Krungsri ATM does not dispense cash during withdrawal

Dear All

I faced with this issue

In The Date 02.01.2017 around 23:10 and 23:20 , I try to withdraw 30000 THB (+200 THB fee) money 3 times from 2 different ATM Machine of Krungsri Bank  in 12.937924 100.898166,  which ATM does not dispense cash during withdrawal But My account was Debited,

I Call the Bank about this situation but they told me ATM is automatic and your money will be back to your account in 10 days

what should i do?
I need some advise

You need to contact the bank that issued the card, not the bank that owns the machine you used. I have had this happen to me a couple of times in 21 years here. Check your balance every 2 or 3 days. I think that restoration of your money should not take 10 days.

To you and others; If an ATM is acting strangely and giving you strange messages, do not make repeated attempts on the same machine. If an alternative is available, do not make withdrawal attempts on other machines of the same bank.

Edited by allane
xx

What exactly were you charged?  You say 3 tries using 2 different ATM's and that you were attempting to get 30k.  Each time?  Total debit to your account?  Does your bank allow that much of a daily withdrawal in your home currency?  

As said if you did not receive funds it should resolve itself with time but you can contact your home bank (is that the bank you called?).  Did you get receipts showing anything?  

10 minutes ago, allane said:

You need to contact the bank that issued the card, not the bank that owns the machine you used. I have had this happen to me a couple of times in 21 years here. Check your balance every 2 or 3 days. I think that restoration of your money should not take 10 days.

To you and others; If an ATM is acting strangely and giving you strange messages, do not make repeated attempts on the same machine. If an alternative is available, do not make withdrawal attempts on other machines of the same bank.

Thanks for your answer sir
I contacted to the Bank that issued my card and they told me wait 10 days(which that bank is outside of Thailand country)

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

What exactly were you charged?  You say 3 tries using 2 different ATM's and that you were attempting to get 30k.  Each time?  Total debit to your account?  Does your bank allow that much of a daily withdrawal in your home currency?  

As said if you did not receive funds it should resolve itself with time but you can contact your home bank (is that the bank you called?).  Did you get receipts showing anything?  

Thanks for your answer sir
1- They Charged my Account 869.16 USD for only first request and other Requests has been blocked Because of Daily Limitation
2- yes i try to get 30k each time

3- 869.16 USD
4-I am allowed to use 1500 USD in every day but i should return the Bank whole amount of money at 30th day of month

5- yes I called the card issuer bank

6- nothing at all

4-I am allowed to use 1500 USD in every day but i should return the Bank whole amount of money at 30th day of month

Not sure what you have but a debit account does not require repayment so must be cash advance on a credit card?  They will not get the required paperwork so should be removed in a few days (do not believe it will take 10 but maybe that is what they say to be sure) - but in meantime hope you have funds to carry you over.  

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure what you have but a debit account does not require repayment so must be cash advance on a credit card?  They will not get the required paperwork so should be removed in a few days (do not believe it will take 10 but maybe that is what they say to be sure) - but in meantime hope you have funds to carry you over.  

Thanks again for your response

I had money on my account and the amount has been reduced from my Account Balance, and yes it is credit card But does it really matter(The type of card)?,
and as far as I can see in Online Banking Transaction has been done (it is in final state not temporary state)

BTW, 5 days has been past without any good news

it is 30K THB, i can't pass about it easily
Please Tell me some information, what i can do about it?

If as it seems it is just credit you can still access more credit I assume - if it were debit the money would have been out of your account and if no more you might have issues making ends meet until resolved and replaced.  As you have reported issue you should not have to do anything more unless charge has not been removed after 10 days.  Did you by any chance make another 30k transaction (and got the cash) and that is what appears as final state and original error has been resolved?

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I think if you mention the country your bank account is with, someone may have a better idea how to deal with this.

Thanks Sir
But i don't think so, Because it is not about my bank
after more than 10 years using ATMs, this is my first Problem with ATMs

If as it seems it is just credit you can still access more credit I assume - if it were debit the money would have been out of your account and if no more you might have issues making ends meet until resolved and replaced.  As you have reported issue you should not have to do anything more unless charge has not been removed after 10 days.  Did you by any chance make another 30k transaction (and got the cash) and that is what appears as final state and original error has been resolved?

Yes, I receive 20K THB from SCB ATM without any problem after that 
I don't need to take more money yet, 20K it's enough
but i want to know, are they(krungsri) eventually refund my account ?
How can i prove to Bank which ATM didn't pay me?
Is here anyone with the same experience ?

I received my money back on two occasions, and I didn't have to prove anything to anyone. While I certainly complained both times, I don't recall if anyone noted the details of my complaint. They told me to wait a few days, and that is what I did. In both cases, I think I had the money back in four or five days.  As I said above, I was using a domestic Thai ATM card on both occasions.

When they count the money in the ATM, they will note that it contains too much money relative to the computer record. Someone will then examine the record to see who has been shortchanged. I think that there must be safeguards in place to prevent the bank staff from pocketing your money or sending it to one of their friends.

I sympathize with someone who is missing B 30,000. But your bank has told you to wait ten days, so that is what you should do. If the money has not been returned to you then, contact your bank to see to whom you should address a written complaint.

Yes, I receive 20K THB from SCB ATM without any problem after that 
I don't need to take more money yet, 20K it's enough
but i want to know, are they(krungsri) eventually refund my account ?
How can i prove to Bank which ATM didn't pay me?
Is here anyone with the same experience ?

If a mistake is showing on their logs it will be refunded. If no mistake shows you're out of 30k.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

There must be paperwork presented to show that withdrawal in a set amount of time (just as done on any credit card advance charge) and when not received the charge will be removed.  As you know the reason for this charge and have reported it you should be fine - but if you ever see a charge on your account that you can not explain immediately report it as that could be someone using card illegally.  In any case I have had both happen and never lost anything except sleep.  All should be fine.

13 jan:
I call to my Bank again and they told me totally different response today
they told me i should go there and fill and application paper in advance
and they can not do anything for me via telephone or Internet

i call krugsri bank again and they can not do anything as always

i don't know end of this road but i recommend all people to be careful about using krugsri ATM
there was same problem for someone else in 2012
i wish to see it before using krugsri ATM

Edited by PCRider

As you apparently have a US account why not open a savings account with Bangkok Bank and transfer funds through Bangkok Bank New York as a domestic transfer.  This is normally the cheapest option to obtain money here and then you can use your local ATM cards to withdraw money as needed?  I had several incidents as you had when using foreign cards but have not had any issues with local cards (this over several decades of use).  

As you apparently have a US account why not open a savings account with Bangkok Bank and transfer funds through Bangkok Bank New York as a domestic transfer.  This is normally the cheapest option to obtain money here and then you can use your local ATM cards to withdraw money as needed?  I had several incidents as you had when using foreign cards but have not had any issues with local cards (this over several decades of use).  

Thanks Sir
But Unfortunately I don't have proper Visa to Open a Saving Account In Bangkok Bank and I don't have US account But My Account Currency is USD (and the ratio for ATM is about 33.xx [worst ratio for USD in thailand])

refund.png

Actually you can open a bank account on any type of visa - but you may have to have other documents such as a letter of residence from your embassy or referral from another depositor (much difference from one bank branch to another).  But that domestic transfer was for US accounts (and believe UK has same type of option).  Depending on country of account there might be private options (often used by Thai) to exchange money at better rates and even SWIFT wire transfers might be a better option than your current system.

At any rate you seem to have solved the current issue and probably will not happen again.