True TV

TheFishman1

On 1/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, LivinLOS said:

Not sure what you intend to run ?? Openelec and Kodi ?? 

I find the Pi a bit limited compared to android boxes.. 

I just use Kodi, although technically it is a Linux computer (re-skinned and trimmed to be a smart TV type function, but with a Browser, Netflix and a lot of other stuff) if one were to buy bluetooth wire free keyboard (has WiFi , as well as an RJ45 port if you prefer hard network wiring).  I don't use it for that, I just like to watch RT news or TED.com recordings.  I'll look into Openelec as I'm not familiar with that.  No reason why you can't boot it to Ubuntu or something from one of the many USB ports.

The brand name of the one I bought online is on 'www.TeeVee.io"

I'm looking at my True menu as I write, all channels are in "English" except those programs that are Thai only. Maybe it's your setup. Go to the Menu button on the remote. Go to the "setup" menu, then to "user setup" then to "language setup".  Change everything that allows you to "English".

HBO are channels 222-226 and Cmax is 228 although they don't seem to call it it that.

You can also login on their website and it too list all the channels in English. So I'm not sure what you are experiencing.  Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Shiver said:

I just use Kodi, although technically it is a Linux computer (re-skinned and trimmed to be a smart TV type function, but with a Browser, Netflix and a lot of other stuff) i

Kodi is not a linux computer.. Kodi is a application framework that can sit on many different OS's. 

Openelec is a flavor of embedded linux, designed to provide just enough resources to run kodi.. Yes you can run other linux distros, and then kodi on them, but they take greater resources and the Pi 3 isnt exactly a powerhouse. 

TeeVee.io is simply selling openelec + kodi distributions pre customized. 

19 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Kodi is not a linux computer.. Kodi is a application framework that can sit on many different OS's. 

Openelec is a flavor of embedded linux, designed to provide just enough resources to run kodi.. Yes you can run other linux distros, and then kodi on them, but they take greater resources and the Pi 3 isnt exactly a powerhouse. 

TeeVee.io is simply selling openelec + kodi distributions pre customized. 

Ambiguity on my part.  I wasn't suggesting Kodi is a computer, but that a Rasberry PI is a computer capable of running full Linux (via memory stick/card boot up).  The instance that is pre-installed is designed to operate as a smart TV, but you can do anything you like with it, same as any other Linux computer (specs for RAM/Storage/CPU are not up to much, but it is there).

When you power on Teevee you get a screen full of options (google apps, different movie players, games, weather forecast etc), I just happen to use kodi a lot.

About the only thing you wouldn't be able to do is run Windows due to its resource hogging bloat.

Been with true gold /platinum packages for 10 years now and quite happy with service me thinks people just complain for no reason or makes them look important.should be made up u can watch all epl and all types of competitive football for a mere 70bht a day and get HD and they have just sent me my true black card more special services.

7 minutes ago, true blue said:

Been with true gold /platinum packages for 10 years now and quite happy with service me thinks people just complain for no reason or makes them look important.should be made up u can watch all epl and all types of competitive football for a mere 70bht a day and get HD and they have just sent me my true black card more special services.

Considering that glowing recommendation and your ThaVisa user name, you must work  for True.

Edited by Pib