2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

does the poster of the year winner receive some sort of monetarily valuable prize or is it simply the inferred honor and status  ???

No money.

It is simply the dishonor and lower status.

16 minutes ago, sipi said:

A serious question for our five finalists.

You all seem to have your own specialties ranging from fixing cars to helping dogs.

What have you done to assist the needy, in particular the needy farand (as this is forum primarily for farang).

Have any of your threads or posts directly or indirectly assisted our balcony divers?

It would seem that you (or the majority) are in relationships and/or are financially secure.

So, what life changing advice have you imparted on our members?

I know where you're coming from, but at the end of the day it's not a paid-for service, so I couldn't give a tinker's toss if they helped anyone or not. As far as TV's concerned, they've likely generated significant revenue through all the 'quality' (:tongue:) content/images.  :smile:

How about a RUNOFF between Naam and transam?

Especially considering the problem of so many potential voters being DISENFRANCHISED early in this polling, wouldn't that create a result that was more SOLID?

At this point, transam will almost definitely be POTY this year, but look at the percentages he's got. About 33 percent. That's hardly any kind of DECISIVE MANDATE, is it?

A mano a mano RUNOFF would at least give one candidate at least 50 percent!:intheclub:

If not, it could be another case of doubts, regrets, and notmyPOTY hashtags! 

Edited by Jingthing

2 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

No they don't get anything. But I am proposing that the top 10 be banned from posting/commenting for 3 months to give others a chance the next year. 5555

They cannot get degrees in 3 months.......But wait.............. Dope Slap emoticon (Fighting Emoticons)

11 minutes ago, transam said:

We get 10 dots in the colour of our choice..... Slap in the Face emoticon (Fighting Emoticons)

i will confess it has always been a repressed dream for me to win that prize. too painful to let the thoughts of the dream come to the surface because in my heart i know it could never be bestowed upon an ordinary person like myself.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Especially considering the problem of so many potential voters being DISENFRANCHISED early in this polling, wouldn't that create a result that was more SOLID?

All five contestants were impacted to a similar degree hence no need for any runoff. BTW what's not solid about 53 to 37!

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

i will confess it has always been a repressed dream for me to win that prize. too painful to let the thoughts of the dream come to the surface because in my heart i know it could never be bestowed upon an ordinary person like myself.

You never know. If you become best friends with a lady that's recently been given bail after she has been sentenced to death, you may have less opposition in future. Nominations could become a dangerous accolade.

Hey, we could have separate VOTE to see if  two man RUNOFF is desired!?! How about them apples? 

Seriously, especially considering this year's POTY lacks the excitement and drama of VOTE CHANGING, wouldn't a two man runoff add the needed SPICE to this year's event? 

transam ... what about it ... are you up to the challenge of a one on one? Wouldn't winning with over 50 percent be all the more SWEET for ya? 

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hey, we could have separate VOTE to see if  two man RUNOFF is desired!?! How about them apples? 

Seriously, especially considering this year's POTY lacks the excitement and drama of VOTE CHANGING, wouldn't a two man runoff add the needed SPICE to this year's event? 

transam ... what about it ... are you up to the challenge of a one on one? Wouldn't winning with over 50 percent be all the more SWEET for ya? 

That is a great idea.

Whoever is declared winner has a "run-off" with someone. 

Then that winner has a "run-off" with someone. 

Then......

As many of you know, it's very common in election systems for there to be mandated RUNOFFS if one of the choices fails to reach a majority, over 50 percent. Well, it seems obvious by now that in this FIVE person thingie, no choice is going to come even close to 50 percent.

Assuming the winner in this current race is going to win by getting about 25 to 35 percent of the vote, consider what that would mean. It would mean that 65 to 75 percent of the voters did NOT vote for the winner! Seems like WEAK TEA to me! 

strongtea.jpg

That's the extent of my advocacy for a ONE on ONE runoff between the two top choices, assuming it stays this way, nobody actually reaching a MAJORITY.

Beyond that ... up to y'all ... 

Edited by Jingthing

36 minutes ago, atyclb said:

does the poster of the year winner receive some sort of monetarily valuable prize or is it simply the inferred honor and status  ???

The winner gets 100 million dollars, and 15 minutes to claim it in person from a country to be announced when the poll closes

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As many of you know, it's very common in election systems for there to be mandated RUNOFFS if one of the choices fails to reach a majority, over 50 percent. Well, it seems obvious by now that in this FIVE person thingie, no choice is going to come even close to 50 percent.

That's the extent of my advocacy for a ONE on ONE runoff between the two top choices, assuming it stays this way, nobody actually reaching a MAJORITY.

Beyond that ... up to y'all ... 

Did you "actually reach.. a majority"!

Did Nancy "actually reach.. a majority"!

I rest my case.

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

At this point, transam will almost definitely be POTY this year, but look at the percentages he's got. About 33 percent. That's hardly any kind of DECISIVE MANDATE, is it?

A mano a mano RUNOFF would at least give one candidate at least 50 percent!:intheclub:

If not, it could be another case of doubts, regrets, and notmyPOTY hashtags! 

I bet you would have asked for another BREXIT vote, another TRUMP vote too.

Why are there so many sad 'remoaner' type people who simply cannot accept a democratic vote for what it is and abide by the rules?

Too much of this not liking the poll results and wanting to change them.

Sad people IMHO.