Gen Preecha defends undeclared house

webfact

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Further, this guy should have enough brains and common sense to do things by the book and not make troubles for his brother and for the reputation of his wider family. Especially when it comes to land ownership and correct documentation.

A brainless fool!

Oh, I'm sure he does have the brains and common sense to do things by the book, but it seems to me that this is a case of sheer arrogance, of being above the law and knowing it. To call him a fool is to make excuses for this kind of conduct.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is your view, my view is that far more people have been jailed and far more investigations have been started then before. Your entitled to your opinion of course. However stunts like this discredit all of that. 

Who has been jailed for corruption? Investigations, investigations, committee's more committee's, nearly 3 years now with unlimited power without recourse- where are the prosecutions, the reform? Nothing. 

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Not true, the ball has started to roll, and be honest it will take years and even decades to achieve any massive impact and reduction.

Absolute rot, they could make huge inroads within days if they wanted to. But they don't for excruciatingly easy reasons to see why.

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

Oh, I'm sure he does have the brains and common sense to do things by the book, but it seems to me that this is a case of sheer arrogance, of being above the law and knowing it. To call him a fool is to make excuses for this kind of conduct.

I was wondering about that, would it be arrogance.. or incompetence. I guess arrogance is better than incompetence.. because otherwise it would mean his role as general would not have been acquired on merit. 

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Who has been jailed for corruption? Investigations, investigations, committee's more committee's, nearly 3 years now with unlimited power without recourse- where are the prosecutions, the reform? Nothing. 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/09/06/yellowshirt-leader-sondhi-jailed-20-years-fraud/

There are other high profile cases but I am too tired to go after all of them. Fact remains many people have been jailed for fraud..corruption and so on far more as under YL. Not to mention that YL with her amnesty wanted 20.000 corruption cases to go away. So its quite easy to say more has been done because under YL they were going backwards. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/09/06/yellowshirt-leader-sondhi-jailed-20-years-fraud/

There are other high profile cases but I am too tired to go after all of them. Fact remains many people have been jailed for fraud..corruption and so on far more as under YL. Not to mention that YL with her amnesty wanted 20.000 corruption cases to go away. So its quite easy to say more has been done because under YL they were going backwards. 

what a cop out. So lets say 10 people in 3 years! Wow, that is incredible. With all their power to. Yes they sure do look like they are serious about tackling corruption!

Edited by smutcakes

Just now, smutcakes said:

what a cop out. So lets say 1 people in 3 years! Wow, that is incredible. With all their power to. Yes they sure do look like they are serious about tackling corruption!

Just gave you one high profile..there are more on the red side.. just took this one so you would not say it was political. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I was wondering about that, would it be arrogance.. or incompetence. I guess arrogance is better than incompetence.. because otherwise it would mean his role as general would not have been acquired on merit. 

Not good either way, is it? I'm still sticking with arrogance as I don't believe that an out and out moron could rise that high even in a corrupt institution.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Just gave you one high profile..there are more on the red side.. just took this one so you would not say it was political. 

Political or not political there are a handful of people, all of whom probably long passed their usefulness. Its pathetic and yet you still there bleating on about them tackling corruption, in the face of this thread title.

I am just intrigue by Veera Somkwamkid turnaround and exposing junta PM brother alleged corruption. Isn't he a extreme right wing, anti-democracy, military supporter, ex-Thai Patriot and ex-Pad. He praised the Prayut for the coup and urge him to emulate China in cracking down on corruption. Man with deep affection for totalitarianism and called for Chinese execution style against corruption. Just like many yellow shirts, they see through this junta facade and false pretense to rid corruption while supporting corruption in his own backyard and his cronies.     

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

Not good either way, is it? I'm still sticking with arrogance as I don't believe that an out and out moron could rise that high even in a corrupt institution.

No its not good either way.. and I hope your right. 

9 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am just intrigue by Veera Somkwamkid turnaround and exposing junta PM brother alleged corruption. Isn't he a extreme right wing, anti-democracy, military supporter, ex-Thai Patriot and ex-Pad. He praised the Prayut for the coup and urge him to emulate China in cracking down on corruption. Man with deep affection for totalitarianism and called for Chinese execution style against corruption. Just like many yellow shirts, they see through this junta facade and false pretense to rid corruption while supporting corruption in his own backyard and his cronies.     

Does it really matter, its only good that (possible) corruption is exposed. Here its a breach of rules could be corruption. I wish more people would do this. I have yet to see this on the red side.. they seem to always stick together and hide the corruption. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Does it really matter, its only good that (possible) corruption is exposed. Here its a breach of rules could be corruption. I wish more people would do this. I have yet to see this on the red side.. they seem to always stick together and hide the corruption. 

Does matter a lot to see the dirty alliance between the yellow shirts and the military is falling apart. More people could have exposed the military corruption if there are no arbitrary arrest, AA, military courts and deaths in the cells. This is such a opaque and dark times for courageous people, activists and students to step up. Don't worry about the red shirts corruption. The corruption agencies and courts are working overtime and bending the rules to get them.    

45 minutes ago, baboon said:

"...sheer arrogance, of being above the law and knowing it."  Agree.

I also wonder what other games of arrogance the 'red carpet' wife is up to.

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Does matter a lot to see the dirty alliance between the yellow shirts and the military is falling apart. More people could have exposed the military corruption if there are no arbitrary arrest, AA, military courts and deaths in the cells. This is such a opaque and dark times for courageous people, activists and students to step up. Don't worry about the red shirts corruption. The corruption agencies and courts are working overtime and bending the rules to get them.    

Yawn yawn yawn.  Did you recheck the now ages old playbook again this morning?

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Oh but your friend smutcakes says nothing has been done against corruption... strange that two on the same side can have such different views.

Oh I agree that its good that the army is losing some of its support, too much power in ANY camp is no good. IMHO the army has been in power long enough now its time for elections. 

48 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Absolute rot, they could make huge inroads within days if they wanted to. But they don't for excruciatingly easy reasons to see why.

Or perhaps they are tryint o take it through a process. Or perhaps you'd like to see shot on sight regardless of process as currently in the Phils.

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Yawn yawn yawn.  Did you recheck the now ages old playbook again this morning?

You really need to keep up. This is today news and nothing have change. The crony corruption and the intimidation are as current and thriving as day the coup started. 

53 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Political or not political there are a handful of people, all of whom probably long passed their usefulness. Its pathetic and yet you still there bleating on about them tackling corruption, in the face of this thread title.

Government minister from former government and senior public servants not high enough profile for you smutty? How about a PM being prosecuted for negligence in office?

26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Or perhaps they are tryint o take it through a process. Or perhaps you'd like to see shot on sight regardless of process as currently in the Phils.

Or they could simply do something. Like make it illegal for top police and military to be paid by private companies as 'advisors'. They wont stop it though as they all have similar perks.

So nothing as severe as Phillipines, there is plenty of low hanging fruit here should they wish to take simple steps.

31 minutes ago, halloween said:

Government minister from former government and senior public servants not high enough profile for you smutty? How about a PM being prosecuted for negligence in office?

How about a PM being prosecuted for negligence in office indeed? Negligence isn't corruption any more than drunk driving is, as far as I can see.

32 minutes ago, halloween said:

Apples and pears Halloween. Key word prosecution even though all high profile.

So much confusion here ...

We did not get our "House  number" until the house was build and had windows and doors. We had the plans approved by City Hall and asked for the house number, etc.

City Hall (in Pattaya) told us that the land needs to have a building with windows and doors before we get a house number. And thats exactly how it went. No need for bribes or arguments ....

The Electric Company gave us a "Temporary Meter" while we where building, and changed it once we got the house number.

Ohh, one more thing, we are NOT in a "village", just a plot of a street ...

luudee

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

How much does a fully furnished house like this cost?

A lot depends on where the land is situated, what the land status is, chanote etc, size of the land and that is before you get to the building stage.

It seems to be on something between 2 and 4 rai, beside a metalled road with power, water and what looks like fibre optic cables for internet. It is also a stand alone house or at least I cannot see any other one close.

Fully furnished depends on the number of rooms, quality of the furniture etc but as a general estimate I would think around 40 to 60 million baht.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

A lot depends on where the land is situated, what the land status is, chanote etc, size of the land and that is before you get to the building stage.

It seems to be on something between 2 and 4 rai, beside a metalled road with power, water and what looks like fibre optic cables for internet. It is also a stand alone house or at least I cannot see any other one close.

Fully furnished depends on the number of rooms, quality of the furniture etc but as a general estimate I would think around 40 to 60 million baht.

In short, a very very expensive house unaffordable for a salary man like Preecha. Hard for any bank to loan base on his salary. Unless he got highly valued collateral which again brings to question as to how a salary man acquire those assets. Maybe from inheritance after splitting between siblings. 

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

When we purchased our block it came with a number, we had our address prior to building commencing.  How did he register the land without a lot number?

If it is undeclared sorry doesn't exist it does not have a number. Must be a B*t*h to have so many properties you loose count.