section of the BBC sport website, they reckon Fulham want Bobby Zamora for 4 mil, hope this turns out to be paper talk.

He done a great job for us last year and lm sure he will carry on giving 110% when he comes back from injury.

Looking on the gossip section of the BBC sport website, they reckon Fulham want Bobby Zamora for 4 mil, hope this turns out to be paper talk.

He done a great job for us last year and lm sure he will carry on giving 110% when he comes back from injury.

Agreed, mate. He's West Ham down to the marrow and gives his all. But given our curent squad (when fit) he's no more than a squad member. Accepted a couple of his performances last year were good, but I'm one who seriously questions if he's a top Premiership player ? Same goes fo Matty if it comes down to it - although he's-stepped up a gear this season.

If he does go to Fulham then he might shine as a very good Championship player next season. :o

Maybe even the Totts might wan't him and Matty back. :D

Agreed, mate. He's West Ham down to the marrow and gives his all. But given our curent squad (when fit) he's no more than a squad member. Accepted a couple of his performances last year were good, but I'm one who seriously questions if he's a top Premiership player ? Same goes fo Matty if it comes down to it - although he's-stepped up a gear this season.

If he does go to Fulham then he might shine as a very good Championship player next season. :o

Maybe even the Totts might wan't him and Matty back. :D

l think Etherington, Mullins, Spector, and Zamora are all squad players now, but l think Zamora's commitment ranks him above the other 3 on this list.

Not sure what has happened to Matty maybe he has'nt got over his injury problems yet ?? Yet to see any of those surging runs down the left flank this year.

Good to see Spurs going so well :D:D:D how the tables have turned.

[

Good to see Spurs going so well :D:D:D how the tables have turned.

Yes they have , instead of Spurs doing well and WHU doing crap , now we're both doing crap, except we're still in the UEFA cup...... :bah:

Oh dear, Chon. You obviously haven't looked at the league table recently. I don't consider 10th to br "crap" considering our horrendous injury list. But third from bottom after spending 50ml and only one major injury that would make the slightest difference to your woeful defence. Still at least you've got Darren Bent to bang 'em in at the other end :D

UEFA Cup ? I won't gloat when you don't progress any further. Honest. :o

I mean, I'm quite used to Spuds telling us what a big team they are and how they were going to be in the top four this season for sure.

"I'm only a poor little sparrer..." :bah:

l think Etherington, Mullins, Spector, and Zamora are all squad players now, but l think Zamora's commitment ranks him above the other 3 on this list.

One glaring ommision there, mate. I don't why Bowyer's even picked, tbh.

Not sure what has happened to Matty maybe he has'nt got over his injury problems yet ?? Yet to see any of those surging runs down the left flank this year.

I really do see a marked improvement in Matty this season. There's no doubt that his off-the pitch problems took their toll in the last couple of seasons. And to be honest his pinnacle was when we were in the Championship. Especially those play-off semi's against Ipswich. Trouble with Matty is that he's a lightweight whose easily marked out of the game without the skill to really take on defenders. But his crossing has been very good from what I've seen this season. But the left wing position is nowhere near being his when Dyer can play there. It looks promising when Faubert gets to play as well, as that'll be both left and right sorted -- hopefully.

Good to see Spurs going so well :o:D:D how the tables have turned.

Oh happy day. :D

One glaring ommision there, mate. I don't why Bowyer's even picked, tbh.

I really do see a marked improvement in Matty this season. There's no doubt that his off-the pitch problems took their toll in the last couple of seasons. And to be honest his pinnacle was when we were in the Championship. Especially those play-off semi's against Ipswich. Trouble with Matty is that he's a lightweight whose easily marked out of the game without the skill to really take on defenders. But his crossing has been very good from what I've seen this season. But the left wing position is nowhere near being his when Dyer can play there. It looks promising when Faubert gets to play as well, as that'll be both left and right sorted -- hopefully.

Oh happy day. :D

Have to say Bowyer was quite ineffective Sunday he gave the ball away to easily, can't wait to see Faubert back, saw him pre-season he looks mustard.

With Matty l think Curbishley has changed his role somewhat, because he defends alot more now, thats not a bad thing but his strength is running down the line and crossing.

[

Yes they have , instead of Spurs doing well and WHU doing crap , now we're both doing crap, except we're still in the UEFA cup...... :bah:

And even though we are both doing crap, you have one reason to be happier than us, you have Defoe :D:D

westhamld8.th.gif

Thought we were outstanding today, Green was a different class today even before the penalty save.

Boa-Morte was great shame he can't do it everyweek, Mullins was much improved and l thought Salano brought stability to the midfield despite 2 of the misses of the season !!!!

Carlton Cole was man of the match thought he was superb, at the end when he came off the rest of the team congratulated him but Curbishley completely ignorned him, really bad man mangement.

At half time when Bellamy came off l really thought the worst, but l think that second half performance was fantastic considering all the injury problems.

Neill got caught out twice out of position he really should just stick to defending.

Well thought out tactics today, Curbishley done well.

Thought we were outstanding today, Green was a different class today even before the penalty save.

Boa-Morte was great shame he can't do it everyweek, Mullins was much improved and l thought Salano brought stability to the midfield despite 2 of the misses of the season !!!!

Carlton Cole was man of the match thought he was superb, at the end when he came off the rest of the team congratulated him but Curbishley completely ignorned him, really bad man mangement.

At half time when Bellamy came off l really thought the worst, but l think that second half performance was fantastic considering all the injury problems.

Neill got caught out twice out of position he really should just stick to defending.

Well thought out tactics today, Curbishley done well.

I saw when Cole got a yellow card curbishley told him " that was <deleted> stupid ".

Maybe he was still a little annoyed with Cole , but still a great game from Carlton and I'm sure all will be forgiven by Curbs on Monday at the training ground :o .

I'm really pleased to see Carlton Cole coming good - long may it last.

I can't wait for the likes Ashton, Dyer , Faubert , Parker, Ljungberg and Collins to get fit. If we then stay with a reasonably fit team, then a top six finish isn't outside of the realms of probability, imo.

a top six finish isn't outside of the realms of probability, imo.

Good luck on that , it would be nice to see another team in the top 6.

:o

Thought Spurs would have got the result today, normally the first game with a new manager is a win, interesting to see how Ramos will do ????

l think it was harsh on Jol getting sacked, and the way they courted Ramos was a disgrace, but thats premership football for you.

Thought Spurs would have got the result today, normally the first game with a new manager is a win...

You may well be right, as Ramos doesn't take over as manager until Wednesday when they play Blackpool in the League Cup. Clive Allen was in charge only for the one game against Blackburn.

l think it was harsh on Jol getting sacked, and the way they courted Ramos was a disgrace, but thats premership football for you.

No fears mate. West Ham we're at it long before the Premiership was even thought about. John Lyall was treated abysmally at the time of his departure.

Good luck on that , it would be nice to see another team in the top 6. :o

I reckon that Spurs may be joining us in a couple of seasons, Chon. If it works out with Ramos that is. Which is by no means certain. Bit of an unknown quantity that one I reckon ? :D

Looking on the club website today l see Faubert is back running, l find that amazing considering what a serious injury achillies tendon ruptures are.

l work as a personal trainer and l have worked with 2 people with achillies ruptures, both of them took over a year to regain fitness so l think Faubert has done well to come this far this quickly.

Looking on the club website today l see Faubert is back running, l find that amazing considering what a serious injury achillies tendon ruptures are.

l work as a personal trainer and l have worked with 2 people with achillies ruptures, both of them took over a year to regain fitness so l think Faubert has done well to come this far this quickly.

I think that the initial assement would be six months out. Which if he starts playing in December would be just about the right length of time that was predicted.

I haven't even seen him play yet. :o

I think that the initial assement would be six months out. Which if he starts playing in December would be just about the right length of time that was predicted.

I haven't even seen him play yet. :o

Saw him pre-season he looked really good, he's very quick with good ball skills, can't wait to see him play.

Check out you tube they have a couple of clips of him.

Good result against Coventry, although reading the report after the game seems we rode our luck a bit. A pal of mine from the UK who watched the game on sky said the ref Rob Styles had a shocker, and West Ham were quite hard done by.

Ferdinand, Noble and Mullins all got injured last night what next ??? Now HH l know your Curbishley man but l think now is the time to say bringing in his old mate from Charlton who not long qualified for his sports science degree, when we had one of the top sports scientists in the country was a very bad move. The season we got promoted and the first season back we had some of the fittest players in the premership.

Now l know some of the injuries we sustained were unavoidable, Dyer for example, but l think questions should be asked.

Curbishley himself admitted in an interview there could well be a problem with the training techniques at the club and bringing in a director of football would be a good move to oversee the injury crisis.

l fully understand Curbishley showing his old pal from Charlton some loyality but was it for the good of the club ???

On the postive side l think the manager has coped very well with the injury problems.

Why did'nt Reid get a game last night, the boy is in tremendous form at the moment, if Curbishley was playing is strongest side Green would have played instead of Wright, so why not Reid ??

Roll on Bolton Sunday, be interesting to see what team we put out.

I watched the game last night on thai tv and IMHO Coventry deserved the win .

They were well uo for it as you would epect after having beaten the mancs in the previous round.

But cup competitions can sometimes be cruel and a lat minute goal from a player in good form ( which should have been disallowed for handball :o ) Carlton Cole settled the tie in favour of the hammers.

I watched the game last night on thai tv and IMHO Coventry deserved the win .

They were well uo for it as you would epect after having beaten the mancs in the previous round.

But cup competitions can sometimes be cruel and a lat minute goal from a player in good form ( which should have been disallowed for handball :o ) Carlton Cole settled the tie in favour of the hammers.

We were utter rubbish. But we won. And who needs Tevez when we've got Carlton Cole. :D

Hammers 1- 1 Bolton

Thought a draw was a fair result today, and l think it would have been a bit harsh on Bolton to go home with nothing.

Lucas Neill was outstanding today, a real captains display.

Really Curbishley did all he could do with a team devasted by injuries, and l think it would be unfair to expect anymore than we saw today.

Nice to see Carlton Cole get the praise he deserves.

Hammers 1- 1 Bolton

Thought a draw was a fair result today, and l think it would have been a bit harsh on Bolton to go home with nothing.

Lucas Neill was outstanding today, a real captains display.

Really Curbishley did all he could do with a team devasted by injuries, and l think it would be unfair to expect anymore than we saw today.

Nice to see Carlton Cole get the praise he deserves.

I'm not sure about the draw, tbh. When we clicked we looked more than capable of scoring the three that I had predicted. :o

Seemed to go tits-up when Paintsil was brought on. Curbs making a defensive substitution when one wasn't necessary ? Bowyer may be next to useless, but I saw no reason to take him off at that stage.

I thought the McCartney and Matty both had very good games.

Still as we're effectively siding a reserve team, then a draw even against Bolt-on can be all bad.