Palestinian woman shot by Israeli police 'was attempting knife attack'

rooster59

Palestinian woman shot by Israeli police 'was attempting knife attack'

606x341_353692.jpg

Israeli police say a Palestinian woman, shot and injured by security forces on Friday, had been trying to carry out a stabbing attack.

They say she was armed with a knife as she moved towards guards at the Qalandia checkpoint in the West Bank, outside Jerusalem, and was hit in the legs after ignoring calls to stop.

Witnesses say the woman lay on the ground for nearly an hour as guards checked her for explosives, before being taken for treatment.

Amid a wave of stabbings, shootings and vehicle attacks by Palestinians targeting Israelis, Palestinians have accused Israeli police and soldiers of using excessive force against assailants, saying that many could have been stopped or detained without being killed. In several cases, Israel has opened investigations.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-01

32 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Another life wasted for no good reason

Yeah, tell that to the people who sent her to be a ' martyr ' filling her head with propaganda garbage that she's dying for the cause while surprise, surprise,

continue to live in lap of luxury....

53 minutes ago, impulse said:

I share your sentiments, but according to the OP, she's not dead.  Gotta concede credit for that, even if it's grudgingly.

Still, the soldiers have a shoot to kill standing order, although some of them are trying to avoid a senseless killing, however, the people that send these mostly young people to almost a certain death, what for? to make a point? and after thousands of dead, wasn't the point made already?....

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah, tell that to the people who sent her to be a ' martyr ' filling her head with propaganda garbage that she's dying for the cause while surprise, surprise,

So you were on the site where it happened at the time and you personally know that the Palestinian lady was a terrorist.

I often wonder on any thread about the Israelis and the Palestinians if many of the posters have been conditioned by Ivan Pavlov.

Most of them are either pro Israeli which means that Israel is never wrong and the others are pro Palestinian and are sure that Israel is always wrong.

Neither side believes or trusts the other, and there is a paucity of independent news from that region, so who to believe?

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

although some of them are trying to avoid a senseless killing, however, the people that send these mostly young people to almost a certain death, what for? to make a point? and after thousands of dead, wasn't the point made already?....

you mean the IDF conscripts right?

8 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Another life wasted for no good reason.

I met a Palestinian teenage woman when I worked at a summer camp, many years ago.  She was one of the most decent people I've ever met.  She said she wanted to become a lawyer.  

I wanted to be a fireman when I was five years old.

Edited by geriatrickid

8 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I met a Palestinian teenage woman when I worked at a summer camp, many years ago.  She was one of the most decent people I've ever met.  She said she wanted to become a lawyer.  

But she didn't say it as she was coming at you with a knife.I'm sure there are lots of decent Palestinians, but the one referred to in this thread was a potential murderer. Scum of the earth IMHO.

Reminds me of a mate I used to go fishing with. As he was about to dispatch a fish that was wriggling he'd say "Stand still, I'm only gonna kill you". Reading some of the posts, I think they'd like the IDF to do the same as the doomed fish.

Edited by jesimps

49 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Reminds me of a mate I used to go fishing with. As he was about to dispatch a fish that was wriggling he'd say "Stand still, I'm only gonna kill you". Reading some of the posts, I think they'd like the IDF to do the same as the doomed fish.

What a load of inflamatory B.S.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

I wanted to be a fireman when I was five years old.

And did you become a fireman?

I wanted to join the RAF when I was 10.

When I was 15 1/2, I did, for nearly 25 years.

I followed my dream.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

But she didn't say it as she was coming at you with a knife.I'm sure there are lots of decent Palestinians, but the one referred to in this thread was a potential murderer. Scum of the earth IMHO.

I have a problem here.

I have chased this story all over the internet and all I can find from the original is that it was tweeted by the Israeli police that there was an alleged attack by a knife wielding Palestinian woman.

I have seen a couple of CCTV videos and nowhere could I find any video of the incident.

So it seems that the original report came from the Israeli police and the only witnesses seem to also be the police. They supposedly fired warning shots in the air before shooting her in the legs and leaving her on the pavement for over an hour.

Unlike many of the posters I sometimes try to dig a bit deeper if I can.

Maybe there isn't much information about this incident because, sadly, it's not a very unusual situation for a Palestinian terrorist to attempt a knife attack and end up wounded or so called martyred. We don't even have her name in the story. I don't think there's anything particularly suspicious or surprising about this story. To the Israel demonization agenda that demonizes the IDF, the fact that she didn't die and is receiving medical care would actually go against their narrative. 

Edited by Jingthing

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe there isn't much information about this incident because, sadly, it's not that a very unusual a situation for a Palestinian terrorist to attempt a knife attack and end up wounded or so called martyred. We don't even have her name in the story. I don't think there's anything particularly suspicious or surprising about this story. To the Israel demonization agenda that demonizes the IDF, the fact that she didn't die and is receiving medical care would actually go against their narrative. 

I had a silly thought that there would be CCTV cameras all over the place there and it would have been seen and recorded for playback to the press. I did see a couple of CCTV videos on the internet but nothing showing this incident. If there was a record it would prove the police story one way or the other.

Perhaps the Israeli police got their CCTV from the same place that Thailand got theirs and the Thai version always seems to be "not working" just when you need them most.

Good news that she survived. If she's proven to be a terrorist, time for prison. I don't see the point here of excessive speculation or conspiracy theories about this one case. I can see that her friends and family would care but bending over backwards to fabricate coverups, I just don't see the point. Is anyone denying that there have been many Palestinian knife attacks? Are they all faked by the Israelis? Please. I don't think anyone is saying that the IDF always behaves properly either. It's a conflict zone.

GET REAL. 

Edited by Jingthing

15 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

She wasn't killed, and none of us knows her reasons. People have different motivations, and as I find myself saying now and then - "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

There are many decent Palestinians. There are many decent Israelis. There are even decent people on both sides ending up killing each other.

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

I really doubt anyone sent her, not with such an amateurish action (if that was, indeed, the intent). There is, relatively, a high number of women among those killed in similar situations. A few posts on previous topics discussed possible reasons for this, which were supported by rather will informed reporter's take and post event evidence. Not all attacks are politically or religiously motivated.

Lap of luxury...? What's that about?  

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

Still, the soldiers have a shoot to kill standing order, although some of them are trying to avoid a senseless killing, however, the people that send these mostly young people to almost a certain death, what for? to make a point? and after thousands of dead, wasn't the point made already?....

There are no shoot to kill standing orders. There's a rather clear process of contesting a suspected person, and then there are regulations for shooting under emergency and risk of life situations.

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

So you were on the site where it happened at the time and you personally know that the Palestinian lady was a terrorist.

I often wonder on any thread about the Israelis and the Palestinians if many of the posters have been conditioned by Ivan Pavlov.

Most of them are either pro Israeli which means that Israel is never wrong and the others are pro Palestinian and are sure that Israel is always wrong.

Neither side believes or trusts the other, and there is a paucity of independent news from that region, so who to believe?

IMO, "pro Palestinian and are sure that Israel is always wrong.", is more of an anti-Israeli position, rather than a pro-Palestinian one. Don't think it's quite the same thing. Could be applied with regard to the other "side", but a bit more variety there.

There's no lack of independent news sources, but granted that even so there's often a bias involved. Language limitations also play a role. The other thing is lack of follow up - there's a headline, a story short on details, and a whole lot of opinionated hot air follows.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have a problem here.

I have chased this story all over the internet and all I can find from the original is that it was tweeted by the Israeli police that there was an alleged attack by a knife wielding Palestinian woman.

I have seen a couple of CCTV videos and nowhere could I find any video of the incident.

So it seems that the original report came from the Israeli police and the only witnesses seem to also be the police. They supposedly fired warning shots in the air before shooting her in the legs and leaving her on the pavement for over an hour.

Unlike many of the posters I sometimes try to dig a bit deeper if I can.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe there isn't much information about this incident because, sadly, it's not a very unusual situation for a Palestinian terrorist to attempt a knife attack and end up wounded or so called martyred. We don't even have her name in the story. I don't think there's anything particularly suspicious or surprising about this story. To the Israel demonization agenda that demonizes the IDF, the fact that she didn't die and is receiving medical care would actually go against their narrative. 

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

I had a silly thought that there would be CCTV cameras all over the place there and it would have been seen and recorded for playback to the press. I did see a couple of CCTV videos on the internet but nothing showing this incident. If there was a record it would prove the police story one way or the other.

Perhaps the Israeli police got their CCTV from the same place that Thailand got theirs and the Thai version always seems to be "not working" just when you need them most.

The name of the woman wounded is Jihan Hashimeh, 35yo, from Isawiya, Jerusalem. Her lawyer accepted that she had a knife on her person, but claims that it was in her bag and that she did not intend to carry out an attack. Security forces say she tried to conceal an item (the knife) from view while approaching. She will be interrogated by the police after her medical situation stabilizes.

The story was reported by AFP (and therefore, a whole lot of of instances on media), which is also the sources of many of the available pics. As expected, local media outlets provided more details later on.

Official CCTV footage is not often publicly released in such cases, and usually not prior to interrogations. It's not usually a question on "not working" as we often witness in Thailand.

19 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

She was shot in the legs and she laid on the ground for over an hour as security checked her out for explosives before taking her for treatment.  

20 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

What the h... are you talking about? She tried to kill an Israeli police officer so she got shot. She knew full well that this would happen. Maybe she wanted to become one of the 72 virgins up there so she could please some other martyr.

20 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

There are very decent girls, who want to become lawyers, in Israel too.

43 minutes ago, johna said:

Google it, I cant be bothered supplying you with all the links.

In other words, you provided a link that does not support your post, and then can't be bothered to back it up.