2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

The POLL final to decide the  2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR is now open for business.

Each member can select one vote only.

Please note that (unlike previous years) you cannot change your vote once you have submitted it.

Once you click "Submit Vote" that's it, so check your vote carefully.

The poll will run till 5pm on Wednesday the 28th of December 2016 and then closed.

The 2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR will be announced shortly after a check for any irregularities.

By all means comment in this thread, but any and all "nasty" or off-topic posts will be removed, forum rules are NOT suspended and free holidays are available.

Have as much fun and banter as you like but please abide by forum rules at all times,in particular but not only those listed below.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Any finalist that is granted  a ban or posting suspension from anywhere on the forum during the course of this poll will be disqualified.

Previous poll can be found here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/958203-2016-poster-of-the-year-poll/#comment-11416781

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May the best man win and I would like to say how refreshing it is to see that no candidates fell into the baiting trap that was cunningly set. The next round is far more serious, as it involves personal security and asset protection, and I hope that there are no casualties this year.

12 hours ago, NancyL said:

Ron, you wrote the OP like 7 hours ago?  Oops, sorry we're not suppose to question the actions of a mod.  So sorry.

Correct that has been set up for some hours but there were a couple of edits along the way.

It was hidden elsewhere and couldn't be posted on here until the other poll had been closed

and the votes were totalled the and new poll set up.

OK, I'll start off with the first qualifying question.  OK, Hubby has taken me to Borneo to do Rotary projects with the local indigenous population for Christmas.  (after I stepped of the airplane and realized what he'd organized for a holiday, I said I'd really rather have just had a vacuum cleaner)  Anyway, as we go to these little villages, I've noticed that the dogs and cats are really, really in bad shape.  There's something to be said about the Thai culture of allowing stray animals to live at the wats where the monks take care of them.  

So, here's my question for the lucky 5 -- tell us about the animals in your household and your efforts to improve the lot of animals.

Just now, NancyL said:

OK, I'll start off with the first qualifying question.  OK, Hubby has taken me to Borneo to do Rotary projects with the local indigenous population for Christmas.  (after I stepped of the airplane and realized what he'd organized for a holiday, I said I'd really rather have just had a vacuum cleaner)  Anyway, as we go to these little villages, I've noticed that the dogs and cats are really, really in bad shape.  There's something to be said about the Thai culture of allowing stray animals to live at the wats where the monks take care of them.  

So, here's my question for the lucky 5 -- tell us about the animals in your household and your efforts to improve the lot of animals.

Here we go .....A fine question from a stalwart member who has worn the crown.

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

Here we go .....A fine question from a stalwart member who has worn the crown.

What do you mean "has worn"  That tiara is still mine until ... oh drat wait a moment, I can't possibly go back and figure out when this round ends.

If any of you have itchy fingers, I would seriously advise you to wait before you vote, as the true nature of the remaining 5 has yet to be revealed. Sorry Nancy! I didn't realise you were the reigning holder. Obviously, you will have to hand over the crown to the new winner, and I am sure VF will post a map to make the journey a liitle easier (he is such a thoughtful guy)

Jingthing endorses transam. I will do everything in the power of my frail pale keyboard damaged teeny tiny hands to ensure his inevitable and decisive victory. Don't delay. Get on board the transam transport today. It may not be pretty, it may be bald, but it runs on time.

Bail for the chief! His excellency transam - - Duke of the Early Bird special.

Update ................

So, we now have the final 5 candidates, and while they have all shown themselves to be fine upstanding members of the TV community, here are the latest media reports ... just in .....

• Guesthouse is so happy he has announced free lodgings for a whole year (this year only)
  • Naam is happy, but then he's always happy, and who wouldn't be if they needed a map to find the bathroom
  • Nongkhai kid is so confident of success that he has invited baboon to share the spoils
  • Village Farang has not changed his program, he still tirelessly tries to improve the lives of all around him
  • Transam is not bothered either way, as he has everything he needs, and more besides. Mind you, he wouldn't turn his nose up at a chance to sing publicly.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jingthing endorses transam. I will do everything in my power to ensure his inevitable and decisive victory. Don't delay. Get on board the transam transport today. It may not be pretty, it may be bald, but it runs on time.

Who are you and what have you done with Transam?

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jingthing endorses transam. I will do everything in the power of my frail pale teeny tiny hands to ensure his inevitable and decisive victory. Don't delay. Get on board the transam transport today. It may not be pretty, it may be bald, but it runs on time.

Political pressure is being applied

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Congratulations to the finalists. I am happy with all 5 choices. Sadly I have but one vote to give, so give up your dignity in the most entertaining way and you can have it.

Fank gawd that didn't read virginity....I read it twice...

b0260.gif

34 minutes ago, geronimo said:

If any of you have itchy fingers, I would seriously advise you to wait before you vote, as the true nature of the remaining 5 has yet to be revealed. Sorry Nancy! I didn't realise you were the reigning holder. Obviously, you will have to hand over the crown to the new winner, and I am sure VF will post a map to make the journey a liitle easier (he is such a thoughtful guy)

Winner collects

Ron - I like the idea that the results cannot be viewed before voting, that's a really good idea.

Maybe consider not posting status of the votes so that many people will be voting somewhat blind.

Edited by chiang mai