Video: Another example of Thai driving as cop hit on Zebra Crossing

webfact

Video: Another example of Thai driving as cop hit on Zebra Crossing

4a.jpg

Picture: video screenshot

SAMUT SONGKRAM: -- A video taken from the rear of a car shows another terrible example of impatient and irresponsible Thai driving.

A traffic cop in Samut Songkram gives a hand signal for a red plate Honda to stop at a Zebra Crossing.

There are a lot of school children waiting to cross the road in safety, reports Sanook.

But instead of obeying the officers reasonable request he revs up, brushes past the officer and races off. He just can't be bothered to wait while the children cross.

Traffic cop Theera Seubtrakoon, 44, said the incident happened on Tuesday at 5.26pm in the rain. He had stopped the traffic so that children from Wat Pom Kaew school and Samut Songkram kindergarten could cross the road in safety.

"The driver hit me then raced off at speed," Theera told sanook.com. "Drivers should obey the law for the benefit of all.

It was not reported if police managed to make an arrest in the matter.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-13

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

In Thailand, zebra crossings are for herds of cars, not for pedestrians. Silly policeman!:w00t: Send him to the PM's office for re-education.

Wrong they are parking spaces for people with big cars.

I have always found that Thai drivers speed up when they see you on a zebra crossing. I have asked many Thais what they are for in the road and they believe they are for crossing when there are no cars coming. So you see the mentality.

You would have thought they would learn this at the driving test but having done this a few times here you soon realize that these are not taken seriously and people play on their phones, fall asleep and generally don't care. you pay your money and get your license, so nothing will change until the testing changes.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

How should he know it's a policeman in that orange raincoat?

I also won't stop if the securityguard (without good uniform) from the cardealer down the road is stopping cars to let customers out..

They just jump on the road without looking and want all to stop, they just have to wait for their turn.

I see such happend everyday at the Kindergarten once I step with our 4 year kid on the zebra.You just cannot cross it without constandly being threaten by oncoming Vehicle.

One of these Idiots had push his bumper to a Mother with child crossing the zebra to get into the kindergarten...he actually really roll forward to her knee.

Everyday that happend scarry zebra walk.

It is a simple character and educational +lawenforcement issue...you just cant control this mass of uncontrolled vehicles driver to many characters behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

In Thailand, zebra crossings are for herds of cars, not for pedestrians. Silly policeman!:w00t: Send him to the PM's office for re-education.

i thought they were for zebras only as they never stop for  people................mind  you dont  see many zebras crossing so maybe Thai are unfamiliar with  that and have never had to stop

A zebra crossing in Thailand is probably the closest pedestrians get to the annual migration of over a million wildebeest and zebra between Tanzania and Kenya, where these animals are forced to cross the crocodile-infested Mara River. 

unnamed.jpg

Come on be Fair the driver was on the Phone smoking a Cigarette its Multi Tasking and you people expect him o watch where he is going It is Thailand Now Rules and why would you worry with the costs of Fines here

Over seas he would be Heavily fined and banned from driving don't you just love Thailand 

16 minutes ago, fruitman said:

How should he know it's a policeman in that orange raincoat?

I also won't stop if the securityguard (without good uniform) from the cardealer down the road is stopping cars to let customers out..

They just jump on the road without looking and want all to stop, they just have to wait for their turn.

Doesn't matter if it's a policeman or not, if there're people on the crossing or waiting to cross, then the cars should stop. What country are you from to post a reply like this?

Just now, jesimps said:

Doesn't matter if it's a policeman or not, if there're people on the crossing or waiting to cross, then the cars should stop. What country are you from to post a reply like this?

It sure does matter, you can't have every idiot stopping cars at a road...there have to be rules for it.

And zebracrossings don't work at all in Thailand, they won't stop for a zebra....where have you been to not know that?

9 minutes ago, jesimps said:

It's worse in the Philippines, the drivers will even honk the horn for you to get off the crossing. I cannot understand the mentality of both sets of drivers, is it your life is affected by waiting a few seconds for people to cross the road?

1 minute ago, captspectre said:

when they catch that idiot, they should take his/her license away and impound the car!

not likely to happen. more like a 500 to 1000 baht fine.

my observation is that a lot of people here have the money to buy vehicles, but are totally clueless how to use them responsibly.

18 minutes ago, fruitman said:

It sure does matter, you can't have every idiot stopping cars at a road...there have to be rules for it.

And zebracrossings don't work at all in Thailand, they won't stop for a zebra....where have you been to not know that?

Well I guess that's one vote for complete anarchy and open season on all pedestrians.

Yes.  We KNOW they don't work.  And the consensus pretty much is that they SHOULD, and at a zebra crossing cars SHOULD be stopping, even for people you like to refer to as "idiots"!

21 minutes ago, fruitman said:

You dont get it do you. When there are people crossing or are about to cross the road at zebra crossings you must stop. The issue is not the policeman and his clothes but the rules of the road. 

1 minute ago, hawker9000 said:

Well I guess that's one vote for complete anarchy and open season on all pedestrians.

Yes.  We KNOW they don't work.  And the consensus pretty much is that they SHOULD, and at a zebra crossing cars SHOULD be stopping, even for people you like to refer to as "idiots"!

Even in the MBK they sell raincoats with the text "POLICE" on them, why wasn't he wearing one of those?

It's time the police defends their colors so nobody else wears it. Also the red/blue emergencylights are used by restaurants and shops along the roads and they do nothing to stop it.

I have stopped for young adults waiting to cross to university. There is a multi colored cross walk that has many warning signs. You would think I was wrong for stopping based on the honking and finger throwing at me. Someone will be killed there because of Thainess and their driving "skills. "