How to confirm Trial Deposit? (Bangkok Bank)

Your bank may tell you over the phone if calling their Call Center number.  Otherwise, you'll need to go to your bank and ask....they pull a report identifying the amount of foreign currency that arrived (i.e., the trial deposit amounts).

And  someone might say, well, look at the date the trial deposit posted to your account....take that baht amount and look up the exchange rate for the day....then do some math with that info to determine the foreign currency amount arriving.  

Problem with that approach is it's not uncommon for a bank to have several exchange rate updates during the day and you may not know which exchange rate was used. Plus, with trial deposits ranging from 1 penny to 99 cents (or maybe it's up to 1 dollar), with such a small amount....say two deposits for 8 cents and 4 cents, your math is going to have some "rounding" done by you to get it back to an even cents amount....you round the wrong way to get to an exact penny amount and you end up with the wrong amount(s).  Tell the U.S. bank the wrong amounts and your validation of the transfer link fails. Now you have to start all over with a new set of trial deposits...and some banks will require a waiting period of X-days before you can restart the process.

Yeap, get with your Thai bank to determine exactly how many pennies arrived if you don't get SMSs which tells you the amount of foreign currency rec'd.

That receiving fee does not apply to trial deposits.  It's specially coded as a trial deposit that does not incur any receiving fee.   

I've  setup quite a few transfer links from my U.S. banks to Bangkok Bank over the years which involved trial deposits.  

2 minutes ago, Duenka said:

If you are not Thai guy.
You can't apply Internet Banking.
And can't transfer money and withdraw money on ATM over 50,000THB/day
If you need to use money more than 50,000 THB/day
Only go to bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Many of us have internet banking who are not Thai.

We can set the limits for transfers and ATM withdrawals - there is no automatic 50k.

And yes we can apply for SMS.

2 minutes ago, Duenka said:

If you are not Thai guy.
You can't apply Internet Banking.
And can't transfer money and withdraw money on ATM over 50,000THB/day
If you need to use money more than 50,000 THB/day
Only go to bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Sorry....not entirely true.  I'm not a Thai guy....I have internet banking....can transfer funds via ibanking or ATM with two different Thai banks I have accounts at.  

The Bt50,000 limit per day is a standard default limit but can be changed by getting with your bank.

Sounds like you got a all to often heard response from the bank branches you visited, especially if you don't have a long stay visa or work permit.  

Once again, you don't have to be a Thai to get ibanking.   Many, many foreigners in Thailand, long stay and short term visitors, open Thia bank accounts, get debit cards, get secured or unsecured credit cards, can transfer funds, get ibanking, etc.   You are just having a miscommunication on the phone with the bank Call Center.

From Bangkok Bank website....what's needed for a foreigner to get Bangkok Bank ibanking, even if on a  tourist visa.  

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/HowtoApply/Pages/default.aspx

Capture.JPG