2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

Still not decided. I've disagreed with them all at one time or another (with the exception of Transam, which makes him Mr. Too Nice.) so it is still up in the air as far as I am concerned. 

Never followed the previous years' events. But this one seems to be quite civilized so pop in every now and then to see who is bitching about who. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Still not decided. I've disagreed with them all at one time or another (with the exception of Transam, which makes him Mr. Too Nice.) so it is still up in the air as far as I am concerned. 

Never followed the previous years' events. But this one seems to be quite civilized so pop in every now and then to see who is bitching about who. 

I could turn nasty if you like..... b0209.gif

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Can we get some RUNNING VOTE TALLIES here?!?

What about those of us that have held back our votes.

We have no idea about that and choosing SHOW RESULTS instantly DISENFRANCHISES people from voting. 

I'll do that for you but why not just look at the top of each page.

3 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

I'll do that for you but why not just look at the top of each page.

I haven't voted so I see nothing. :post-4641-1156694572:
You get that right?

If I choose SHOW RESULTS, I forfeit the right to ever vote.

MANY of us I'm sure are waiting for later in the game and knowing the TALLIES is certainly very relevant to later voters.

So I find your post rather bizarre actually. Do you want more voters to disenfranchise themselves? 

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I haven't voted so I see nothing. :post-4641-1156694572:
You get that right?

If I choose SHOW RESULTS, I forfeit the right to ever vote.

MANY of us I'm sure are waiting for later in the game and knowing the TALLIES is certainly very relevant to later voters.

So I find your post rather bizarre actually. Do you want more voters to disenfranchise themselves? 

do not log in and then go to the topic and see the current votes.

Simple and has been mentioned a few times here.

17 minutes ago, WhamBam said:

do not log in and then go to the topic and see the current votes.

Simple and has been mentioned a few times here.

With nearly 75thousand posts Jingthing no doubt doesn't know how to log out.

I get why people campaign "for" but don't get why some people campaign "against", especially when some of those who do campaign "against" don't have a particular bias "for", what's that all about then? I suppose the same question can be asked of people who troll, they appear closely related. Constructive criticism is one thing, as is criticism of a particular aspect of an opponents beliefs/opinion, but to ridicule and/or destroy for the sake of it strikes me as a personality disorder or similar and people like that need to be watched carefully. And why such behaviour only on the internet, because it's safe and anonymous perhaps, isn't that just plain cowardly? I mean, we don't get MP's in the House debating in this manner, not only because there are rules that govern behaviour but because if people were to attempt similar they would be laughed at for not being up to literary scratch.

As a wise man once said, never destroy unless something you have something better to put in its place.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:08 AM, Naam said:

for more than a decade i received extremely valuable advice by reading and of course by asking questions. assisting in technical, financial or any other matters to the best of my knowledge is my thanks for this advice.

reading rubbish between hard working hours (no work permit!) is my substitute for reading cartoons and quite often a temporary cure of my extremely low blood pressure. some of the forum topics i discuss with my dogs during leisure times who are very much interested and attentive because the discussions are accompanied by treats such as a variety of smoked sausages from continental Europe, wild boar ham and cheese.

Could you give me some advice, please? I'm on a 17-year overstay, my turtle is sick and my mom in law needs a new lover, aeeh liver. Please page me...

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Just dealt with a bloke near me that I have helped out a lot.......For sure a narcissistic bloke...Easy solution but he chose his crazy thought......His wife has to deal with it daily..

Did you bury him near the lake? 

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Just dealt with a bloke near me that I have helped out a lot.......For sure a narcissistic bloke...Easy solution but he chose his crazy thought......His wife has to deal with it daily..

But Tranny there's a whole host of medical conditions that impact a persons behaviour and attitude, some psychological some physical, narcissm  is just one that you are personally aware of. If we only allowed debates on forums such as these to include people with zero medical or psychological issues, membership would drop from 50,000 down to 3! It would be easy to assign afflictions to many members here: is poster X a obsessive compulsive because he posts so much; does person Y have serious anger management issues; does person Z displaying schizophrenic tendencies, and so on, none of which means their opinions shouldn't be heard and respected and they should suffer troll or destructive attacks. But honestly, I think you're looking at the issue the wrong way around, I don't think it's the poster who has the illness I think it's the destructive attacking trolls who are unwell.

Edited by chiang mai

A serious question for our five finalists.

You all seem to have your own specialties ranging from fixing cars to helping dogs.

What have you done to assist the needy, in particular the needy farand (as this is forum primarily for farang).

Have any of your threads or posts directly or indirectly assisted our balcony divers?

It would seem that you (or the majority) are in relationships and/or are financially secure.

So, what life changing advice have you imparted on our members?

4 minutes ago, sipi said:

You all seem to have your own specialties ranging from fixing cars to helping dogs.

What have you done to assist the needy, in particular the needy farand (as this is forum primarily for farang).

Have any of your threads or posts directly or indirectly assisted our balcony divers?

It would seem that you (or the majority) are in relationships and/or are financially secure.

I respect each individual's right to screwup his life anyway he sees fit. 

3 minutes ago, sipi said:

Via PM's..........But any posts I have made to "help" l very rarely get notification of helping out or fixing their dilema...I am OK with that though....

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

I get why people campaign "for" but don't get why some people campaign "against", especially when some of those who do campaign "against" don't have a particular bias "for", what's that all about then? I suppose the same question can be asked of people who troll, they appear closely related. Constructive criticism is one thing, as is criticism of a particular aspect of an opponents beliefs/opinion, but to ridicule and/or destroy for the sake of it strikes me as a personality disorder or similar and people like that need to be watched carefully. And why such behaviour only on the internet, because it's safe and anonymous perhaps, isn't that just plain cowardly? I mean, we don't get MP's in the House debating in this manner, not only because there are rules that govern behaviour but because if people were to attempt similar they would be laughed at for not being up to literary scratch.

As a wise man once said, never destroy unless something you have something better to put in its place.

There's a fair bit of "history" between a lot of posters on TV.

Some people have moved on and others have long memories.