Highest quality beef in BKK?

chawarma

Foodland is good....but be sure to get the meat with the "Prime Feed" sticker on it as it much better/more tender than their regular meat (no Prime Feed sticker).  Don't know where the Prime Feed sticker meat comes from...probably Thailand but from cattle which is fed good cattle feed/grains vs primarily grass.  Foodland is pretty much were we get all our meat.

1 hour ago, greg71 said:

There are outlets at the mall ramkhamhaeng ,central world and they do deliveries as well.They have a facebook page as well you can check out . https://www.facebook.com/CompanyB.Thailand/

Do you know where in central world? Is it at the butcherdepartment in Tops? 

Before i order delivery i would like to see the meat first and try some.

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

Foodland is good....but be sure to get the meat with the "Prime Feed" sticker on it as it much better/more tender than their regular meat (no Prime Feed sticker).  Don't know where the Prime Feed sticker meat comes from...probably Thailand but from cattle which is fed good cattle feed/grains vs primarily grass.  Foodland is pretty much were we get all our meat.

I remember the "pen fed" sticker in foodland.  Also they have aussie beef, tried it once but was not so impressed.

I never had tender beef in Foodland and they also can't speak a word english. So i stopped buying beef at all, only minced from the fridge so i don't have to speak to them.

2 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

yeah go for the Japanese one at Nippon kai. suddenly price will become an issue. 

I would say yes, Japanese beef is good and for A5 it costs. However we should keep in mind there are other types of beef where wagyu isn't appropriate. 

I would rate American beef or Scottish above Australian but as Australia is close it is considered the best. In Thailand it probably is.

Edited by anotheruser

On 1/17/2017 at 9:34 PM, fruitman said:

I remember the "pen fed" sticker in foodland.  Also they have aussie beef, tried it once but was not so impressed.

I never had tender beef in Foodland and they also can't speak a word english. So i stopped buying beef at all, only minced from the fridge so i don't have to speak to them.

I never gave beef a second thought in Thailand since I figured most "affordable" beef is not going to be aged at all (dry or wet) and thus would only be good for things like stir fries.

22 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I never gave beef a second thought in Thailand since I figured most "affordable" beef is not going to be aged at all (dry or wet) and thus would only be good for things like stir fries.

We eat duckfillet instead of beef now..much better

On 01/19/2017 at 1:56 PM, blackcab said:

El Gaucho on Soi 19 has a butchers section.

Convenient location.

Yeah, need to go back and check it out it's only -15 min on MRT.

Yeah, Foodland might not be EG but I ain't spending an hour/s chasing down dead cow every weekend for the wife. Let her suffer with Foodland NY Strip I say!

Edited by ozmeldo

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 0:38 AM, anotheruser said:

I would say yes, Japanese beef is good and for A5 it costs. However we should keep in mind there are other types of beef where wagyu isn't appropriate. 

I would rate American beef or Scottish above Australian but as Australia is close it is considered the best. In Thailand it probably is.

American beef is mostly corn fed and loaded with antibiotics. NZ beef is mostly grass fed and antibiotic free. Up to you.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, anotheruser said:

i grew up on the stuff but i don't rate American beef at all. corn-fed, flabby, hormone-drenched, antibiotic-ridden wretched animals for the most part. but hey it's nicely marbled. 

I haven't been impressed with the Australian beef at my local Villa Market. Didn't dislike it but wasn't value for money. 

i am not a huge fan of the flavor of corn fed beef in general and prefer a more gamey, strong flavor. therefore i like (and without reservations, recommend) the New Zealand pastured beef available at most (maybe all) Villa Markets in the frozen section.