2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, transam said:

Nooooooo, it's Mrs.Trans.............:wub:

Nap1.jpg

Nice photo of the Mrs., Trans, but remember what really pushed me over the top last year was that photo of Hubby holding Mr. Bitey upside down.  So, do you have one of the Mrs. holding one of your cars upside down?

Hubby and Mr Bitey.jpg

17 minutes ago, NancyL said:

So when will the rather confusing list get whittled down to five choices?  In other words, what the deadline for this round of voting?  I'll set my alarm.

Doesn't anyone read anymore?  This is from page one.

"This poll will close at 5pm on Wednesday the 21st of December.

It's place will then be taken by a runoff poll amongst the five top

scores in the above poll based on votes given."

The top scorer in this final poll will be announced ;

2016 Poster Of The Year

5 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

2016 Poster Of The Year

Thank you for your kind and gracious reply, VF.  I will give voting for you my due consideration.  

Here's one of ours....(3)...

Daughter picked him up & put him in a magazine rack under a small table - he slept away most of the afternoon there.....Didn't look the least bit comfortable - upside down, but must have been....Had to wake him to get the pic......

IMG20161218154815.jpg

40 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

2016 Poster Of The Year

The 21st is laundry day.

Can we make it the 20th?

38 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Thank you for your kind and gracious reply, VF.  I will give voting for you my due consideration.  

That's what happens when you live in a house, in a field, in a valley for 40 years.

2 minutes ago, rijb said:

That's what happens when you live in a house, in a field, in a valley for 40 years.

Not to diminish VF's chivalry, but he simply quoted the first post, which apparently was over Nancy's head.  But she has had a difficult year as POTY - repaying all the debts to the complete strangers who signed up to vote for her.

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Not to diminish VF's chivalry, but he simply quoted the first post, which apparently was over Nancy's head.  But she has had a difficult year as POTY - repaying all the debts to the complete strangers who signed up to vote for her.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone with 8 dots under their name should be way ahead of VF.   :post-4641-1156694083:

21 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Kinda like that Madonna promise?

So now it is my fault people are too lazy to read and I have to repost what the OP said from the very beginning.  It is kind of like the guy standing in front of the fruit vendor with a large obvious sign quoting the price and then asking, "How much?".  Certain people simply aren't going to vote for me and I have no plans to pander to their egos.  Some people like me and some people don't, nothing unusual about that.

To clarify another misread, it is 40 years in Thailand not 40 years in Chiang Rai.  The first 30 years were in Bangkok.:smile:

10 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

So now it is my fault people are too lazy to read and I have to repost what the OP said from the very beginning.  It is kind of like the guy standing in front of the fruit vendor with a large obvious sign quoting the price and then asking, "How much?".  Certain people simply aren't going to vote for me and I have no plans to pander to their egos.  Some people like me and some people don't, nothing unusual about that.

To clarify another misread, it is 40 years in Thailand not 40 years in Chiang Rai.  The first 30 years were in Bangkok.:smile:

Oh that is a shame. 

If you were in Chiang Rai 30 years ago we may have met.

Euu, is the stress of the POTY contest getting to be a bit much already VF?  Was it hard going out there today beating out the fires of the early burning season in your Chiang Rai paradise, only to return to your paradise home and find clueless idiots like me asking questions on this thread.  

I know the feeling, from a couple hard years of POTY campaigning myself.  I used too much consumption of red wine after long days spent helping Chiang Mai expats as my excuse.  Did make the contest more interesting.  

7 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well nobody nominated me, time to end it all.

Goodbye Cruel World

LOL

Yes they did. They nominated you when they nominated the baboon / NongKhaiKid ticket which stands for solidarity. Which stands for the best humanity has to offer as do you. You are with us and we with you. Soon we will stand united and victorious, my friend..

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Yes they did. They nominated you when they nominated the baboon / NongKhaiKid ticket which stands for solidarity. Which stands for the best humanity has to offer as do you. You are with us and we with you. Soon we will stand united and victorious, my friend..

Fear not GB, get your weapon and join us on the walls.

They Can't Handle The Truth.

Practice the words of ' We Shall Overcome ', no need for castration as it's not necessary to actually sound like Joan Baez.

11 hours ago, NancyL said:

So when will the rather confusing list get whittled down to five choices?  In other words, what the deadline for this round of voting?  I'll set my alarm.

Deadline for voting in this round is 5pm Wednesday the 21st of December.

The final 5 will be declared AM on the 22nd of December.

4 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I just noticed the dots. What do the dots mean?

It appears, I think, to be an indicator of behaviour. The more dots the better behaved the poster, fewer dots means the poster has been previously cautioned or sent on holiday, it lets us all know whether a poster is worth replying to and/or the likelihood they might become abusive.

Edited by chiang mai