2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas to everyone and let me say thank you to all who have voted, regardless of who you voted for.  Some of you already have strong feelings about me and nothing I say will change that but for those who know little about me except that I have lived in Thailand a long time and take pictures, here are some facts about me.  This is for those who don’t really care about posting history and view this as a personality contest.

I am a serious person.  I hate karaoke, I don’t smoke or drink and never have, I do not believe in gods or magic, I have never been divorced or had kids, I receive no government handouts, I have car insurance but no other form of insurance.  I am very much in love with my wife but before I met her, in my early forties, I spent twenty years as a single guy enjoying the nightlife of Bangkok, while living a very respectable daytime life.

I lived in Bangkok for thirty years before moving to Chiang Rai, nearly ten years ago.  I am not into doing things to draw attention to myself.  I had my time on Thai television when I was young, and while I enjoyed the notoriety for a while, I am not a natural entertainer and did not look forward to the actual performances.  When it is time to talk, my preference in one on one sitting in a comfortable chair sipping on a strong coffee.  I do not need a group or competitive pressure to motivate me in my hobbies.  I like brief spontaneous encounters with other people but I do not need people on a daily basis and I do not join groups.

My life is blessed with good health, love, companionship, comfort and convenience.  I have a great wife, a lovely house, wonderful views, healthy hobbies, entertaining pets, a few toys and a continuing appreciation for the beauty that surrounds me.  I have been told my happiness quotient and good fortune in life are offensive to some but I am not sure what I am expected to do about that.

I am not asking for your vote and I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with the other fine posters who have been selected this year.  I am just saying, like me, hate me or simply don’t care, this is who I am.  For those who need a visual, here is a photo my wife had taken two years ago to mark my sixtieth birthday.

VF at 60.jpg

4 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Merry Christmas to everyone and let me say thank you to all who have voted, regardless of who you voted for.  Some of you already have strong feelings about me and nothing I say will change that but for those who know little about me except that I have lived in Thailand a long time and take pictures, here are some facts about me.  This is for those who don’t really care about posting history and view this as a personality contest.

I am a serious person.  I hate karaoke, I don’t smoke or drink and never have, I do not believe in gods or magic, I have never been divorced or had kids, I receive no government handouts, I have car insurance but no other form of insurance.  I am very much in love with my wife but before I met her, in my early forties, I spent twenty years as a single guy enjoying the nightlife of Bangkok, while living a very respectable daytime life.

I lived in Bangkok for thirty years before moving to Chiang Rai, nearly ten years ago.  I am not into doing things to draw attention to myself.  I had my time on Thai television when I was young, and while I enjoyed the notoriety for a while, I am not a natural entertainer and did not look forward to the actual performances.  When it is time to talk, my preference in one on one sitting in a comfortable chair sipping on a strong coffee.  I do not need a group or competitive pressure to motivate me in my hobbies.  I like brief spontaneous encounters with other people but I do not need people on a daily basis and I do not join groups.

My life is blessed with good health, love, companionship, comfort and convenience.  I have a great wife, a lovely house, wonderful views, healthy hobbies, entertaining pets, a few toys and a continuing appreciation for the beauty that surrounds me.  I have been told my happiness quotient and good fortune in life are offensive to some but I am not sure what I am expected to do about that.

I am not asking for your vote and I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with the other fine posters who have been selected this year.  I am just saying, like me, hate me or simply don’t care, this is who I am.  For those who need a visual, here is a photo my wife had taken two years ago to mark my sixtieth birthday.

VF at 60.jpg

Nice post.....Guess I can't sing you a song then......:sad:

Like you I live here too, though I do drink beer...........:stoner:

We are all different in our stuff and that's how it should be, be ourselves. You, me and many others bring thoughts and smiles all year round on TVF and that's why WE have been recognised with this fun thread...Let's just hope WE ALL remain healthy to carry on our thing...

Edited by transam

32 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

For those who need a visual, here is a photo my wife had taken two years ago to mark my sixtieth birthday.

your facial expression is exactly what i expected. but i expected more hair.

when this picture was made i did not smoke, i did not touch any alcohol,  i could to 50 push-ups and healthwise i was top fit.

today i can do only 40 pull-ups. 20 with my left eyelid and 20 with my right one. i feel great but my health does not. :whistling:

na.jpg

5 minutes ago, Naam said:

when this picture was made i did not smoke, i did not touch any alcohol,  i could to 50 push-ups and healthwise i was top fit.

today i can do only 40 pull-ups. 20 with my left eyelid and 20 with my right one. i feel great but my health does not. :whistling:

na.jpg

I truly believe that's a picture from you in your younger days, as I can clearly notice the similarities with the one in your avatar, which I assume is a more recent picture.

14 minutes ago, Naam said:

na.jpg

Naam, have you ever been to Australia?

That face rings a bell from the show Crime Stoppers:P

Edited by Will27

23 minutes ago, Naam said:

na.jpg

It seems to also predate that small mountain range growing down the center of your skull.

Hey all.....

Did I miss much? Read a little while on an un-requested holiday.....:post-4641-1156694606:

Tried to find the latest best seller "JT - The Man Behind Transam" on Amazon but it hasn't quite hit the charts just yet....

Saw a couple of mug shots and wondered what the charges were....

Thought about posting one of myself just to have somebody sporting hair - but - having to mime my way through over the past week or so didn't work out to be a very easy task.....Not sure if I lost or gained dots along the way....:post-4641-1156694005:

Looks like the race is shaping up nicely (with the mods help keeping it on the light side).....Some solid choices (characters/personalities) to work through/vote for......

I owe a few PM replies and I'll catch up - I couldn't respond before - sorry....

So - let's liven it up around here - getting close to the finish line....

:partytime2:

2 hours ago, Poopa said:

I truly believe that's a picture from you in your younger days, as I can clearly notice the similarities with the one in your avatar, which I assume is a more recent picture.

we have a winner! :smile:

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Naam, have you ever been to Australia?

That face rings a bell from the show Crime Stoppers:P

yes, several times vacationing in the 90s. we even had plans to retire in Australia but then the goal posts were changed (i believe that was 1998). i confess that i committed a few times the crime driving on the right side for a few seconds and then suffered the punishment by my wife screaming LEEEEEFFFFTTT!

6 hours ago, Naam said:

na.jpg

youve  got TWO eyes? u  selfish  barsteward!!:shock1: