'You are fake news!' Trump presides over turbulent news conference

webfact

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Like Hillary Clinton has dementia? Or that the Clinton Foundation is corrupt?  Or BENGHAZI!!!

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Like Hillary Clinton has dementia? Or that the Clinton Foundation is corrupt?  Or BENGHAZI!!!

This is a no contest, though I;m not convinced Hillary has dementia,

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, uptheos said:

I can't believe you asked a question that way, the onus is on the accuser to prove they are true.

At the moment, no one knows whether it's true, or not. This is what I stated. Yet, UG made a statement that it isn't true.

How does he know? What is his source?

If he has no source, then it just becomes an opinion........which, in this case is as worthless as me claiming that it is true.

Nothing to do with proving a negative, which I know can't be done.........unless there is proof, which he obviously doesn't have.

UG lives in a black and white world. Right-wing good. Left-wing bad. Doesn't matter if reality is different.

Edited by KarenBravo

24 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That is not how our system works. It is up to the loons floating this unsubstantiated conspiracy theory to prove that that they are.

I can not prove that Elvis was not fathered by space aliens either.

Actually the source of it it one of those "rough men" from MI^ You know like the ones mentioned in that so-called quote dubiously attributed to George Orwell

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

25 minutes ago, uptheos said:

I can't believe you asked a question that way, the onus is on the accuser to prove they are true.

Who cares about the veracity of this story? it is delicious.

I cannot wait for more leaks generated by the intelligence community in response to being played with by cretins so far out of their depth.

Keep them coming.

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Please provide proof that the allegations aren't true..........or, is it your typical response that anything disparaging a Republican can't be true?

Are you just another ideologically hide-bound right-winger who sticks their fingers in their ear, closes their eyes and yells "I can't hear you" when faced with something that you don't like?

Yes that is his typical response to anything that disparages a Republican - 100%

Yes he is, Yes he does, Yes he does and Yes to the second sentence - 100%

Welcome to the Twilight Zone KarenBravo.

7 hours ago, CharlieK said:

There seems to be a total meltdown in the US with Trump having won the Presidency, yet it could be said he had as much help at home as he did with the hacking of HRC emails who ever did it. If the FBI had not said anything just prior to the vote would he have won?

The FBI helped him as much as anyone did. So was he meant to have won the vote and are the American public being played?

on another level the whole thing is becoming boring.  

Don't get bored yet. If Russia has some blackmail on Donald, that would explain why he is friendly toward the country and denying their influencing our elections. It's Russian policy to follow and film (CCTV)  foreign dignitaries, so if Trump was offered and accepted anything sordid, they have him by the balls. That would also explain why he disregards CIA intelligence on Russian involvement.

The good part might just be beginning!

This is about papers with certain allegations floating around, that is what CNN reported about.
No doubt anywhere by anyone that those papers are floating around.
So the reporting was correct.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

An interesting commentary about trump's bizarre (and massively DISTURBING to all of us that care about the U.S. democracy surviving trump intact) --

Why We Should All Read This Russian Newspaper To Understand America
Russian journalist Alexy Kovalev published a piece yesterday offering advice to his “doomed colleagues in the American media.” Among other things, the piece warned American journalists that facts, degraded as they already are, will become a lot more difficult to find – questions will be met with deflection, derision, tu quoque arguments, and outright lies (Trump’s last press conference featured all four).

http://forward.com/culture/359883/why-we-should-all-read-this-russian-newspaper-to-understand-america/?attribution=home-top-story-6-headline

On 1/12/2017 at 5:54 AM, webfact said:

"You are fake news," Trump said to CNN correspondent Jim Acosta

He went on to say that CNN is a "failing" news organization and that they will soon be filing for bankruptcy. "Urine trouble, believe me," He added.

He has invented the term fake news, to fit his narrative, and avoid the fact that he has developed a very  poor relationship with the press. Like Putin, he does not like being questioned. Like Putin, the truth most often does not tie in too well with his narrative, and his Charlatanesque version of the world. 

A courageous Russian journalist has spoken out, about what it is like to attend a news conference with King Vlad. Does this ring any bells? A lifetime living with the pathology of lies and deceit, has probably prevented either of these men from even knowing what truth is. Get used to deflection, and fiction. It is fascinating how this guy has created a fake narrative of fake news, and yet that is all we are going to ever get from him, during every future press conference.

https://qz.com/884403/donald-trumps-press-conference-was-a-circus-but-vladimir-putins-is-way-worse-for-journalists/ 

I'd like to have seen some of the conservatives here agreeing that the Russians wouldn't do something like setting up cameras in the hotel rooms of visiting dignitaries a few years back.  

Did the collapse of Communism turn the KGB into decent people?

Blackmail has always been a leading tool, if Trump did do this it's better out in the open, enough people will not believe it for him to ride it out. 

3 hours ago, SplitInfinitive said:

I'd like to have seen some of the conservatives here agreeing that the Russians wouldn't do something like setting up cameras in the hotel rooms of visiting dignitaries a few years back.  

Did the collapse of Communism turn the KGB into decent people?

Blackmail has always been a leading tool, if Trump did do this it's better out in the open, enough people will not believe it for him to ride it out. 

Trump won't even admit that he has said things when he has been televised saying them. The chances of him admitting to this little evenings entertainment are zero, he will say it is CGI.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Trump won't even admit that he has said things when he has been televised saying them. The chances of him admitting to this little evenings entertainment are zero, he will say it is CGI.

And if he did say it was, all the usual suspects here would defend it. They'd tell us how you how piss doesn't reflect the lights properly.

58 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Another truth  they spread lies and fake news hoping Clinton would get in.

I think its the other way around. Trump is the king of fake news and used it at every opportunity to bring down any opponent. He deserves a super tanker full of it. I hope it makes his life a bigger misery than he made for his opponents.

1. Trump  "I have heard from a credible source that Obamas birth certificates are fake"

2. Trump.  "Clinton is a murderer"

3. Trump   "Obama is the founder of ISIS"

3. Trump  "Obama is a Kenyan Muslim who did not go to Columbia University"

4. Trump  "Clinton is to Ill to serve as President.

5. Trump  "Ted Cruzes father was involved in the plot to kill JFK

6. Trump  " The Central Park 5 are guilty and deserve the death penalty"

7. Trump  " I saw thousands and thousands of muslims cheering on 9/11"

8. Trump  "Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was murdered."

9. Trump  "Black People kill all the white people"

10. Trump   " Millions of people in the United States voted illegally on Nov. 8"

11.  Trump  " Climate change is a trick pulled on us by the Chinese"

12. Trump  "Marco Rubio is ineligible to be president"

13. Trump   "Paid rabble-rousers protested the election results"

14  Trump "If I lose the election it is because the whole system is rigged against me"

Need we go on?

During an appearance on “The O’Reilly Factor,” Trump’s excuse for tweeting disinformation was that he doesn’t know if things he tweets are true, but also he doesn’t care. “Am I going to check every statistic?” Trump asked. “All it was, was a retweet. It wasn’t from me.”

well Mr Trump the stories about hookers doing golden showers are more than just a 're-tweet'!

Everything i have listed above is a FACT in terms of it was Trump it came from either verbally or tweeted and there is video and written evidence to ratify that.

Trump deserves to be the subject of the most cruel allegations, whether based on fact or fiction. He has destroyed lives with his "fake' news and now complains like a whining baby when he is on the return of it. You reap what you sow.

Now I get it, Republicans, you achieved a prime goal, -  keep HRC away from the Presidency, that is complete, get over it, it is now water under the bridge and no longer an excuse for the behaviour of Trump.  Anyone who can accept that it is OK for the list above to be said by their President seriously needs their head checking. What the Republicans must do now is bury Trump in such scandal he will live as a recluse for the rest of his life (preferably in a supermax in a cell joining his 3 little piggies). If you do not bury him,  the defeat at the mid terms will be like nothing seen before in US politics and the GOP will never recover. How Trump supporters can endorse and advocate this lying narcissist is beyond me. 

Edited by Andaman Al

The one thing that really delights me is that Trump has spent so much time sincerely slagging off journalists and reporters he has no idea of what the consequence will be for him. For one, I cant wait for the next White House Correspondents Dinner (I hope they all get up and leave at the end of the dinner and leave fox news sat on their own at a table). The other thing is DJT has really pi**ed off a group of journalists that are rabid bulldogs who will not let ANYTHING drop until they find out the truth - the British Press. If the US media backs off due to internal political pressure, please trust us, the British Press will find out the precise truth of it all (they will have their investigations well under way already!). Enjoy the ride while it lasts Trump. The video from the Ritz Carlton Moscow will be out soon. Maybe the 19th. Popcorn!!

What I find the most fascinating when discussing Trump with his supporters, is how black and white they are. There is no room for debate. There is no possibility that their candidate is not everything he claims he is. Few will admit that he is seriously flawed. I know a few guys that have said that, and their position was that they did not care how bad he was, the alternative was worse. I was a democrat for most of my life. Now, I am neither. I find both parties a bit too distasteful, and broken, for my taste, at this point. But, even when I voted for Obama (only once, thank you very much), I could discuss him, with an open mind, and admit to his flaws. 

In many countries, if what Trump is being accused of is true, in regard to cooperating with the Russian state, to influence the election, he would be tried for treason, and executed. 

2 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Another truth  they spread lies and fake news hoping Clinton would get in.

It is not enough to just offer your opinion or other bullshit as fact.  Please notice what others (of both sides) do- they provide evidence for their points.  Post #141 from AndamanAl is a good example.  I know you are new here, but get with the program and stop spouting propaganda with no evidence.

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What I find the most fascinating when discussing Trump with his supporters, is how black and white they are. There is no room for debate.

Are you serious? The same thing applies to the Trump haters in spades.  Pot, kettle, black.

US have #fakePresident 

That is all that matters?

There is huge amount of trust shown truths of Trump's behaviour? Not true.

To encounter this, we must see what the Putin forces are actually doing. It's quite usual situation how the psychological game is been played. 

It does not mean that the rest of the people should continue to follow Putin's principles. 

Each person, each of us, should just think, what is fair. 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Are you serious? The same thing applies to the Trump haters in spades.  Pot, kettle, black.

Nobody should defend everything outlandish that someone says or does just because you like them. 

Edited by jcsmith

58 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

Nobody should defend everything outlandish that someone says or does just because you like them. 

I have made it very plain that I do not much like him, but the man won the election and is about to become president.  I also object to the way that he has been dishonestly demonized before and since he was elected. IMO,  something like 80% of the talking points against him are very distorted facts or out and out lies.

Edited by Ulysses G.

15 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I have made it very plain that I do not much like him, but the man won the election and is about to become president.  I also object to the way that he has been dishonestly demonized before and since he was elected. IMO,  something like 80% of the talking points against him are very distorted facts or out and out lies.

You keep saying that you don't like him but your post history says otherwise. And what are the 80% of the talking points against him which are very distorted facts or outright lies? If someone says that is an outright lie then you should point out what is incorrect about it. While there are certainly some things which fall into that category I think it's a minority. Trump makes these claims out of his own mouth which are easy to verify as false or easy to point out the problems. Yet it seems to me you will defend just about all of them, and then say you do not like Trump very much.

Edited by jcsmith