Watch out! Drones flying around / monitoring Condos

siam2007

1 hour ago, asianscouser said:

Wow, did you even manage a smile mate? It's also called "British humor" no offense bud. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I hail a few miles from your origins and injected a bit of humour into my reply! (You missed a vowel!!!!)

Edited by jacko45k

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hail a few miles from your origins and injected a bit og humour into my reply!

It's all good mate. I actually can't believe how many miserable heads there are here. (Thailand) One day, someone will return my friendly GOOD MORNINGS or say HELLO! Back. Reminds me of London sometimes. People look sad to be alive :)

I have very sharp vision and live on a high floor in a corner unit in the ekkamai area and I have seen drones in Bangkok.  Both times they did not appear to be hovering or attempting to spy on anything, they were traveling.  The first time I saw them it was a whole swarm of them, like more than a dozen, traveling parallel to sukhumvit road-from about 1-2 km, heading from the phrom phong area to out of the city-they flew by.  They were so small I could not make out the shape of them, they just looked weird and they were not birds or insects and they were flying high so as to make them invisible.. I think clearly designed to be stealth so that you could not see them but I could see them. I posted on TV as soon as it happened and people said "What are you smoking?"  Nothing, I saw them. The second time it was single drone and again traveling in that same direction, it appeared to be a cylindar or some sort and it was wobbling, it did not appear to be the 4 propeller deals I see sold in stores.. and again the first time I could not make out their shape at all.  Secret drones are real and some agency around here is screwing around with them.

Edited by pkspeaker

On 1/1/2017 at 9:51 PM, gk10002000 said:

Yes, but if you transmit enough power to jam the drone, you may be violating whatever the Thai version of the USA FCC or other RF regulatory agency is.  If you can tune to the exact frequency the drone uses, than you would probably be OK.  I assume the Drone command links have some sort of low level encryption or command packet ID check so that one drone doesn't interfere with another Drone that uses the same general RF Frequency.  I work on the Global Hawk and X47B large UAVs and they in general can't interfere with other vehicles, barring total bandwidth or channel saturation.  I don't know much about the small individual personal use drones that are out there

If you have a signal generator that will transmit in the operational frequency band of the quadracopter, you should use a yagi antenna with multiple director elements to give your antenna as much gain as you can get.  

Since a yagi is a directional antenna you would point it at the quadracopter, causing interference to the command signals.  It may then, land on its own, or crash.  

Alternatively, if you have a reciever capable of tuning to the frequency bands of the command signals, you may use the yagi and may be able to locate the remote operator of the quadracopter.  

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&safe=off&biw=1093&bih=541&q=build+a+yagi+antenna+for+2.4+ghz.&oq=build+a+yagi+antenna+for+2.4+ghz.&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30k1.4814.14648.0.14998.18.17.0.0.0.0.255.1721.14j2j1.17.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..1.16.1630...0j0i7i30k1j0i8i7i30k1j0i5i30k1j0i8i30k1j33i160k1.uJydHfn_3Yw

On 1/3/2017 at 7:03 AM, asianscouser said:

Wow, did you even manage a smile mate? It's also called "British humor" no offense bud. :)

Ah, that unassailable bastion of wit that is british humour. 

Comedy so very sublte and enlightened outsiders must be told it has occured.

as some have mentioned, jamming the signal may not do much.  Some drones have an auto return logic in the event of lost communications.  They won't necessarily just fall out of the sky.  But if they do auto return to the launch point or pre defined recovery point, that probably will accomplish your goal of getting the thing out of your window