Trump blames 'both Democrats and Republicans' for allegations

snoop1130

Trump blames 'both Democrats and Republicans' for allegations

2017-01-13T115050Z_1_LYNXMPED0C0ON_RTROPTP_3_USA-TRUMP.JPG

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a news conference in the lobby of Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., January 11, 2017. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

REUTERS - U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Friday accused his political opponents, "both Democrats and Republicans," for putting together a dossier of unverified claims linking him to Russia and said the document was probably released by intelligence agencies.

"Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS! Russia says nothing exists," Trump said in a series of posts on Twitter.

"Probably released by 'Intelligence' even knowing there is no proof, and never will be," he said.

On Wednesday, U.S. spy chief James Clapper said that media leaks of the material had not come from U.S. intelligence agencies and that the agencies had not judged whether the information was reliable.

(Reporting by Washington Newsroom; Editing by Hugh Lawson)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-1-13

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one week Donald Trump is the president of the USA, which means that Donald is the establishment. 

I hope he doesn't manage to do too much damage to our world, before his Russian connections force him to step down from the presidency. 

I'm guessing that most of the intelligence agencies around the world are currently concentrating their efforts to figure out what kind of person Pence is.

12 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Russia says nothing exists

Wow, I didn't know Russia was into solipsism or nihilism. How metaphysical for them.

Personally, I subscribe to Phenomenalism.

Edited by Silurian

I admire Trump, I do not like him

I believe he is exactly what the USA needs at the moment

Yes he is likely to rock a few boats but the whole system is long overdue for a shake up

Lets also not forget he was elected

5 minutes ago, al007 said:

I admire Trump, I do not like him

I believe he is exactly what the USA needs at the moment

Yes he is likely to rock a few boats but the whole system is long overdue for a shake up

Lets also not forget he was elected

I could understand if you would admire Trump because he knows exactly what his ego needs. 

They have an idea what USA needs, but they are tuned to deliver what Putin needs.

55 minutes ago, Slip said:

"Trump blames everyone but himself'.  Americans should get used to this headline if they are not already.

Journalist Glenn Greenwald. - hardly a Trump supporter - backs up much of what Trump is saying. He believes that the CIA put their weight behind Hillary, against Trump and are engaged in open warfare against the president elect. He believes that they are trying to unilaterally subvert the election and using the MSM and the democratic party to impose their own agenda.

Greenwald is a respected journalist that usually writes for liberal publications and is very well known internationally.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11/the-deep-state-goes-to-war-with-president-elect-using-unverified-claims-as-dems-cheer/

5 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Journalist Glenn Greenwald. - hardly a Trump supporter - backs up much of what Trump is saying. He believes that the CIA put their weight behind Hillary, against Trump and are engaged in open warfare against the president elect. He believes that they are trying to unilaterally subvert the election and using the MSM and the democratic party to impose their own agenda.

Greenwald is a respected journalist that usually writes for liberal publications and is very well known internationally.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11/the-deep-state-goes-to-war-with-president-elect-using-unverified-claims-as-dems-cheer/

I can only think you quoted me in error since your post has zero to do with mine.  Or is it more of that deflection that we are so used to seeing?

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

In one week Donald Trump is the president of the USA, which means that Donald is the establishment. 

I hope he doesn't manage to do too much damage to our world, before his Russian connections force him to step down from the presidency. 

I'm guessing that most of the intelligence agencies around the world are currently concentrating their efforts to figure out what kind of person Pence is.

Pence could very well end up as next POTUS.

42 minutes ago, Slip said:

I can only think you quoted me in error since your post has zero to do with mine.  Or is it more of that deflection that we are so used to seeing?

You saud that Trump blames everyone but himself. I provided some perspective on why.

According to Glenn Greenwald, there is some pretty shady stuff going on behind the scenes. Calling evidence "deflection" seems to be the fashionable way of avoiding facts that one does not like.

Edited by Ulysses G.

18 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

27 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

You saud that Trump blames everyone but himself. I provided some perspective on why.

According to Glenn Greenwald, there is some pretty shady stuff going on behind the scenes. Calling evidence "deflection" seems to be the fashionable way of avoiding facts that one does not like.

I think your perception is crooked.  Trump blames everyone but himself, but can only dream of the analytical prowess of Mr Greenwald, at least for now.  Perhaps he will learn on the job.  That is the only hope for the US now.

However my point was "Americans should get used to this headline", and nothing to do with random political commentators or what they publish to put bread on their table.

17 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Did you say something about deflection? A bunch of unsubstantiated opinions pretty much fit the bill.

Calling evidence "deflection" seems to be the fashionable way of avoiding facts that one does not like.

Should we take it then that you are 'fashionably avoiding facts that one doesn't like'?  Or is it that opinions are not allowed in the world of trump supporters?  That one will take some time to get traction in the rest of the world I daresay.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Pence could very well end up as next POTUS.

Pence is indeed going to be the next real POTUS. There will be a short time fame for this Paris Hilton who is going to be named as POTUS, but his flame does not last for long. 

For what I have learned, Pence is not a reasonable candidate himself. He is much more stable than Paris is, but his values are generally from dark ages. 

Remember that Kasich reported he was offered to be trump's VP and told he would be doing all the work of president. Kasich declined but it's reasonable to assume Pence got the same deal. At least trump has self knowledge that he doesn't really want to and won't ever be qualified to actually do the actual work of president (except the fun stuff like tweeting and Mussolini style hysterical rallies) but Pence is indeed a horrifically extreme far right winger. Progressive Americans -- we are truly you know what-ed. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Remember that Kasich reported he was offered to be trump's VP and told he would be doing all the work. Kasich declined but it's reasonable to assume Pence got the same deal. At least trump has self knowledge that he doesn't really want to and won't ever be qualified to actually do that actual work of president (except the fun stuff like tweeting and Mussolini style hysterical rallies) but Pence is indeed a horrifically extreme far right winger. Progressive Americans -- we are truly you know what-ed. 

If you listened what Biden said earlier today/yesterday, it kind of confirms that Trump is not even going to take the responsibility of the job. He is going to give the responsibilities to the vice president. 

Biden said, along the lines "Vice president does not have the powers of the President, for a good reason". 

I didn't understood why he said that, but in this context it makes sense. 

20 minutes ago, Slip said:

Should we take it then that you are 'fashionably avoiding facts that one doesn't like'?  

I just provided you with facts from Glenn Greenwald. You deflected by calling him a "random political commentator", which is far from the truth. He is well respected and a liberal to boot - not the kind to defend Trump without good reason. 

Politics, inside the Beltway, have been nasty for a long time.  Previous Presidents choose not to wrestle with the pigs, for fear of getting dirty.  This President is going to show the pigs how dirty things can really get.  He likes it and has nothing to lose.

Edited by rijb

Really?  

You provided an opinion.  More than one as it goes.  Then you tried to pass that off as fact.  The commentator you mentioned is random in so far as he is one of many you could quote.  Then you gave a couple more or your opinions about him.  Your opinions do not amount to fact no matter how much you believe they should.  You should explain that to your heroes too.

No sale.

I love it!

Trump spent six years questioning whether Obama was born in the US and ignoring all evidence that he was.  Now he is faced with stories of kinky activity with prostitutes and is outraged.  The beauty is that while Obama could and did prove he was born in the US, Trump can never prove he never got kinky with prostitutes. 

Maybe there is something to karma.

9 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Let's see--a former CIA director endorsed Clinton (like many others) and stated that Trump was being used by the Russian Federation (obvious to see).  A former MI6 agent was first paid by the Republicans then by the Democrats to dig up dirt on Trump, but had a hard time getting anyone to take his unsubstantiated claims seriously.  Finally he got Sen McCain and the FBI to look at the material and Buzzfeed to publish the file.

In Mr. Greenwald's opinion that constitutes proof of a CIA/Democratic Party conspiracy against Trump.  I find his conclusion even less credible than the claims about Trump. 

If you want a conspiracy, consider this.  The FBI had investigations about possible Russian ties to the Trump campaign and possible secrecy violations on Hillary Clinton's e-mail server during the election campaign.  The FBI went public in a big way on the Clinton investigation, including a timely reminder eleven days before the election, violating FBI policy and AG instruction.  The FBI kept quiet about the Trump investigation.  Now that's evidence of a conspiracy!

Edited by heybruce

"Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS! Russia says nothing exists," Trump said in a series of posts on Twitter.

"Probably released by 'Intelligence' even knowing there is no proof, and never will be," he said.

Didn't Trump say the same thing about Russian hacks?  FAKE NEWS!  Then he admitted it was true.  He's starting to sound like Putin.  There are NO Russian troops in Crimea.  Oops, I lied and we now own Crimea.  There are NO troops in Ukraine!  Oops, they are there on their own personal holiday.

The CIA clearly said there was no proof and the claims needed to be vetted.  Something Trump obviously didn't read or hear...or just chose to ignore.

How about say, OK.  Let's investigate this and get to the bottom of the matter.  Instead of slinging mud at any and everybody.  Extremely unprofessional.  He should avoid Twitter. LOL

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Loved it.  The BBC person ripped him apart.  Even he said Trump isn't a paragon of truth!  Perfect. LOL Excellent.

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you want a conspiracy, consider this.  The FBI had investigations about possible Russian ties to the Trump campaign and possible secrecy violations on Hillary Clinton's e-mail server during the election campaign.  The FBI went public in a big way on the Clinton investigation, including a timely reminder eleven days before the election, violating FBI policy and AG instruction.  The FBI kept quiet about the Trump investigation.  Now that's evidence of a conspiracy!

They also ignored the career agents and attorneys on the email case who unanimously believed the Hillary should have been charged. Someone should have to answer for that.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

They also ignored the career agents and attorneys on the email case who unanimously believed the Hillary should have been charged. Someone should have to answer for that.

But it's over.  Time to move on.  She wasn't charged.  Isn't that what you tell Clinton supporters?  You lost!  Deal with it. LOL