TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

webfact

2 hours ago, old hippy girl said:

Could someone please provide links to alternative ways to get Game of Thrones?    I am so low tech, but will have to figure it out  Thanks.  Winter is finally coming.

It would be downright demonoid of me to suggest that you look for torrents, especially extratorrent.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had called in seeking discount yesterday, 29 December, and was told would be called back.  They called today, spoke to the wife and said HBO was NOT now being dropped.  But the channels would change.  Go figure what will occur

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Yea, me thinks the wife and True rep had a misunderstanding.

Well maybe. Given the shambles that has been Truevision's handling of the process, spokespersons for the company may be punch drunk with what is to be said to unhappy customers to persuade them not to cancel.

21 hours ago, MJCM said:

I agree 100% with this, but unfortunately your solution doesn't work for everyone because you need to have at least reliable / fast internet to do this and not everyone (myself included) here in Thailand have this.

Yes I understand but you don't need anything more than 10Mbps. I use a power line and it works fine. Good luck anyway.

8 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes I understand but you don't need anything more than 10Mbps. I use a power line and it works fine. Good luck anyway.

5555 10 Mbps. I'm lucky if in peak hours 16-22:00 (and in weekends and Holidays during the day) I get 0.5 Mbps

Edited by MJCM

Well if it is a fact that they are dropping the movie channels as soon as I can find a decent alternative here in Sattahip I will cancel my Platinum package which we have had since True started. They will certainly feel the repercussions of they bad business judgement. Some companies take their customers for granted. When this happens most times the wheels fall off.  

My sympathy goes out to you then.

Thx but no need for that I can manage but unfortunately I'm stuck with Truevisions, but will seriously start looking at the other SAT suggestions offered in this Thread (Astro and the one from Myanmar)

Compared to HBO/Cinemax (which are admittedly a bit stale and repetitive) these token "replacements" (Warner TV, Sony Channel, Paramount, Fox Action Movies, Celestial Classic Movies, Food Network HD) are simply pathetic and mostly unwatchable. True Visions can expect thousands of complaints, cancellations and lost revenue. After paying for Platinum package many years we're now downgrading to Gold, why pay 600 baht more for a couple of worthless channels? and eventually if they don't bring back HBO it's game over. Torrents and internet streaming will replace their ignorant short-sighted <deleted>. They made a failed decision when it comes to expat customers. 

On 12/30/2016 at 3:58 AM, jgm005 said:

I had called in seeking discount yesterday, 29 December, and was told would be called back.  They called today, spoke to the wife and said HBO was NOT now being dropped.  But the channels would change.  Go figure what will occur

As all can see the wife got it all wrong. I called in twice today (01/01/17) and spoke to two different CSR's about the 'where is the discount' I requested 29 December.  "Oh sorry sir we can not give now".  Nothing more can be said.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Based on comparison of the new channels to the now gone HBO channels, it's like exchanging a gold medal and getting a bronze medal in return for the same price.

Bronze seems generous!

If anyone finds KODI or torrents too challenging to use,

try IFLIX has lots series ,movies, only 100 Thb per month,

try it 1 month free, missing news channels, Filmon,all

UK free channels,plus SKY news, Aljazeera  ,online free.

or pubfilm.com, lots series,current movies.no sign in.

so theres plenty to watch,without paying too much.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

Compared to HBO/Cinemax (which are admittedly a bit stale and repetitive) these token "replacements" (Warner TV, Sony Channel, Paramount, Fox Action Movies, Celestial Classic Movies, Food Network HD) are simply pathetic and mostly unwatchable. True Visions can expect thousands of complaints, cancellations and lost revenue. After paying for Platinum package many years we're now downgrading to Gold, why pay 600 baht more for a couple of worthless channels? and eventually if they don't bring back HBO it's game over. Torrents and internet streaming will replace their ignorant short-sighted <deleted>. They made a failed decision when it comes to expat customers. 

I noticed that the Paramount channel actually stops the movie in order to run channel promos. That happened to Urban Cowboy as I was channel surfing this morning. Also noticed on another one of the replacement channels they were running a Steven Seagal movie and bleeping out the curse words. It's all actually worse than I expected.

I'm sure it just a matter of getting older, but it seems the older I get the less desire I have to watch movies...or maybe that's because of the nature/subject of movies now days.  I prefer to watch news, TV series, documentaries, history, scientific type shows.    Now, I still like to watch movies, just not nearly as much as I use to.