Law on Smoking in Restaurants

digitalchromakey

9 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

That's not what us happening here, though. The laws are being ignored and smokers are lighting up wherever they please. 

If that's happening, then you guys are right.  Smokers lighting up wherever they darn please is simply rude and inconsiderate. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/01/2017 at 11:35 AM, ozmeldo said:

Smokers are very disrespectful. It's like their addiction overrides any civility.

Easy to identify the working class, working poor. They are the only ones below 45 that smoke cigarettes (55). Anyone smoking LM red is a write off only bested by Thai smokes.

Every family member I have that was a heavy smoker has not lived past 72. Can I light that for you bro?

And the medium and light smokers make it to?

LM Daeng Lek - working class and proud.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:17 AM, fruitman said:

Also i think smokers deserve more respect. Many times we have to sit in a dirty corner to smoke, or like on Swampy airport in a filthy doghouse. Dubai or Changi airport treat smokers with respect by having good smokinglounges, indoor or outdoor.

Respect means hold in high regard !  Why should anybody hold you in high regard just because you smoke,  your habit is causing discomfort to anybody in proximity to you. I recall how my clothes always stank after being in a bar or club or office where smoking was allowed. If you are quite happy to make others clothes dirty why not go and sit in a dirty corner, it is a dirty habit so do it in a dirty place.

7 hours ago, rogeroc said:

Respect means hold in high regard !  Why should anybody hold you in high regard just because you smoke,  your habit is causing discomfort to anybody in proximity to you. I recall how my clothes always stank after being in a bar or club or office where smoking was allowed. If you are quite happy to make others clothes dirty why not go and sit in a dirty corner, it is a dirty habit so do it in a dirty place.

Mate you shouldn't be in Thailand at all...even walking on the streets make your clothes dirty, ever driven a motocy in BKK? A white blouse is grey in 30 minutes.

And for Thai it's normal to annoy others, that's why they bring their children to ALL restaurants and even build playgrounds for them in the malls.

Joggers/cyclists/longtailboats/jetski's/loud motocy's/cars also cause discomfort...right now i hear planes flying over....soi dogs barking, roosters and it's all annoying. But it gives me the feeling of living in a busy city..

On 21/1/2560 at 9:24 PM, duanebigsby said:

Smokers will never believe their habit could be an issue for anyone else.

Yes and they are in category 2.

1. This category of smokers are  very poor, uneducated and ignorant and have no idea about health issues of smoking. ( this category  would not include forum members here)

2. This group of smokers are in total state of denial about health issues, they disregard medical facts , dig up articles by cranks ( who will argue for or against anything)  

3. These smokers are the worst category : They are obnoxious . aggressive , stupid people. They just do not care about their health, which is obvious by their slovenly appearance,

and of course the health of others.

Edited by morrobay

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Yes and they are in category 2.

1. This category of smokers are  very poor, uneducated and ignorant and have no idea about health issues of smoking. ( this category  would not include forum members here)

2. This group of smokers are in total state of denial about health issues, they disregard medical facts , dig up articles by cranks ( who will argue for or against anything)  

3. These smokers are the worst category : They are obnoxious . aggressive , stupid people. They just do not care about their health, which is obvious by their slovenly appearance,

and of course the health of others.

Hmmmm, you ain't met this smoker yet then eh.... b0208.gif

Putting that aside, a few places I frequent have a couple of tables with ash trays, smokers can use those and no others. Folk who do not smoke know that and all is cool, but Mrs.Trans don't like cigarette smell so l go outside, in fact there are very few times l smoke at these tables unless it's with the lads who are having a puff..

Those who categorise smokers as some sort of low life really are daft. I grew up in an era where most folk smoked, in fact my mum and dad did, they lived until the age of 85 and 88....I also think those who slag off smokers yet drive diesels are daft too.... b0209.gif

On 21/01/2017 at 2:17 PM, fruitman said:

Me too and i always respect the non-smokers. But if a restaurant has a terrace with ashtrays at the tables i smoke there, no matter who has issues with that.

Also i think smokers deserve more respect. Many times we have to sit in a dirty corner to smoke, or like on Swampy airport in a filthy doghouse. Dubai or Changi airport treat smokers with respect by having good smokinglounges, indoor or outdoor.

Also malls like Central should at least have an ashtray somehere outside. A smokingbalcony or so would be even better.

What annoys me while smoking somewhere next to an ashtray/bin is the guys who come to spit in the ashtray...they are mostly thai though.

Try Korea, seen them spit in the ashtray on the bar.

On 16/01/2017 at 0:22 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I don't smoke don't like it but why the indignant reactions to a puff of smoke at an outdoor restaurant? Same time trucks and buses roll by belching clouds of black exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time since I've been there, does Gullivers still exist on beach road? 

Sitting in what was clearly marked as a smoking area enjoying a beer and a smoke when some prat and his evening purchase sat at the next table and when their food arrived he turned and said can you stop smoking while we eat. I pointed to the smoking sign and politely said no.

They picked up their plates and headed for the bar and just before getting to the door he turned and shouted you're an a--hole.

Non smokers can be such nice people.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, georgemandm said:

All I can say is some smokers are  disrespectful people.

who just care about their dirty  filthy  habit .

back home new laws coming in this year no smoking near out doors eating areas smokers have to smoke 50 mt away , good.

thailand needs to do the same .

you want to smoke go smoke in the car park.

seen in thailand that most thai restaurants run by Thais ,will not let you smoker in the restaurant but in the restaurant run by westerners you can smoke that is just bs .

So it is no problem that one disturbs other people with the filthy air coming out their car, truck, motorbike, bus, factory which is a far greater health risk?

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Try Korea, seen them spit in the ashtray on the bar.

These Korean males are in category 4: Oblivious. They are a plague on Pattaya walking around.standing in front of their restaurants in groups 4 - 5 with these rice bowl haircuts. All smoking cigarettes . 

As a smoker I do respect non smoking areas/restaurants/ bars etc and will walk to another area for a quick puff. I understand non smokers don't want smoke around when they are eating or whatever.

If you think about central Bangkok where they have outside eateries on Suk' road though with buses trucks cars etc belching crap all day, not to mention the loads of dog sh-t that has dried to a powder and is blowing in the air I would venture that filtering the air through a ciggie might be beneficial.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

These Korean males are in category 4: Oblivious. They are a plague on Pattaya walking around.standing in front of their restaurants in groups 4 - 5 with these rice bowl haircuts. All smoking cigarettes . 

Dead men walking.

Went in a hospital in Korea 20 years ago. Walked into a room by mistake, it was like a - were double checking you but you've got cancer room. All relatively healthy, all ages but mostly 40-55. All wearing gowns and smoking. Quite surreal.

Korean men are hands down most annoying people on the planet.

Edited by ozmeldo

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

As a smoker I do respect non smoking areas/restaurants/ bars etc and will walk to another area for a quick puff. I understand non smokers don't want smoke around when they are eating or whatever.

If you think about central Bangkok where they have outside eateries on Suk' road though with buses trucks cars etc belching crap all day, not to mention the loads of dog sh-t that has dried to a powder and is blowing in the air I would venture that filtering the air through a ciggie might be beneficial.

Puleeez , no more of this " What about the exhaust from buses and trucks and everything else you can dream up as a distraction on the subject at hand.

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Wonder how the Boys in Biker Bars ,or A Soldier after a Firefight would react to someone saying don't smoke,I wouldn't for one.Yes it's not health but it's become the domain of Control Freaks n Vegans,another bunch of nutters

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What are you rambling about ? No one is going to go into a smokey bar and tell people not to smoke.They just avoid smoking places and smokers. What do you mean "yes its not health",control vegans nonsense ???  guess you are a Category 2, Category 3 combo.  I guess sooner or later this thread was going to be taken over by crackpots.

Edited by morrobay
add

13 hours ago, nisakiman said:

Above all has been the repeated and world-wide directive that smokers should quit and live longer when every controlled trial without exception has demonstrated this claim to be false.

Is there anything that can be said with certainty about the health and life expectancy of smokers and non-smokers? The evidence indicates little difference. One important fact often causes confusion: an agent can be a certain cause of death and yet have the effect of extending life. Smoking could be a major cause of lung cancer or even the only cause yet also be associated with long life. The Japanese are amongst the heaviest smokers in the world. They also live the longest. The Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment smoked for a hundred years before dying at 122 as the world’s oldest ever person.

It may now be apparent why there is such a general belief that smoking is dangerously harmful. There are 3 reasons. First, studies which in any other area of science would be rejected as second-rate and inferior but which support antismoking are accepted as first-rate. Second, studies which are conducted according to orthodox and rigorous design but which do not support the idea that smoking is harmful are not merely ignored but suppressed. Third, authorities who are duty-bound to represent the truth have failed to do so and have presented not just untruths but the reverse of the truth.

The Scientific Scandal of Antismoking

By

J. R. Johnstone, PhD (Monash)

and

P.D.Finch, Emeritus Professor of Mathematical Statistics (Monash)

http://members.iinet.com.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html

Like I said these folks in state of denial will dig up papers by cranks ( who will argue for or against any thing) to support their ridiculous state of denial. See category 2 above. 

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

Like I said these folks in state of denial will dig up papers by cranks ( who will argue for or against any thing) to support their ridiculous state of denial. See category 2 above. 

Ah, the old "anyone who disagrees with me is a crank and a denier" justification for spouting unsubstantiated garbage. Yes, people who rely on propaganda soundbites as the basis for their beliefs usually trot that one out.

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

What are you rambling about ? No one is going to go into a smokey bar and tell people not to smoke.They just avoid smoking places and smokers. What do you mean "yes its not health",control vegans nonsense ???  guess you are a Category 2, Category 3 combo.  I guess sooner or later this thread was going to be taken over by crackpots.

You can include Trans.... funny laughing emoticon

On 23/01/2017 at 6:59 PM, ozmeldo said:

Dead men walking.

Went in a hospital in Korea 20 years ago. Walked into a room by mistake, it was like a - were double checking you but you've got cancer room. All relatively healthy, all ages but mostly 40-55. All wearing gowns and smoking. Quite surreal.

Korean men are hands down most annoying people on the planet.

When I was working there the smoking/non smoking thing in bars was starting to change but was done in a strange way.

They based it on floor area of the establishment starting with the largest first becoming non smoking then at whatever intervals enforcing it in smaller area bars. 

Most did have outside areas but at -12 centigrade with a good wind blowing it really wasn't that comfortable.

On 23/01/2017 at 5:39 PM, FritsSikkink said:

So it is no problem that one disturbs other people with the filthy air coming out their car, truck, motorbike, bus, factory which is a far greater health risk?

I agree with you about the the cars , trucks , motorbikes, bus , factory.

and yes it is a health risk.

But now car  companies are trying to change all of that .

but it still dose not take away the  fact that smoking in restaurants in thailand is a  filthy dirty habit .

so you being a smoker stop it , because if you were a nonsmoker you would agree with me .

10 hours ago, georgemandm said:

but it still dose not take away the  fact that smoking in restaurants in thailand is a  filthy dirty habit .

so you being a smoker stop it , because if you were a nonsmoker you would agree with me .

I don't smoke in a restaurant but do like to smoke in a bar

10 hours ago, georgemandm said:

I smoke only where I am allowed to and if in an 'allowed' area I will object to a non-smoker asking me to stop.

I will not join in the dirty filthy habit of eating with people who take food from the dish in the middle of the table with the utensil they have just had in their mouth.