TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

webfact

On 1/5/2017 at 9:37 AM, Pib said:

I got above mentioned discount on 27 Dec when I called TrueVisions.   I called again this morning to "confirm' I was actually getting the discount....they connected me over to the Billing Dept...talked to a rep with really good English....and it was confirmed...30% for 3 months.  And the discount is on the basic Bt2,000 Platinum subscription only as I expected; not on the box rental, VAT, etc.  So the total discount will be Bt600/mo.

I also ended the conversation with a 30 second reminder to them the new channels are in no way equal to or better than the channels they replaced.  And unless channel line-up on the Platinum package improves in the near term I'll be cancelling my subscription or at least downgrading to the Gold package....also mentioned I already have free-to-air C-band satellite TV in my house already and have expanding IPTV choices...we then closed the conversation with they usual pleasantries of Thank You, Have a Nice Day, etc.  

Got my January bill today....it included the Bt600 discount.

Also today in a separate mailing I rec'd True's Black Card which provides discounts/reward points with certain businesses.   And the card also acts as a "prepaid Mastercard."   You fund the card's wallet with x-amount and then use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted, online or at a store...refund the wallet as necessary.

But where I had seen earlier reports that 1,000 rewards points would be provided to Platinum package users, the documentation/letter (in English and Thai) accompanying the card said nothing about that.   I've got this True Black Card previously over the years (seems they show up every couple of years) and I just trash it as I wasn't interested in its rewards program and I already have credit cards which pay me 1.5% cash back for every purchase....and also have debit cards.    

Actually, since this is just a prepard credit/debit card (i.e., you must fund first) when it's used for a purchase True will earn an interchange fee of a couple of percent from the merchant just like how regular regular credit/debit cards work....so your use of the card makes True money.  I guess such card could come in handy if you didn't already have a debit or credit card.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, yea, just noticed something to today.  One of True's new, exciting channels, specifically the Warner Brothers (WB) channel, is one of the free, repeat, free TV channels included with AIS Fibre internet/TV.   But there is one difference....the broadcast of the WB channel on True is 37 seconds ahead of the WB channel on AIS Fibre.    

Oh, yea, just noticed something to today.  One of True's new, exciting channels, specifically the Warner Brothers (WB) channel, is one of the free, repeat, free TV channels included with AIS Fibre internet/TV.   But there is one difference....the broadcast of the WB channel on True is 37 seconds ahead of the WB channel on AIS Fibre.    

And, excitingly, Warner Bros channel shows 2 episodes of Friends every day ?

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Things I've learned from the New True offer ....

Jennifer Anniston was even hotter 20 years ago.

The Top Gun sound track has not aged well

Beverly Hills Cop III is even worse than II which was worse than 1

Supergirl, Arrow and The Flash are all the same story

Mississippi Burning was a fine movie

I need to get out more

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

I need to get out more

The hot girls are on CNBC.

True Vision eliminated 8 channels the last 6 months and replaced 5HBO and Cinemax with substandard content.

Platinum members are still charged 2,155baht despite all channels loss and substandard replacement.

1000 True points is totally worthless. Who wants to spend time and money at any True related business after this blatant rip off?

Everyone I know, cancellling True Visions.  15-30% off temporarily discount after cancellation notice is just not enough, too late and too cheap from this company which treat customers like crap.

IPTV is the present and future.

Channels 01 June 2016 01 January 2017
40 True 4U -
179 Bein Sport -
223 HBO HD Warner TV HD
224 HBO Hits Paramount HD
225 HBO Signature Sony Channel
226 HBO Family HD True Film
227 Cinemax HD Fox Action Movies HD
228 Red By HBO HD Celestial Classic Movies
247 M Channel -
451 Discovery Kids -
563 Discovery Science -
564 EVE -
565 DMAX -
569 National Geographic

-

3 hours ago, pon2007 said:

True Vision eliminated 8 channels the last 6 months and replaced 5HBO and Cinemax with substandard content.

Platinum members are still charged 2,155baht despite all channels loss and substandard replacement.

1000 True points is totally worthless. Who wants to spend time and money at any True related business after this blatant rip off?

Everyone I know, cancellling True Visions.  15-30% off temporarily discount after cancellation notice is just not enough, too late and too cheap from this company which treat customers like crap.

IPTV is the present and future.

Channels 01 June 2016 01 January 2017
40 True 4U -
179 Bein Sport -
223 HBO HD Warner TV HD
224 HBO Hits Paramount HD
225 HBO Signature Sony Channel
226 HBO Family HD True Film
227 Cinemax HD Fox Action Movies HD
228 Red By HBO HD Celestial Classic Movies
247 M Channel -
451 Discovery Kids -
563 Discovery Science -
564 EVE -
565 DMAX -
569 National Geographic

-

Cbeebies and BBC Entertainment (can't now remember the numbers) need to be added to your list of channels which were alive and kicking on 1 June 2016 but no more as at 1 January 2017.

And True's own Explore Life documentary channel (560) is effectively no more as far as we farangs are concerned since it now only screens Thai-language programmes.

In fairness to True, though (although extremely grudgingly), the Bein channel has now morphed into 4 separate channels (676 to 679). That said, True are currently in the process of eliminating all English-language content on these 4 channels, it would appear.:post-4641-1156693976:

15 minutes ago, OJAS said:

That said, True are currently in the process of eliminating all English-language content on these 4 channels, it would appear

I just checked and all 4 still have the English Commentary. Just use the Audio button or set in the Menu English is your 1st Audio Language (Standard Installation by the True Engineers is that Thai is your 1st Audio Language.

On 1/6/2017 at 8:20 PM, Kinnock said:

I need to get out more

Sorry. Top Gun has an amazing soundtrack.

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Sorry. Top Gun has an amazing soundtrack.

I agree considering it was originally recorded on 8 track tape and in black & white...it was colorized years later.

On January 6, 2017 at 7:01 PM, Pib said:

So out of the replacement channels we got:

- (True film 2) is exactly the same as Ch222 except delayed by an hour or so

- WB is a free channel on other networks

- Celestial isn't even English language (and without English subs like Red used to have) so is basically like removing a channel

22 minutes ago, CanInBKK said:

<snip>

- Celestial isn't even English language (and without English subs like Red used to have) so is basically like removing a channel

My wife loved the HBO-RED channel, but this Celestial is an alternative but with it's share of problems (according to my wife)

• Audio is mainly Chinese, only a Few movies have Thai
  • The Movies are oooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllddddddddd
  • Less then Half the screen is for the movie, while the rest is used for their Logo's
Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

Ummm you're talking about the 1955 western called top gun?

No...just trying to add a little satire to the old movies being shown on True's "new & exciting" channels which replaced HBO....but I do expect the 1955 western Top Gun will also be shown soon along with the original Wizard of Oz.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Didn't the broadcasting commission just have the enquiry about fees vs  new content.... does anyone have any follow up on that, which they can share?

Next meeting with True by the commission is supposedly scheduled for tomorrow/10 Jan.

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Next meeting with True by the commission is supposedly scheduled for tomorrow/10 Jan.

As is usually done in these cases, plenty of brown envelopes will be stuffed in their pockets and all will be fine and dandy..

Just now, kotsak said:

As is usually done in these cases, plenty of brown envelopes will be stuffed in their pockets and all will be fine and dandy..

I also think the general public/customers were welcomed to the meeting as the commission wanted to get more feedback (complaints) from customers.

12 hours ago, MJCM said:

There's an article in today's Nation which indicates that the regulator remains unsatisfied with True's solution. The piece also mentions a website called Fongdi, which has a form you can submit signalling your 'displeasure' with these developments  (button to switch to English in the bottom right corner.) Don't know what will come of it but I assume the more people that sign, then the more chance of True back down and providing extra new channels or a fee reduction. Over 1,000 people have signed so far. 

Here's the article realfunster mentioned.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30303778

TV ROW CONTINUES

January 10, 2017 01:00 

The dispute over TrueVisions’ cancellation of HBO movie channels remains unsolved, with the broadcasting regulator still requesting a better remedy.

Today the regulator will meet with the country’s biggest pay-TV operator and a representative of thousands of disgruntled subscribers. 

TrueVisions insisted in its latest statement that its remedial measures offered to subscribers of its Platinum and Gold packages were appropriate and fair. 

However, Supinya Klangnarong, chairwoman of the subcommittee on consumer rights protection at the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, said yesterday that the proposed plan from TrueVisions was not enough to compensate about 300,000 consumers. 

She also invited Peerapat Foithong, chief executive officer of Fongdi.com, a legal consulting start-up site, to join the meeting, as more than 1,100 people had registered to take legal action against TrueVisions.

On 1/9/2017 at 4:45 PM, MJCM said:

I just checked and all 4 still have the English Commentary. Just use the Audio button or set in the Menu English is your 1st Audio Language (Standard Installation by the True Engineers is that Thai is your 1st Audio Language.

The only Thai-language content (regardless of the audio setting) at the start of the current EPL season was the live match-day punditry before, after and at half-time of the main EPL game shown on Bein 1. But now, when a number of EPL games are being played simultaneously, the main match on Bein 1 is constantly interrupted by goal flashes in Thai from the other games, which mars my viewing experience to such an extent that I now consciously avoid watching a live EPL game on Bein 1 if other games are being played at the same time. In addition I have observed over the past couple of months the introduction of EPL and even La Liga trailers exclusively in Thai. And to cap it all, True have since the start of 2017 been airing their own Thai ads on the Bein channels - most irritatingly right slap bang during the middle of an interesting interview on "The Keys & Gray Show" last Friday! Admittedly the Thai language content on the Bein channels is nowhere near 100% at the moment, but it certainly seems to be heading that way rapidly.

The only Thai-language content (regardless of the audio setting) at the start of the current EPL season was the live match-day punditry before, after and at half-time of the main EPL game shown on Bein 1. But now, when a number of EPL games are being played simultaneously, the main match on Bein 1 is constantly interrupted by goal flashes in Thai from the other games, which mars my viewing experience to such an extent that I now consciously avoid watching a live EPL game on Bein 1 if other games are being played at the same time. In addition I have observed over the past couple of months the introduction of EPL and even La Liga trailers exclusively in Thai. And to cap it all, True have since the start of 2017 been airing their own Thai ads on the Bein channels - most irritatingly right slap bang during the middle of an interesting interview on "The Keys & Gray Show" last Friday! Admittedly the Thai language content on the Bein channels is nowhere near 100% at the moment, but it certainly seems to be heading that way rapidly.

I guess everyone is different, but I like the goal updates from other games during the live match. It's useful for keeping up with your Fantasy League points.

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I guess everyone is different, but I like the goal updates from other games during the live match. It's useful for keeping up with your Fantasy League points.

I personally much prefer the way PLTV do this (or at least certainly used to do in the CTH era) by prominently displaying a caption in the bottom left-hand corner of the TV screen each time a team in 1 of the other matches being played at the same time scored a goal. PLTV did experiment for a short time with a similar split-screen arrangement to Bein's, but soon reverted to the caption format (maybe following negative feedback from their viewers?). 

Edited by OJAS

5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

TrueVision - all is forgiven.  Just found out they are re-running the original Linda Carter Wonder Woman series. 

Alright!!!!   A girl in a tight one piece swimsuit with a whip.   Don't get no better than that (at least with TrueVisions now).   I sometimes have dirty dreams of her using the whip on me.