Another female teacher assault on a young child - but this time the parents buy her excuses

webfact

Another female teacher assault on a young child - but this time the parents buy her excuses

a4.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Thailand has been rocked by yet another vicious attack on a primary school student by a female teacher.

But this time the family have accepted the teacher's excuses for attacking their child and agreed to let bygones be bygones.

The latest incident happened at a private school in Ao Luk, Krabi. The victim was an eight year old boy in P3 (Year 4) who was shown on Facebook with multiple lacerations to the back of both of his legs.

His crime? Not being able to divide two numbers correctly.

The pictures and story outraged many online after another story from Pathum Thani did earlier this week.

But this time the parents attended a meeting at the school and dropped the case after hearing the teacher say:

"I love your child like he was my own. I just punished him to help him focus on his studies because he was getting behind in his mathematics. I meant him no ill will".

In forgetting all about it the parents just suggested that an alternative punishment be sought in future.

The teacher did manage an apology adding that she felt sorry after seeing the pictures of the wounds she had inflicted.

Unlike the child in the Pathum Thani case that is set to go to court, the victim this time said that he was not afraid to go to school and didn't hate the teacher - he just hated mathematics.

While many Thais online were appalled at the latest beating of a school child others suggested that the student must bruise easily.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-29

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad I don't have kids in Thailand.

What a hell hole these schools are.

"how much is 12 divided by 3?"

"6"

"wack"

"8"

"wack"

"4"

"wack. oh sorry. that correct. sit down and bleed over there"

Edited by NCC1701A

1 hour ago, webfact said:

"I love your child like he was my own. I just punished him to help him focus on his studies because he was getting behind in his mathematics. I meant him no ill will".

Someone should alert the relevant authorities about potential child abuse in this persons household if they consider assault to be a form of love. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

While many Thais online were appalled at the latest beating of a school child others suggested that the student must bruise easily.

Yes, how dare this child bruise. 

Can't do their maths either. 

Some children are just beyond salvation.

How dare they make their teacher look bad. 

(Sarcasm alert)

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The teacher did manage an apology adding that she felt sorry after seeing the pictures of the wounds she had inflicted.

Not true. 

She felt sorry that others had seen pictures that reveal her violent tendencies. 

She is clearly out of her depth as an educator if this is how she reacts when children do not understand something. 

Edited by Bluespunk

This is ridiculous, I have worked in education on 4 different continents, and never in any country except Thailand would gross misconduct (basically criminal behaviour against a child) be not only accepted by either the school directors, parents, or relevant educational / law enforcement authorities.

It is simply scandalous for a school's management to sit idly by and allow their staff to abuse the students in such a way without any sanction at all.  By the teacher in question's own words, the assaulted student was behind in mathematics, so surely this would shake a professional teacher into action and bring them to take the student to one side and provide some one to one guidance around different methods the student could use. Shame should be heaped on all parties (except the boy) as the precedent set here is disgusting to put it mildly.

I work in a school in Thailand. My fellow teacher saw a Thai teacher trashing a bunch of kids. He watched for a bit, then pulled out his phone and pretended to take photos of her. It was an old phone and didn't even have a camera on it. He just pretended. The Thai teacher went livid, screaming and shouting at him with a face full of rage. Goes to show they know it's wrong.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Unlike the child in the Pathum Thani case that is set to go to court, the victim this time said that he was not afraid to go to school and didn't hate the teacher - he just hated mathematics.

Well done that teacher. 

A child who now hates a subject. 

For the "did me no harm brigade" out there, this is the harm violence in the classroom does. 

2 minutes ago, Jimjim1968 said:

I work in a school in Thailand. My fellow teacher saw a Thai teacher trashing a bunch of kids. He watched for a bit, then pulled out his phone and pretended to take photos of her. It was an old phone and didn't even have a camera on it. He just pretended. The Thai teacher went livid, screaming and shouting at him with a face full of rage. Goes to show they know it's wrong.

No, they just don't want to get caught doing it. 

The justification the teacher used in this story shows that the inept and incompetent still think violence works. 

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, Jimjim1968 said:

Of course they do. Every Thai teacher knows it's against the law. But they still do it....they same way they are supposed to wear a helmet when riding a bike. They just don't care about rule of law in this country and leave everything up to fate. 

just sad.... of course you know what is coming, soon.... the NEST version of this with a twisted sense of " see they did it, so can we."

Oh, regarding discipline issues and learning approaches, I still like when that Thai Female instructor threw down that students phone in class and broke it."

However, hitting a child... in the guise of a learning approach, thus the next time this "so called, educator" F up, a good Kick in the behind by her Ajaan Yai would be acceptable.

Ok.... Sooooo, I'm just gonna go out on the streets, find some unsuspecting child.....and beat that said child just for fun and nothing will happen to me! And when the parents and police arrive I will just say the child looked suspicious and needed a beating, then I will offer 50,000 Baht in compensation and all will be ok!

It  seems some shop workers must not have been beaten enough, buy something for 25 Thb,tender 100 Thb, and they use a calculator, maybe the next female teacher ,will use the time of the month,as an excuse, for beating a child.

regards worgeordie

....so when does the news starting coming in about student and their English studies?   Ops, Somchai spelt, frist, wrong... let's see what is the punishment... have him write the word ten times? Or should little Somchai be given the stick 100 times?

Is this teacher behavior more prevalent in rural schools, or heaven's no, in international schools?

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am so glad I don't have kids in Thailand.

What a hell hole these schools are.

"6"

"wack"

"8"

"wack"

"4"

"wack. oh sorry. that correct. sit down and bleed over there"

Ur not very good at maths either, Did u attend school here?  ??

A nation where generations of students were brought up under suppression, violence, and blind obedience is producing a society reflecting exactly this. As a result road rage, killings and domestic violence become a widely accepted normality. Thai version of "c'est la vie".