Leaving soon - what happens if 90 day not done

I will be leaving Thailand in 5 weeks time, and my next 90 day report is due early next week (I have permission to stay til Nov 2017).  

I have been trying the on-line system for a few days, and just found out it has been taken down.

Mail is not an option now as I will be driving to visit friends/family this weekend before we are flying out, and I will not be back here when the receipt/notice comes back.

What will happen at the airport if I fail to notify 90 days before I leave?  Is it worth going and waiting at immigration (Chiang Mai) for a while/day, or should I just not bother?

Any advice appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Nothing will happen at the airport but if you return and make a visit to Immigration they will fine you 2,000 Baht if they spot it

I've never had them look at the airport either. I always thought it was in the computer. Are you sure it isn't in the computer which has your status etc.? 

As a rule they don't check 90 day report receipts at the airport, and their systems do not show any missed reports. Remove any old receipts or notification slips from your passport.

If you leave with a four week overdue report it is possible (not definite) that you'll be fined in the future by the CM office.

I would send it by post so the receipt is at home when you eventually return.

90 day reporting is a seperate thing from your visa "permissipn to stay stamp" or overstay status.

They won't even know at the airport unless your 90 day reporting notice is in your passport.

Anyhow, they don't care at the airport immigration as you exit.

If and when you return and have 90 day reporting your 90 day  "reporting clock" is reset from the day you return.

Now leaving at a land border, however, can be different

1 hour ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Mail is not an option now as I will be driving to visit friends/family this weekend before we are flying out, and I will not be back here when the receipt/notice comes back.

Mail it in and the receipt for it will be in the mail when you come back. No worry about the late report when you do a report when you do one 90 days from when you enter the country.

They don't check for 90 day reports when you leave the country.

• Like 2

As noted, just mail it in and be sure to keep your registered mail receipt.  If/when you're back and have to do your next 90-day report, make sure you have that mail receipt with you and, if they start talking about any "failed" prior report or fine, just do the puzzled smile thing, show them the EMS receipt, and politely indicate that you did report on time.  Hopefully, they either won't bring up the issue or will be satisfied with the EMS receipt; if not, do the puzzled smile thing again and pay the fine! 

I'd note that I've mailed a 90-day report before intentionally late (well within their so-called 15-day window) simply to avoid having to file another one a week before I was scheduled to fly out of the country.  It worked and there was no problem.

15 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Thanks everyone - much ado about nothing it seems.

I will remove the last 90 day notice from passport and act dumb at the airport (wont be hard).

Thanks again - much appreciated.

First they do not care at the airport when or how you made the 90 Day report Just leave it in the passport it is a NON ISSUE. They may actually say something if they do not see it in the passport

Once you come back to Thailand and clear immigration your 90 days starts again Arriving in Thailand resets your 90 day reporting  As such you do not need to report to local 

immigration for a full 90 days from the time they stamped your arrival card .

I have done this many many times They simply do not care about your 90 days at the airport when you go out

On 1/16/2017 at 8:22 PM, ELVIS123456 said:

Thanks everyone - much ado about nothing it seems.

I will remove the last 90 day notice from passport and act dumb at the airport (wont be hard).

Thanks again - much appreciated.

Up to you but I would take Ubonjoe's advice and mail it in. I can't see how ignoring your 90 day report for four weeks would be a good move unless you don't plan on returning.