snoop1130

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, iReason said:

The incoherent man-child strikes again: :laugh:

In 2015, Donald Trump Said Meryl Streep Was One of His Favorite Actresses

In an Agust 2015 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Trump praised the Academy Award-winning actress not only for her talent,

but also for her character."

"Meryl Streep is excellent; she's a fine person, too."

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2017/01/donald-trump-praised-meryl-streep-in-2015

but she probably didn't want to have sex with him.......

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've noticed in my lifetime of watching many movies, that actors ( and actresses ) that get loads of awards do not necessarily make good movies. Most people don't go to many movies, so they are fooled by the glitz into going to mediocre films, which is the whole point of the award system, which is very incestuous.

Some of the best films have been made by actors that will never receive an award.

she has proven herself for the past 30 years.

30 years ago she probably was a great actress, but I can't think of a single one in the last 10 years that was much good.

Perhaps she needs to grow up and stop having hissy fits at inappropriate times.

I agree, there are many good films made by actors that will never receive an award. There are many times were actors are nominated for movies that are crappy, which goes to show critics are rating her acting not based on how popular a mainstream movie is. Which I think is a good representation of some of the awards she has received.

When people attack Trump, they are throwing a hissy fit? what is the president to be on the USA doing on twitter every week? lol hypocrites

Based on your hissy fit statement, you and Ulyssess G has been throwing quite a few fits against Obama too! lol

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've noticed in my lifetime of watching many movies, that actors ( and actresses ) that get loads of awards do not necessarily make good movies. Most people don't go to many movies, so they are fooled by the glitz into going to mediocre films, which is the whole point of the award system, which is very incestuous.

Some of the best films have been made by actors that will never receive an award.

she has proven herself for the past 30 years.

30 years ago she probably was a great actress, but I can't think of a single one in the last 10 years that was much good.

Here's what she said, and it's spot on.  Sad the Trump supporters can't understand this.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/08/entertainment/meryl-streep-golden-globes-speech/

"It kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can't get it out of my head because it wasn't in a movie, it was real life," Streep said. "This instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in the public ... by someone powerful, it filters down into everyone's life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same."

Streep added: "When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose."

Trump supporters, like Trump, attack the messenger rather than address the issue. Bashing Streep for this is pure deflection.  Those who criticize her just look foolish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meryl_Streep

Cited in the media as the "best actress of her generation",[1][2][3] – a designation she objects to[4] – Streep is particularly known for her versatility in her roles, transformation into the characters she plays, and her accent adaptation.

Streep is one of the six actors to have won three or more competitive Academy Awards for acting.

Streep has also received 30 Golden Globe nominations, winning eight—more nominations, and more competitive (non-honorary) wins than any other actor (male or female)

Just now, mike324 said:

I agree, there are many good films made by actors that will never receive an award. There are many times were actors are nominated for movies that are crappy, which goes to show critics are rating her acting not based on how popular a mainstream movie is. Which I think is a good representation of some of the awards she has received.

When people attack Trump, they are throwing a hissy fit? what is the president to be on the USA doing on twitter every week? lol hypocrites

Based on your hissy fit statement, you and Ulyssess G has been throwing quite a few fits against Obama too! lol

The "hissy fit" comment refers to the venue she used to Attack Trump, which IMO was inappropriate. Of course anyone can have a hissy fit anytime they want, but in a proper setting.

TVF world news is a very appropriate setting for a hissy fit, whomever it is against.

15 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

She is great actress, but I could care less about her political opinions and that goes for most celebrities. Their naivette usually makes me think less of them. 

Totally agree mate. What is it with over paid entertainers - actors, actresses, sports people, that makes them think their political opinions should be heard and appreciated by the rest of us, who finance their wealth one way or another?

Acting, kicking or throwing a ball around fine. Political opinion - who cares what they think.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

Here's what she said, and it's spot on.  Sad the Trump supporters can't understand this.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/08/entertainment/meryl-streep-golden-globes-speech/

Trump supporters, like Trump, attack the messenger rather than address the issue. Bashing Streep for this is pure deflection.  Those who criticize her just look foolish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meryl_Streep

My criticism is based on the venue she chose to attack Trump, not the attack per se, but I also support Trump when he says she is overrated. Her best days are long past, IMO.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

yup really intelligent post

'Bring back the good old Cold War days'

There are many in the World who are not so stupid and Putin has actually done much good in the Middle East where Obama did nothing. He's no Angel but Trump is right... better to be friends than enemies and I am NOT a Trump supporter and loathe many of his policies (particularly not letting woman have the right to choose) BUT to paint him as some sort of traitor is utter nonsense.

When a nation and its leader try to influence your election and generally try to subvert democracy then its time to get tough, not cosy.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The "hissy fit" comment refers to the venue she used to Attack Trump, which IMO was inappropriate. Of course anyone can have a hissy fit anytime they want, but in a proper setting.

TVF world news is a very appropriate setting for a hissy fit, whomever it is against.

I'd hate to think of how many hissy fits Trump has thrown, where were totally inappropriate, and in improper settings.  He is the president-elect and needs to start acting like one.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Totally agree mate. What is it with over paid entertainers - actors, actresses, sports people, that makes them think their political opinions should be heard and appreciated by the rest of us, who finance their wealth one way or another?

Acting, kicking or throwing a ball around fine. Political opinion - who cares what they think.

Many of these over paid entertainers are actually invited by those in the White House for various events.  Maybe the politicians should stop this practice?  Or deal with the repercussions when things don't go their way?

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My criticism is based on the venue she chose to attack Trump, not the attack per se, but I also support Trump when he says she is overrated. Her best days are long past, IMO.

Agreed, but the same can be said of Trump using inappropriate venues to launch attacks against others.  You reap what you sow. And that was part of Streep's comments.  Not a good precedent being set by Trump so far.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Trump

52 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Nothing quite like lying about (age of child she spoke with) & denigrating someone who is actually correct with regard to application of UK laws regarding child asylum seekers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/lily-allen-child-refugees-calais-jungle-amber-rudd-france-united-kingdom-a7361011.html

Another "legend super star in her own mind" speaking for the UK. Well, know, actually she doesn't. She's a private citizen expressing her opinion.

But like all left liberal luvvy PC's she wants to spend your money and inconvenience you, but not her. No siree. She's doing very nicely,  and won't be troubled in the slightest.

Clown Geldorf started this, along with the likes of Sting (Geordie red) and Bono. Pop "stars" wondering what to do next now their loaded but not so popular. Craving the media and still hungry for adulation.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

I'd hate to think of how many hissy fits Trump has thrown, where were totally inappropriate, and in improper settings.  He is the president-elect and needs to start acting like one.

Well if you're holding your breath I think your days are numbered:smile:. Unfortunately the biggest "cut off your nose to spite your face" election in history has been completed and an immature man-child who cannot let ANY sort of perceived slight go (you know, acting like a grown-up) has won.

Interesting days ahead, indeed. Too bad that when he crashes the whole world will be affected.

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Many of these over paid entertainers are actually invited by those in the White House for various events.  Maybe the politicians should stop this practice?  Or deal with the repercussions when things don't go their way?

Yes, you're right. Politicians should stop this practice. It's politicians trying to cash in on someone else's popularity and use the connection with that person to increase their own popularity and credibility.

Show how trendy they are, with all these celebrity "friends" - the blur between Hollywood and reality becoming thicker.

1 hour ago, iReason said:

Right.

A fine example.

That sh%t kicker Elvis died drugged up at 40 on his bathroom floor after falling off the toilet.

:coffee1:

As many others have.

And we don't know how Meryl will end up yet - probably a political whore by the look of it. UN Ambassador role next like lots of other luvvies? 

13 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

He's been acting like he's president ever since the election, putting government contractors on notice, negotiating deals to keep jobs in the US, and on and on.  It's understandable The Empty Suit is angry.  Trump's making him look bad by doing his job for him.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Another rabid Trumpeteer completely dissing (ignoring) the message and prefering to shoot the messenger.

And in fervent Trump style, childishly degrading her achievements.

Rather than focus on the con-man's cringeworthy adolescent comments...

11 minutes ago, mesquite said:

Let's get to the root of the issue:  Many people are still in denial that Ma Barker did not win.

Trump won.  He will be inaugurated Jan 20.  Get over it.

This is the typical Trump supporter's reply.  Everybody gets it.  It's not about the past elections.  It's about the current actions of our president-elect.  Get over his win and on to his current performance.

9 minutes ago, mesquite said:

He's been acting like he's president ever since the election, putting government contractors on notice, negotiating deals to keep jobs in the US, and on and on.  It's understandable The Empty Suit is angry.  Trump's making him look bad by doing his job for him.

Actually, he's not been acting like the president of the most powerful nation on earth.  Going after an actress like this is below him.  And going after disabled people is totally inappropriate.  Focus on what's important, this is not.

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Another "legend super star in her own mind" speaking for the UK. Well, know, actually she doesn't. She's a private citizen expressing her opinion.

But like all left liberal luvvy PC's she wants to spend your money and inconvenience you, but not her. No siree. She's doing very nicely,  and won't be troubled in the slightest.

Clown Geldorf started this, along with the likes of Sting (Geordie red) and Bono. Pop "stars" wondering what to do next now their loaded but not so popular. Craving the media and still hungry for adulation.

Yet another extremist crawls out from under their rock - always happens in these topics.

The UK actor is correct in her understanding of the application of UK Law concerning child asylum seekers, as is Streep's comments regarding the contribution to the erosion of civility in the US by Trump.

46 minutes ago, Mansell said:

The Twitler strikes again.....pathetic excuse for a man. Let us hope he self destructs before his buffoon supporters physically hurt people.

Ummm...u better talk to the anti-Trump and pro-Hilary supporters first about not hurting people.

Oh...and I'm still waiting for that earlier poster to explain to me how T is a misogynist.

Edited by nottocus

While throwing his temper tantrum, the man-child upped his lie quotient:

Trump Errs in Reply to Streep

"On Twitter, President-elect Donald Trump falsely wrote that a reporter “totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad.” As we have written before, the reporter never changed his story about the 9/11 terrorist attacks."

"Trump’s tweet was in response to a speech given by actress Meryl Streep at the Golden Globe Awards on Jan. 8. Streep, who supported Hillary Clinton for president, said that “it kind of broke my heart” when she saw “that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter.”

"Trump tweeted that he “never ‘mocked’ a disabled reporter” but did show him “groveling”

as he “totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/trump-errs-reply-streep/

Of course, the headline should read:

Trump LIES in Reply to Streep

7 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Get up, accept the award,  make a pointless speech and thank everyone under the sun including your parents, dog, god, landscaper is how it's done.

Just more noise from the leftie snowflakes, hope it has a negative impact on her career.

Negative impact on her career? ha! ha! good one, three best actor academy awards, a career spanning five decades....reminds me of John Lennon's quote 'I hope we passed the audition' after the Beatles' final rooftop concert.  I think Meryl's status is assured, Trump not so much, one term at best for the bullie's bully.

55 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Actually, he's not been acting like the president of the most powerful nation on earth.  Going after an actress like this is below him.  And going after disabled people is totally inappropriate.  Focus on what's important, this is not.

Exactly.  A squabble with a Hollywood elite over an alleged transgression a year ago is not important.  Jobs, cutting government expense etc is important.

55 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yet another extremist crawls out from under their rock - always happens in these topics.

The UK actor is correct in her understanding of the application of UK Law concerning child asylum seekers, as is Streep's comments regarding the contribution to the erosion of civility in the US by Trump.

You can crawl back under your rock anytime - don't be shy.

She is an actress, unless you think possibly transgender? She might well understand the law but crying and apologizing on behalf of the UK - come on. Why doesn't she do something direct, like offer 6 of her 7 residences to refugees or the homeless? Because her social conscience only extends to the public purse and other people's inconvenience. Not hers.

Another so called star trying to get back in the limelight.

Civility in politics was eroded a long time before Trump. You've been under your rock too long!