Law on Smoking in Restaurants

digitalchromakey

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

I smoke only where I am allowed to and if in an 'allowed' area I will object to a non-smoker asking me to stop.

I will not join in the dirty filthy habit of eating with people who take food from the dish in the middle of the table with the utensil they have just had in their mouth.

Do you not understand the law in thailand is you can't smoke in a restaurant or a bar but no  one in forces that law .

you have a dirty filthy habit up to you but keep it to a car park and I would happier.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Don't smoke in a restaurant and never got thrown out of a bar yet.

Just shows how  disrespectful  people like you are who smoke in bars , but you are just killing your self can't understand how people like you can't see it that smoking kills people.

Lucky  your not in Australia because of this year you and your  filthy dirty habit will not able to smoke with 50  metres of a out side  eatery .

just hop thailand takes on that same law very soon to stop  disrespectful people smoking.

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

Do you not understand the law in thailand is you can't smoke in a restaurant or a bar but no  one in forces that law .

you have a dirty filthy habit up to you but keep it to a car park and I would happier.

Where did I say I don't understand the law. I said where I am allowed to smoke I will.

I will walk outside to the car park to smoke but if you come up to me in the car park and tell me to stop smoking I will happily tell you to go and take a flying f---.

Edited by overherebc

Just now, overherebc said:

Where did I say I don't understand the law. I said where I am allowed to smoke I will.

I will walk outside to the car park to smoke but if come up to me in the car park and tell me to stop smoking I will happily tell you to go and take a flying f---.

We're did I say , I would come up to you in a car park and tell you to stop smoking you are  imagining that .

good you smoke in a car park.

if you was smoking next to me in a bar or a restaurant I will happily tell you go and take a flying f .

17 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

We're did I say , I would come up to you in a car park and tell you to stop smoking you are  imagining that .

good you smoke in a car park.

if you was smoking next to me in a bar or a restaurant I will happily tell you go and take a flying f .

Unless it was an open air bar where smoking is allowed.

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Ok but you can't smoke by law in bars and  restaurants but lots of the bars owners don't  enforce the law and some restaurant owners as well .

but you see lots in thailand care about the money not the  patrons .

you should think about stopping for your self I have seen what it can do to you  just try to stop .

you can do it if you try hard .

you would believe how good you will feel .

I have sympathy for the old Combat Vets Let's say Nam/Gulf etc being referred to as having a dirty habit,by those who pushed Biroes all their life and never needed a prop in their Nannie life. No I don't smoke,but leave an old service guy alone,he's the reason you can flap arms and sneer freely.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

17 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Just shows how  disrespectful  people like you are who smoke in bars , but you are just killing your self can't understand how people like you can't see it that smoking kills people.

Lucky  your not in Australia because of this year you and your  filthy dirty habit will not able to smoke with 50  metres of a out side  eatery .

just hop thailand takes on that same law very soon to stop  disrespectful people smoking.

Everybody will die

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

I would say non-smokers are very keen to 'approach' smokers even in an approved smoking area. It's almost like religious nutters who feel it's their right to enforce their beliefs on everyone.

I can't recall a situation where a smoker has told a non-smoker they must start puffing.

If it's a smoking area then please just leave us alone or go somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I would say non-smokers are very keen to 'approach' smokers even in an approved smoking area. It's almost like religious nutters who feel it's their right to enforce their beliefs on everyone.

I can't recall a situation where a smoker has told a non-smoker they must start puffing.

If it's a smoking area then please just leave us alone or go somewhere else.

I don't believe a non-smoker would  approach you in a smoking area to push their beliefs to stop smoking.

why would they want to  contaminate their body like you do , we are not that stupid, to go in to a  smoking area , but smokers love to smoke in places were they should not .

19 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Omg. Then why you don't stay in your nanny state Australia? Jeez. These anti-smoking brigade is so hilarious.

1 minute ago, alocacoc said:

Omg. Then why you don't stay in your nanny state Australia? Jeez. These anti-smoking brigade is so hilarious.

Your in the nanny state now thailand.

i am hilarious have a look in the  Mira who is hilarious , you I think .

my country Australia is not a nanny state we have rules yes and we have rights , you have no rights in your nanny stat thailand.

if I had my way I would make people who smoke pay $100 a packet to pay for their up keep in hospital when you get  cancer and you will get it , that is for sure 100% .

11 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

my country Australia is not a nanny state we have rules yes and we have rights , you have no rights in your nanny stat thailand.

if I had my way I would make people who smoke pay $100 a packet to pay for their up keep in hospital when you get  cancer and you will get it , that is for sure 100% .

I'll never forget my Grandad's final words.

<deleted>> me, a bus.

I was in an open air restaurant with my Wife and Son (2 yrs old at the time) - We sat down, ordered our food... 

The lady on the next table lit up... my Son was right next to her, she made no effort to keep the smoke away from him. 

We got up and moved table, in doing so she said... 'Oh, I'm sorry, does my smoke bother you ?'... 

This angered me... I told her that lighting up less than 1 foot away from my son and allowing the smoke to blow in his face if an accident was forgivable... the fact that she looked at him first and did this knowingly was unforgivable, she was an inconsiderate self centred arrogant cow.

Smokers don't bother me, many take the effort not to impose their smoke on others, its inconsiderate and self centred people who are so careless of others around them that annoy me (smokers and non smokers).

In a bar, there are smoking area's outside - Go outside and smoke and stop being so inconsiderate of those around you.

I've just been in Japan and hated that they would smoke in many of the restaurants... each night my clothes stank.

Many aren't, but some smokers are simply selfish, there is no other explanation.

Edited by richard_smith237

22 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

What about those who spend their life overdosing on Bigmac's.....?

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was in an open air restaurant with my Wife and Son (2 yrs old at the time) - We sat down, ordered our food... 

The lady on the next table lit up... my Son was right next to her, she made no effort to keep the smoke away from him. 

We got up and moved table, in doing so she said... 'Oh, I'm sorry, does my smoke bother you'... 

This angered me... I told her that lighting up less than 1 foot away from my son and allowing the smoke to blow in his face if an accident was forgivable... the fact that she looked at him first and did this knowingly was unforgivable, she was an inconsiderate self centred arrogant cow.... 

Smokers don't bother me, many take the effort no to impose their smoke on others, its those who are so careless of others around them that annoy me. 

In a bar, there are smoking area's outside - Go outside and smoke and stop being so inconsiderate of those around you. 

I've just been in Japan and hated that they would smoke in many of the restaurants... each night my clothes stank... 

Some smokers are simply selfish, there is no other explanation....

As a smoker I agree with you, but, still stand by my arguement that non smokers should not complain if they enter a known smoking area.

Just now, overherebc said:

As a smoker I agree with you, but, still stand by my arguement that non smokers should not complain if they enter a known smoking area.

Yep... I think thats fair enough... Smokers have a right to enjoy a smoke... 

If an Open air bar allows smoking thats OK with me and I appreciate it when in such an environment that smokers aren't completely oblivious of where their smoke goes. 

It is my understanding that it is illegal for any indoor bar or restaurant to allow smoking (Fine: B2000 for the smoker and B20,000 for the establishment)... 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yep... I think thats fair enough... Smokers have a right to enjoy a smoke... 

If an Open air bar allows smoking thats OK with me and I appreciate it when in such an environment that smokers aren't completely oblivious of where their smoke goes. 

It is my understanding that it is illegal for any indoor bar or restaurant to allow smoking (Fine: B2000 for the smoker and B20,000 for the establishment)... 

A couple of places I know in Bangkok even extend it the outside seating areas on verandas which is fair enough because they also have an area for smokers outside that.

I can live with that.

Just now, georgemandm said:

What the hell as bigmac got to do with it 

You quoted "hospital stuff".........I would suggest more folk are kicking the bucket because of the 'modern' diet than smoking...Take a look around you at the modern day physiques.. The rise in diabetes that has to be treated....

I have been in eating places where no matter what the rule is,some Thai people will smoke regardless. They usually congregate around tables that they consider to be their's by right,like they think they have their  names on them.But to complain to a waitress/waiter,manager about them,is rather like shaking a red rag to a bull.I would just not tip and not use the restaurant in the future. It would seem that the sign with the cigarette with the line through it does not apply to them.

Have seen farangs more often than Thais smoking in restaurants, Japanese also often. Get a kick out of those who sit near large no smoking signs, puffing away, total selfish disdain for law, rules and others in the restaurant. Pure selfishness., plain and simple.

1 minute ago, transam said:

You quoted "hospital stuff".........I would suggest more folk are kicking the bucket because of the 'modern' diet than smoking...Take a look around you at the modern day physiques.. The rise in diabetes that has to be treated....

Yes I agree, but smoking is a  known  Killa 

if you see the results of  smoking diseases you would be blown away .

8 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Yes I agree, but smoking is a  known  Killa 

if you see the results of  smoking diseases you would be blown away .

I grew up with a smoke filled house, parents smoked, coal fires, paraffin heaters, bus home from school where the fog was so thick someone had to walk in front of it to show the way....Fog was SMOKE.....

Smokers know about the risks, so do fizzy pop drinkers and saturated fat eaters.....And for sure diesel fueled car/truck users....