Where to buy frozen curly fries in Bangkok?

Mak25

I have seen them before,but like a lot of products when they

are sold out you never see them again,a couple of years ago

there was a couple of people in the local market ,making and

selling them, they had small machine,put the potato on a spike 

and turn the handle and you got curly fry type potato,which they

then fried,but I suppose the price of potatoes did not make it 

profitable,yesterday the wife paid 50 Thb Kg for them.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, anotheruser said:

I love curly fries and have not seen them in a store in Thailand ever. Believe me I have searched high and low for them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I've never seen them either in countless visits to frozen food sections. I wasn't looking for them but I do buy frozen fries quite often, straight-cut and shoestring.

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2017 at 7:16 PM, Thainess said:

Don't buy them! They are terribly bad for your health and will cause you to get cancer and heart disease.

This is true,, but most package foods and anthing containing animal protein will cause heart disease, cancer, diabetes etc (if eaten regularly).

the only true foods that dont do this are vegetables and fruit.

anything else has a nasty thing waiting for you after 4 decades of consumption.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Mak25 said:

Thx, still no luck. It's not about the shape but the seasoning.

I found these once at Makro about 3 years ago. Next time I went back they were gone. Makro seems to get a bunch of overstock or things that an importer might have tried and ultimately decided was not viable.

Now, I make them myself when I really have the craving. Find a Thai shop that sells stainless equipment to food vendors, and a big one will usually have a potato spiralizer. Thai restaurants use them for presentation of all kinds of vegetables. You won't exactly get the correct square springy shape, but it is close enough to pretend. Then it is just corn flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder (tough to find...buy it online), salt and chili pepper to taste. Use a milk/egg mixture to apply the batter to the potato.

After a few attempts you'll be making them just like Arby's back home. You will need to develop some techniques for the potatoes, like dehydrating them in an oven and double frying. Nothing you can't learn about online with some study and experimenting.

I've been thinking about commercializing them, but Thais don't seem to respond to them the way farangs do. Probably not a realistic opportunity. Might be possible to come up with something Thais would like by making them sweeter. Ever tried that TyChef paprika powder? Yuk. It's nasty. But Thais love the stuff.

Anyway, suggest you learn to make them yourself. It is unlikely you will find a reliable supply of them anywhere.